The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• ShottleZia
    Options
    just opened my diary up, feel free to let me know what you think! Thanks!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of cycle 2, and I have stopped loosing, I'm not really gaining either, I'm just teetering at the same weight, did I plateau? I am wondering if anyone that has been, or is on cycle 2 could give me some advice. I am going to stick it out till the end of this cycle, and if i don't go back to loosing weight, I think I'll start at cycle 1 again!!

I am so close, only 8 lbs to go!!!!!!!

Hi ya.
    Good job on your weight loss!
    Same thing happened to me. So I played with the carb days...did less of them...changed it to every 2 days instead of every other day. That worked better for me. And drink tons of water on carb days..
    You can rearrange it to make it work for you.
    I wouldn't go back to Cycle 1 just yet. Dr. Mike says: Keep moving forward!
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    I am on day 8 of cycle 2, and I have stopped loosing, I'm not really gaining either, I'm just teetering at the same weight, did I plateau? I am wondering if anyone that has been, or is on cycle 2 could give me some advice. I am going to stick it out till the end of this cycle, and if i don't go back to loosing weight, I think I'll start at cycle 1 again!!

Hi ya.
    Same thing happened to me. So I played with the carb days...did less of them...changed it to every 2 days instead of every other day. That worked better for me. And drink tons of water on carb days..
    Good luck!

after you changed it to every 2 days, did you start loosing again? Thanks for your advice :)
  • bluespring
    Options

Hi ya.
    Good luck!

after you changed it to every 2 days, did you start loosing again? Thanks for your advice :)

I did. Slowly...but it was better than going up!
    My losses are slow and steady....which is fine with me.
    But...I also amped up my daily jogs.....and added weight training...kettlebells...
    So...it's a combination of all of it...
    Are you exercising too? That helps a lot.
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options

Hi ya.
    Good luck!

I did. Slowly...but it was better than going up!
    My losses are slow and steady....which is fine with me.
    But...I also amped up my daily jogs.....and added weight training...kettlebells...
    So...it's a combination of all of it...
    Are you exercising too? That helps a lot.

yes, I am a big exerciser, in the morning I do 30-40 minutes of cardio at the gym, then do 30 day shred in the evening (because i heard its good to do work out morning and evening... not sure if thats true!)
    I think I might start doing my carb days every 2 days as well.
    Slow and steady sounds great to me! Great job!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I fell off the wagon again today. Gotta get back with it. I was doing sooooo well before Easter.
  • bluespring
    Options
    I fell off the wagon again today. Gotta get back with it. I was doing sooooo well before Easter.

Girl..you're doing awesome!
    We all veer a little off track some times...Life has a habit of getting in the way.
    You'll be fine! Just climb back on!
  • doriandenise
    Options
    bump
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    I am back.. in ILL, and will talk to you later...
    Natalie
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    I joined MFP about 3 weeks ago and the first two weeks i lost 3 lbs. each week. I started the the 17 DD 9 days ago and this week I didn't lose anything. I think maybe I am not getting enough calories because I am a very active person. B4 17DD I was eating 1300-1500 cals. and now on the diet I find it very hard to reach 1200. I am thinking about skipping ahead to the second cycle because I do not want my body going into starvation mode.

How many calories are you all getting on an average day in Cycle 1? I and not hungry and do not want to eat just to get calories.

I am 28, 5'3", 174lbs. and trying to lose about 30/40 lbs.
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started 2 days ago and so far so good. Do you think I could have avocado on C1?
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I joined MFP about 3 weeks ago and the first two weeks i lost 3 lbs. each week. I started the the 17 DD 9 days ago and this week I didn't lose anything. I think maybe I am not getting enough calories because I am a very active person. B4 17DD I was eating 1300-1500 cals. and now on the diet I find it very hard to reach 1200. I am thinking about skipping ahead to the second cycle because I do not want my body going into starvation mode.

How many calories are you all getting on an average day in Cycle 1? I and not hungry and do not want to eat just to get calories.

I am 28, 5'3", 174lbs. and trying to lose about 30/40 lbs.

I took a look at your food diary. While your choices are very good, it looks like you are eating the same things every other day. Try adding some variety to your menu.
    I average between 900-1000 calories a day when following cycle 1. Although I agree with not going below 1200 calories, I really don't think our bodies will go into starvation mode in 17 days. Just remember on the next cycle we get to change it up and add different foods and that will ramp up the calories consumed.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I started 2 days ago and so far so good. Do you think I could have avocado on C1?

Avocado is not allowed on cycle 1.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    I HIT DAY 17 TODAY! Cycle 2 and I lost a total of 9 pounds! Wow! I am 1.8 pounds from my goal so I am gonna go to Cycle 3 tomorrow with tons of exercise. The weight is not the best part the inches are! My pregnancy pooch is almost some and I see a waist. I am happy that I found this diet. I have much more energy. Man the people doing Cycle 1 have to be losing much more than this. There is no FAD to this it can be a way of life and yes I had major cheat moments.

Hang in there people this really works! I learned to love the Green Tea in MINT - go figure. That paired with grapefruit were major metabolism boosts before 2 pm! Wendy's Pecan Chicken Apple Salad was my fast food treat. I ate salads with every meal except breakfast. Natures Own Double Fiber Bread is the best. I ate breakfast within 15 minutes of waking up. Exercise wise I did 17 minutes of something even if it was just dancing or playing with my kiddo.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I HIT DAY 17 TODAY! Cycle 2 and I lost a total of 9 pounds! Wow! I am 1.8 pounds from my goal so I am gonna go to Cycle 3 tomorrow with tons of exercise. The weight is not the best part the inches are! My pregnancy pooch is almost some and I see a waist. I am happy that I found this diet. I have much more energy. Man the people doing Cycle 1 have to be losing much more than this. There is no FAD to this it can be a way of life and yes I had major cheat moments.

Hang in there people this really works! I learned to love the Green Tea in MINT - go figure. That paired with grapefruit were major metabolism boosts before 2 pm! Wendy's Pecan Chicken Apple Salad was my fast food treat. I ate salads with every meal except breakfast. Natures Own Double Fiber Bread is the best. I ate breakfast within 15 minutes of waking up. Exercise wise I did 17 minutes of something even if it was just dancing or playing with my kiddo.

That's great! Congrats and good luck with cycle 3. Let us know how it's going.
  • bellisima6
    Options

Avocado is not allowed on cycle 1.

Thanks
  • bellisima6
    Options

Congrats, great job
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 in Cycle 1. It seems so second nature now. I'm really having no issues. I think Cycle 2 will be easy because I'll get to have more food. My diary here is constantly telling me I'm under my calories, but hopefully that will go up in Cycle 2.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day one for me, went well, had chicken and salmon with greek yogurt. DId anyone get tired of salads. I guess i will need to get the book for more info on cycle 2.

Congratulations trejon on reaching cycle 2! Let us know how that goes.