Asked my Trainer re eating back calories

Options

Replies

• Angie1323
    Angie1323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks a million for this!! I thought just like you --all that work for nothing! Lol. My kickboxing instructor also recommended the apple and cottage cheese so reading that again really made me happy.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    whatever..trainers are NOT nutritionists..and starvation mode is a myth. anyone can call themselves a trainer, and you can get a certification over the internet, like a marriage license. all trainers have different opinions like people here.

True enough...SO...ask a biochemist. Would that degree be sufficient for you?

starvation mode is NOT a myth...starvation mode is an every day (laymans) way of saying SLOWED METABOLISM.

many things affect metabolism. Belief that the body is "starving" is one of them.
    Dehydration is another.
    Sedentary lifestyle is another.

Thank you, OP, for posting it so the general public can have a rational understandable explanation!
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this was perfect.
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :wink: Excellent post! I always wonder about this...
  • grandmawantstolose
    grandmawantstolose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Watchmeshrink21
    Watchmeshrink21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    omg thanks soooo much i was looking for this every where !
  • abazooday727
    Options
    YAY!!:smokin:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
  • classicbecca
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks for sharing. Always scared to eat the exercise calories even though I can tell I need them. But now I understand why, I won't hesitate :)

We all just need a little understanding.
  • jenngi620
    jenngi620 Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks a lot. I did just what she described, went to a strict 1200 cal, lots a ton of weight the first month and now STALLED for the whole second month. I just bumped my calorie intake up to 1380 and will be sure to eat back exercise calories. Thanks thanks thanks!!!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This was a very helpful read! Thank you so much for posting :)
  • truebrit71
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this..I always feel guilty when I eat after I exercise...but what your trainer says makes sense...I just can't imagine my body being in 'starvation mode' LOL!!!
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thanks for posting! This is really helpful!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Finally we have a definitive answer from a nutrition professional that we can point anyone who asks to.

This.

Thanks for sharing
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty anal and I always make sure my minimum net intake is at least 1200 calories. If I ate a total of 1400 and burned 600, I will eat that extra 400 to bring it up to 1200, but I usually won't eat more than that. That way, I still have a deficit and my body is getting the calories it needs to keep functioning.
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    Thank you so much!!
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    thanks so much for sharing!!
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what the ******y is? lol
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I completely understand why you would want a professionals opinion bc it has been so confusing to me as well. I must put this link out there for everyone to read only bc I found it to be very well put as well. I am still very confused about the whole process but as I have told other people, everyone is different and what might work for one person will not work for another. I have tried eating back all my calories and all I did was gain, I have tried staying under my calories and I was completely lethargic and then I have tried eating back only SOME of my calories and I am fine and losing. So it really just depends on the person.

Much luck & blessings to everyone, I hope you all succeed in your journey.