• moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sage advice thank you so much for sharing
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    great post :]
    i wish i was more aware of this, at the beginning of my fitness journey! i feel so frustrated by the misinformation we're fed-- esp. women. ugh, the dieting industry now makes me angrier than ever. :(
  • kolie518
    kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is great advise. Thank you for sharing.
  • richellekramer
    Options
    Thank you for sharig this. I really struggle with this topic too. When I read it, it makes perfect sense.
  • Just_Plain_D
    Options
    Marking this post for future reference.
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome post - thanks for sharing... just out of curiousity (and not that I want to do this) but how in the world do they lose those big numbers on the biggest loser. I don't supposse they are eating back their exercise calories but they consistently do it every single week! I have just been always curious about that because technically they should be plateauing because their body is going into starvation mode for like 4 months!
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with everything this woman wrote!!

I am ALWAYS over my calorie intake that MFP sets for me and its set to maintain my current weight. There is no way I can be happy eating 1690 calories a day and have enough energy to weight lift. Im usally close to 2000 if not more on the days I lift and when I eat back what I burned, I feel great, not deprived. Granted, Im not trying to lose weight and I know everyone is different but I have learned to listen to my body as this woman wrote, eat whats right for me and eat in moderation. and when I want a few extra chewy gooey chips ahoy cookies, then dammit I will eat them!!
  • Shawtee808
    Shawtee808 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank u for sharing this! :flowerforyou:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    well said and so true...
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome post - thanks for sharing... just out of curiousity (and not that I want to do this) but how in the world do they lose those big numbers on the biggest loser. I don't supposse they are eating back their exercise calories but they consistently do it every single week! I have just been always curious about that because technically they should be plateauing because their body is going into starvation mode for like 4 months!
    My only thought is that they do not plateau as easily and hit starvation mode as easily since they are so large to begin with...also, you don't see every minute of their days....they might very well be eating back their calories, just in healthier ways than they did before.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    What a great response! I get questions like this all the time and I always wonder if I'm answering clearly enough. She did a fantastic job of explaining the concept. Thanks so much for posting!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That really helped.
  • Minkime
    Minkime Posts: 41
    Options
    bump
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. It is nice to see what I have been told explained in a way that is easily understood.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Glad this was shared so that people out there who eat 1200 and exercise will finally maybe hopefully eat back their calories.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great response! Makes sense to me!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great answer and read! Thanks for asking your trainer!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. I like the way it was explained. Just so you know, I am stealing this for future use :)