The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    I have been on the road and eating hotel food and resturants but think I have done pretty well. I am on day 13 and only have one pound left to lose. I am pretty sure it is gone but I am going the entire 17 days to make sure. Man I feel great! Have you guys found that you have more energry? The four days were real slow but now wow!!!!
  • mariyve
    mariyve Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got the book. I am starting the diet on Monday, so I'm trying not to overcompensate by eating too much this weekend. The probiotic part will be a challenge because I am not crazy about yogurt.
  • Dee78
    Dee78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Glad to see everyone moving forward :) I am on C2D3 and am pleased to see I am still down! I have read those on cycle 2 end up stalling or even GAIN! So I admit I was/am nervous.. So far so good.

One of the happy side effects with this diet, no PMS cravings (my period is due in 2 days and usually for the week prior I am a sugary/salty snacking queen!! So far, nothing-nadda-zip-zilch!! and I couldn't be happier!!!!
  • Dee78
    Dee78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I just got the book. I am starting the diet on Monday, so I'm trying not to overcompensate by eating too much this weekend. The probiotic part will be a challenge because I am not crazy about yogurt.

make keifer smoothies or eat sauerkraut ;)
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Kefir smoothies are great for breakfast. I didn't think I would like it, but it's really good.
  • pammi65
    pammi65 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have been on the road and eating hotel food and resturants but think I have done pretty well. I am on day 13 and only have one pound left to lose. I am pretty sure it is gone but I am going the entire 17 days to make sure. Man I feel great! Have you guys found that you have more energry? The four days were real slow but now wow!!!!

You are so inspiring to me! I don't have much left to lose and every time I read your posts I get more excited!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    *double post*
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    WHOOOOOOOOHOOO! C1D9, down another pound! Just posting because I like to see my ticker :)
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    C1 D9 ALSO, didn't weigh, bur clothes are getting loser, that is a good thing eh?
    HAPPY EASTER
    Natalie
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I did awesome up until dinner. My husband REALLY wanted Donatos Pizza...my plans for grilled turkey burgers and broccoli didnt sound good to him at all. Since we havent had much time together lately, I went with him for pizza and had more than I probably should have. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. I wont weigh in tomorrow because I am sure my water weight will be up from the sodium. I love how I am feeling though with all this clean, healthy food!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did awesome up until dinner. My husband REALLY wanted Donatos Pizza...my plans for grilled turkey burgers and broccoli didnt sound good to him at all. Since we havent had much time together lately, I went with him for pizza and had more than I probably should have. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. I wont weigh in tomorrow because I am sure my water weight will be up from the sodium. I love how I am feeling though with all this clean, healthy food!

That's the spirit. Don't worry about it. You'll be fine.
    Start drinking more water now. It will flush out the sodium...sounds weird..but it does help.
    Glad you're feeling great!
    :bigsmile:
  • KarieRod
    KarieRod Posts: 15
    Options
    I got my book from Target.
  • dixierose63A
    dixierose63A Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm going to target today to get the book ....thanks
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    Well, tomorrow is the day. Any last words of advice? I was pretty excited about it a few days ago, but now I'm feeling a bit anxious. I think the first few days is gonna be a real struggle, well mostly days 3-4 have me worried. I can manage a day or two without bread and cereal but 17 is looking like mount everest right now =)
  • sloopygirls
    sloopygirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the diet on Audible.com but I cannot find or access the PDF that comes with the book. Is anyone able/willing to email this to me?
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I am down 3 pounds the first two days! Unreal. Love, love, love the greek yogurt. Really have to shop carefully though - the yogurt should not have more than 12 g of sugar per cup. Didn't realize that at first and was inlove with Chobani strawberry (20 g). Oops. I guess I will be adding Truvia and fruit to the plain stuff. :D

Proud of myself - I cancelled Easter brunch reservations and cooked a brunch at home for the family. I ate lots of fresh fruit, eggs, coffee, and yogurt. I figure I will go back to work 5 pounds lighter tomorrow while co-workers will go back a couple pounds heavier from Easter candy/Easter brunches. Not me!

*Note: I had a monster headache and nausea Day 1 and almost quit. Totally gone Day 2 and 3!
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    I am down 3 pounds the first two days! Unreal. Love, love, love the greek yogurt. Really have to shop carefully though - the yogurt should not have more than 12 g of sugar per cup. Didn't realize that at first and was inlove with Chobani strawberry (20 g). Oops. I guess I will be adding Truvia and fruit to the plain stuff. :D

Proud of myself - I cancelled Easter brunch reservations and cooked a brunch at home for the family. I ate lots of fresh fruit, eggs, coffee, and yogurt. I figure I will go back to work 5 pounds lighter tomorrow while co-workers will go back a couple pounds heavier from Easter candy/Easter brunches. Not me!

*Note: I had a monster headache and nausea Day 1 and almost quit. Totally gone Day 2 and 3!

I was a little confused about the yogurt. Thanks for the info!! I just went and checked and I only blew it halfway lol. I only bought a few days worth until I decide which ones I like the best.

Congrats on the great start!!!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Awesome start!
    Good job!
    Glad you hung in there...and got past the first few days..
    I just buy the Chobani plain, ugly, non-fat, low sugar one. Ewwww. Then add a tbsp of sugar free jam..with fiber. Polaner's is the best...only 10 cals per tbsp.
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    I am on day 10 of the diet...looking good, think I dropped some more but will weigh in on thursday of this week.
    I like what I am doing, went out for breakfast, ordered an omelette with ham, cheese, green pepper, onion, and tomato, ate HALF, asked for sliced tomatos intead of the potatos, and a pancake instead of the bread.. took HOME the pancake and 1/2 of the omelette for hubby, and I came home and had my fruit. Good to go, lunch will be chicken and salad..., dinner, not sure yet.. will decide soon...
    Have a great day, did my 30 minute bike ride...outside
    natalie