The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I have been on the road and eating hotel food and resturants but think I have done pretty well. I am on day 13 and only have one pound left to lose. I am pretty sure it is gone but I am going the entire 17 days to make sure. Man I feel great! Have you guys found that you have more energry? The four days were real slow but now wow!!!!

I have a lot of energy! I agree!
  • Dee78
    Dee78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Started my period today and it surprised me because a: I'm usually craving salty/sugary snacks for a week prior and b: no pre-cramps.

Weight loss aside, I really love This "side effect" lol
  • javamom
    Options
    I've been examining the sample menus in the book and it is confusing. Some days they have 3 proteins a day plus 2 probiotics, other days it is only 2 proteins plus probiotics. One day even only had one probiotic. Am I messing up if I eat 3 proteins and 2 probiotics every day (in addition to the fruit and veggies)?
  • javamom
    Options
    Has someone actually bought the book at Walmart in stores? Online it says that the book isn't sold in the store...hmmm

I picked mine up at Barnes and Noble.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Have fun gaining the weight back. It just another fad diet that no one can stick too. Lucky dr though he is making tons of money on us over weight women....

The name of the "diet" is very gimmicky. I HATE anything gimmicky. However, when I started researching it more and then now reading the book, it's so basic and common sense. I don't see how eating good, wholesome foods is a bad thing?

But anyway, I am not and never have been satisfied by frozen healthy choice meals or anything of that nature, so I could never lose weight like that. I need REAL food so I believe that's why this will work for me.

Good luck to you on whatever your weight loss path may be! :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I've been examining the sample menus in the book and it is confusing. Some days they have 3 proteins a day plus 2 probiotics, other days it is only 2 proteins plus probiotics. One day even only had one probiotic. Am I messing up if I eat 3 proteins and 2 probiotics every day (in addition to the fruit and veggies)?

I think you would be fine...but someone else with more experience could probably answer the question better.
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Sounds good where can i purchase one ???:laugh:
  • javamom
    Options
    Barnes and Noble.
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think I need to star again I lost 5 lb in 7 days..but whent back to my old habbits. I am relly hoping to stick to it.
  • ShottleZia
    Options

I think you would be fine...but someone else with more experience could probably answer the question better.

I thought the meals were confusing too, glad I wasn't the only one! :) From scanning the different websites and reading his book (ignoring the menu-thats what I'm doing), for C1, it sounds like eat proteins every meal if you can. And 2 probiotics. Besides, you need the protein to keep the calories up to a normal level. And the probiotics, are tasty! That or I'm eating the wrong ones... hmm, oh well, as long as the scale keeps going down. When it stops then I'll re-evaluate.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just skipped to the end, so I don't know if anyone has brought it up yet, but there is a Facebook page for the 17 Day Diet. The lady who runs it has a blog that has the details for Cycle 1 if anyone wants to try it out without buying the book. There are also tons of recipes on the page for all cycles.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/17-DAY-DIET/154431391270315
    http://tksinclair.com/?page_id=119

Thanks for that - there is a lot of support and suggestions on the fb site! :-)
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    My co-worker brought this up the other day, said she was thinking about it....I'm glad you all are posting your experiences, I plan to share them with her, too. If the diet absolutely requires Green Tea...I'm out- are there any substitutions for it/
    Thanks!

If you absolutely cannot stand green tea there are green tea supplements out there you could try.
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    I am on the 17 day diet and I love it. I have lost 9 pounds so far and I am on day 8. Im not going to lie it was hard the first few days but I really like this diet.
  • tambink
    Options
    My friend brought hers at Walmart . You can get it in allthe book stores.
  • tambink
    Options
    Yes it really helps alot
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday while reading the book and so far so good hoping for at least 3 pounds this week, keep up the ggod work ladies
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 of the 17-Day diet Accelerate phase. I'm tagging along in this forum to compare results with the rest of you.

My first week was great -- not hungry, good weight loss -- enough to keep me motivated.

My second week was challenged by spring break and travel to Florida with my kids. Still, I did not cheat. I managed to fit in all of what I needed and eat little that I shouldn't.

For those of you with the migraines: Drink more water. You may be experiencing a detox symptom. Plus, you may be suffering some caffeine withdrawal if you are accustomed to having coffee or caffeinated soda several times per day. Migraines are a classic symptom of chemical withdrawal. It could even be related to formerly-favorite foods that are no longer allowed.

Good luck to everyone following the methodology of the 17-Day Diet. I personally am not using the recipes in the book, but have created my own plan from the criteria he provides (I have little time to cook for myself, and I typically do not like other people's recipes).

So nice of Dr. Mike to teach us a better way,
  • tambink
    Options
    You need to try it I think you would love it.
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Have fun gaining the weight back. It just another fad diet that no one can stick too. Lucky dr though he is making tons of money on us over weight women....

Have you tried this diet? Or read about it? Its really not that much of "fad" Yes, it sets a structure for us, but its mostly common sense. Why do we become overweight? We eat the wrong foods, too much food, and sometimes too late at night. This "diet" puts some guidelines out there to stop that. With the underlying theme that this all becomes second nature & we start eating better. So far it seems VERY easy to continue on for a long time.

First that wasn't a very nice thing to say. Second I agree with the second message here. This isn't a fad diet. We aren't eating only one food, or doing anything extreme. This is a jumpstart to eating healthy. I believe all of us are logging are food here at MFP. The goal of this diet is to guide you through the process of eating healthy. So I don't see it as a fad diet at all.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    May I ask which fruits your eating every day? just wondering which were best?