Postnatal- April 2011

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, Sheri. I had lost a good amount of weight before getting preggo, and even though I have lost way more already than I thought I would, I definitely feel different than before. We just have to keep telling ourselves that it took 9 months to put the extra weight on, it's going to take time to get it off too. Then we can start working on those other pesky pounds! That's what we're here for - support! I will be more supportive on eating and exercise when I can get in that mind set. Hopefully it will be soon!

Annabelle's 2 week appointment is tomorrow, and I am so glad. I have some questions for the doctor! lol I can't believe I haven't called in the middle of the night yet... :laugh: During this past week she has had some major spit ups. They're really big (like wet mine and DH's entire shirt if we're holding her). I thought at first they were spit ups, but now I'm thinking they might be vomit?? She's not upset when they happen, but they freak me out. We thought it only happened when she was moved around alot after eating, but today when it happened I had just changed her position while holding her and it was like a flood came out. Any advice? It has happened about 5 times so far.

Did she burp? Brooklynn is very difficult to burn and sometimes spits up but not very much. Is she crying much? Seem uncomfortable?
  • jamielangner
    Options
    Ok so I am feeling like a big fat whale! I know that I just had a baby but the reality is I was heavy to start with. Yesterday some crazy preaching guy praised me and hubby for having our little man, our newborn and me being pregnant...he said we are doing as god wants!!! Seriously dude? I just gave birth 3 1/2 weeks ago and have not done the deed. I think normally it wouldnt bother me but I have just been feeling terrible about my weight and want to see quick results which is not possible.
    I feel the same way, Sheri. I had lost a good amount of weight before getting preggo, and even though I have lost way more already than I thought I would, I definitely feel different than before. We just have to keep telling ourselves that it took 9 months to put the extra weight on, it's going to take time to get it off too. Then we can start working on those other pesky pounds! That's what we're here for - support! I will be more supportive on eating and exercise when I can get in that mind set. Hopefully it will be soon!
    Ugh, I know how you both feel & I'm sure we aren't alone in that but I wish people would just keep their mouths shut! Seriously.. don't they realize what an emotional mess we are right now???
    Annabelle's 2 week appointment is tomorrow, and I am so glad. I have some questions for the doctor! lol I can't believe I haven't called in the middle of the night yet... :laugh: During this past week she has had some major spit ups. They're really big (like wet mine and DH's entire shirt if we're holding her). I thought at first they were spit ups, but now I'm thinking they might be vomit?? She's not upset when they happen, but they freak me out. We thought it only happened when she was moved around alot after eating, but today when it happened I had just changed her position while holding her and it was like a flood came out. Any advice? It has happened about 5 times so far.
    I have been having the same problem with Hayley. I am totally not used to it because Brielle barely ever spit up. The first time Hayley spit up a lot I really freaked out and I'm so thankful my mom was there to calm me down! I forget, are you breastfeeding or formula? Good thing about breastmilk is that it doesn't stain :) I don't know if this helps, but I found that if I put Hayley on more of an incline (instead of flat) when she is eating she is less likely to spit up. I just prop up the part of the boppy her head is on and let her feet fall off the boppy completely. Sometimes I have to get her to latch on while she is flat & then adjust her position because she still hasn't completely gotten the hang of breastfeeding. Also, for some reason most spit ups happen during the night hours (6pm-10pm).. I'm not sure why?
  • jamielangner
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone :) I have been totally neglecting you all even though I have still been managing to log my food. My daughter brought home something really nasty from daycare about 2 weeks ago and we are just now getting over it! Hayley is still very stuffy but I haven't taken her to the doctor, I have just been taking lots of steamy showers with her.

I am proud to say that Hayley is one month old & I've really gotten into the swing of eating better & getting my butt into gear to lose this weight the last week or so. The first time I went on a jog Hayley was only about 2.5 weeks, and my body let me know how stupid that was! I was in some serious pain & there was some serious bleeding after that. I've been scared to try again since that but I started out easy aout a week ago. Yesterday I worked out for almost an hour & ran a whole mile! Might not sound like a lot but it gave me some serious motivation. I know most of us so far have not really been doing much because we have been in recovery but I'm sooooooo ready to get to losing weight! I'm thinking we should start with a weekly weigh in for now on Monday & then add exercise later when more of us our cleared to really exercise.. any thoughts?
  • jamielangner
    Options
    P.S. HAPPY SPRING! Aren't you just LOVING this weather???

230370_649162790689_28803137_35110433_2107116_n.jpg

OK, I'm done posting for a little while :)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

Hey Megan!

Adorable picture!

I had Wade do this a few times (spit up a lot and wonder if it was vomiting instead) and the doctor told me he was probably getting a lot of air while feeding and to stop him more often and burp him. He hasn't had the problem since. Wade was congested though and that is why he was getting more air when feeding. Other than the few times he had lots of spit up, he is my first baby who doesn't spit up at all.

Hopefully Annabelle is doing better.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Oh my gosh Jamie. Absolutely adorable. Hope you are all feeling better.

I finally got into the doctor yesterday and have a bad sinus infection. I am on 10 days (3 pills a day) of antibiotic. Certainly no fun but glad I got myself in finally.

We haven't had the nice weather here yet :( Rainy and cold but we are to hit 72 tomorrow! Yay!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Ok so I am feeling like a big fat whale! I know that I just had a baby but the reality is I was heavy to start with. Yesterday some crazy preaching guy praised me and hubby for having our little man, our newborn and me being pregnant...he said we are doing as god wants!!! Seriously dude? I just gave birth 3 1/2 weeks ago and have not done the deed. I think normally it wouldnt bother me but I have just been feeling terrible about my weight and want to see quick results which is not possible.

You are doing awesome! I am waiting for someone to ask me when I am due because I still have the belly. I have dropped 17 lbs but have 13 lbs to go before getting to my pre-pregnancy weight. The weight definitely shifts around!

You will get there! Slow and steady wins the race. Now I need to get my butt in gear :laugh:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I have been having the same problem with Hayley. I am totally not used to it because Brielle barely ever spit up. The first time Hayley spit up a lot I really freaked out and I'm so thankful my mom was there to calm me down! I forget, are you breastfeeding or formula? Good thing about breastmilk is that it doesn't stain :) I don't know if this helps, but I found that if I put Hayley on more of an incline (instead of flat) when she is eating she is less likely to spit up. I just prop up the part of the boppy her head is on and let her feet fall off the boppy completely. Sometimes I have to get her to latch on while she is flat & then adjust her position because she still hasn't completely gotten the hang of breastfeeding. Also, for some reason most spit ups happen during the night hours (6pm-10pm).. I'm not sure why?

I rarely use the boppy for nursing anymore, I also prop her up when nursing and pretty much use the boppy for her to sleep. Sounds strange but that is the only way she will sleep (she thinks she is being held) I LOVE that the breast milk does not stain and the spit up does not stink like with formula feed babies. Are you taking in dairy? The lactation lady told me that if I notice something with the baby that I should try removing dairy from my diet.
    Happy Friday everyone :) I have been totally neglecting you all even though I have still been managing to log my food. My daughter brought home something really nasty from daycare about 2 weeks ago and we are just now getting over it! Hayley is still very stuffy but I haven't taken her to the doctor, I have just been taking lots of steamy showers with her.

I am proud to say that Hayley is one month old & I've really gotten into the swing of eating better & getting my butt into gear to lose this weight the last week or so. The first time I went on a jog Hayley was only about 2.5 weeks, and my body let me know how stupid that was! I was in some serious pain & there was some serious bleeding after that. I've been scared to try again since that but I started out easy aout a week ago. Yesterday I worked out for almost an hour & ran a whole mile! Might not sound like a lot but it gave me some serious motivation. I know most of us so far have not really been doing much because we have been in recovery but I'm sooooooo ready to get to losing weight! I'm thinking we should start with a weekly weigh in for now on Monday & then add exercise later when more of us our cleared to really exercise.. any thoughts?

I am all up for a challenge, I weigh in on Saturday but we can all post our #s on Monday. I have 2 more weeks and its back to work so since I am a morning weight in person it just works best. 3am is going to suck for a while! I agree with exercise, I started my Leslie Sansone yesterday because I needed something more than walking but don’t want to push it. I am getting Zumba for WII for my birthday next month, I am so looking forward to that! Hailey’s photo is adorable!
    Oh my gosh Jamie. Absolutely adorable. Hope you are all feeling better.

I finally got into the doctor yesterday and have a bad sinus infection. I am on 10 days (3 pills a day) of antibiotic. Certainly no fun but glad I got myself in finally.

We haven't had the nice weather here yet :( Rainy and cold but we are to hit 72 tomorrow! Yay!

Glad you got some medication to make you all better, it can be so hard to take good care of yourself when you have multiple little ones. Hope that sinus infection goes away quickly. Are you using the netti pot as well? Those always help with some of the discomfort.

You are doing awesome! I am waiting for someone to ask me when I am due because I still have the belly. I have dropped 17 lbs but have 13 lbs to go before getting to my pre-pregnancy weight. The weight definitely shifts around!

You will get there! Slow and steady wins the race. Now I need to get my butt in gear :laugh:

It definitely shifts! I know I didn’t get fat overnight it was a long progression starting with when I had my first miscarriage and got worse over time. I know that quick fixes are bad, I learned that after I had my first and lost 130 lbs in 9 months in a very unhealthy way. I gained atleast 30-40 of those lbs back within the year and another 20 since then.

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES, LET GET FIT!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Jamie - that picture is adorable! And I've been meaning to tell you that your older daughter's name Brielle was one of my favorite names! :smile:

So we had our 2 week check up and our little girl has already gained a pound and a half! She was born at 8 lbs 5 oz, then weighed in at 7 lb 14 oz in the hospital when we went home. At our first appointment she was back at 8 lb 5 oz, and then yesterday she weighed a whopping 9 lbs 13 oz. :laugh: She's in the 90th percentile for her weight and 95th for her length. She's going to be like her daddy - tall, alllll legs! The doctor said I shouldn't be worried about the occasional spit ups because of how well she's gaining weight being strictly breastfed. She said the same things you all did, gave suggestions to burp her more often (during feeding, between breasts, and afterward), and also incline her bassinet mattress to 30 degrees to help her some. I've also inclined her while feeding which has seemed to help too. She isn't a great burper so I have to sit her up, lay her down, sit her up again, etc to get that air out. Since I've started doing this she has been better :smile:

I use my boppy most of the time for nursing, but I'm still trying to find that right position, etc that works for me. My back has been hurting pretty badly from sitting up nursing so much (I guess from slouching?) but I feel like the boppy doesn't hold her up enough, then when I put a pillow underneath it's like too much. Apparently I don't have nearly enough arm muscles because I definitely can't sit and hold her up without a pillow. Need to start working those out! Had to use my nursing cover for the first time the other day while we were out going ot the doctor. Although I was sitting in the truck, lol, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be flashing people until I get use to it :laugh:

I've started getting the itch back to exercise, but my DH is going back to work on Monday and I know I won't have time to do anything. I've only been left alone with her a few times so far and all 3 times I've found myself stuck with her asleep on me not wanting her to wake up, or something like that haha. I know it will take some getting use to! Although I only have to be alone two days bc my mom is coming back Wed-Fri :smile:

I heard the same thing about dairy, Sheri. The nurse at the hospital told me to make sure I'm drinking lots of milk, but milk makes me gassy, so I've been skeptical to drink a ton since it may do the same to her. I've been taking calcium supplements instead.

Have any of you ever used those postpartum belt things that are suppose to squeeze you back together?? LOL Probably too good to be true, right? And some good old fashioned exercise is probably more beneficial.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Sheri, I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Zumba!!!!!! Can't wait to start that back!!! We have a PlayStation3, so I really want it for that. It's so much fun! I think it helps that I laugh at myself hysterically the entire time doing the moves...pretty much knowing I look like an idiot!:laugh: DH did it with me one time and I'm pretty sure I burned double the calories laughing at him the whole time:bigsmile:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Oh, and Sheri, I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Zumba!!!!!! Can't wait to start that back!!! We have a PlayStation3, so I really want it for that. It's so much fun! I think it helps that I laugh at myself hysterically the entire time doing the moves...pretty much knowing I look like an idiot!:laugh: DH did it with me one time and I'm pretty sure I burned double the calories laughing at him the whole time:bigsmile:

My hubby cant dance so that would be a great work out :laugh: I do not have one of those postpartum belts however I have been using a back support belt to support my stomach. It seems like it is shrinking my tummy but I am using it because either my hernia has been really bad or my stomach muscles are super angry. It seems to be helping. 8 more weeks before I can have surgery if need be but I really dont want to. On the plus side I will be happy when we figure it all out so I can close the baby factory for good!
  • SMTSBOOTS
    SMTSBOOTS Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this and can use all the motivation I can get. I have a 3 y/o and a 2 mo old, I work full time and can not find the time to exercise. I use the 10 minute work outs off cable but that just doesnt feel like its enough. Any suggestions from anyone? My husband works weird hours and isnt much of a motivator. I would like to loose at least 30 lbs but without exercise I dont see that happening. Anyone in the same boat?? I'd like to hear from anyone. THANKS!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this and can use all the motivation I can get. I have a 3 y/o and a 2 mo old, I work full time and can not find the time to exercise. I use the 10 minute work outs off cable but that just doesnt feel like its enough. Any suggestions from anyone? My husband works weird hours and isnt much of a motivator. I would like to loose at least 30 lbs but without exercise I dont see that happening. Anyone in the same boat?? I'd like to hear from anyone. THANKS!

Your food log is your friend, by keeping track of your calories you should be able to lose weight. If you are looking for a quick yet effecient workout I suggest Jillian Michaels 30 day shred it is only about 25 minutes and super effective.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Wow, it is May already, my little princess is one month old today! May thread is up

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230117-postnatal-may-2011
  • SMTSBOOTS
    SMTSBOOTS Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I have tried Jillian in the past and wow does she kick your butt, but at least she makes you feel like your doing something. :flowerforyou:
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    hey im due soon im sneaking in here to ask a question castor oill... anyone use it with sucess?
  • bethluvsmic
    Options
    are you doing zumba playstation3 move i am looking to get a workout partner on the online zumba for playstation3 let me know:wink:
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey all just coming back from my break I take every year ! I diet after the New Year till grass season starts ! I figure that mowing 20 some yards a week I really do not have to keep track of what I eat ! I have not seen if I have gain that much yet , but by the end of the week I will step in the scale ! Hope all of you gals are doing good w/ those babies ! My baby weaned herself in the early summer !