Options

Replies

• rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On day 4 and 7 lbs. lost! Love this! Feeling better every day
  • gimmebackmybod
    Options
    OMGOSH I just made the most fabulous thing for breakfast!!! I took a serving of frozen strawberries out of the freezer and crushed them up in my ninja, then added one truvia and a small container of Activia light vanilla yogurt. Tastes like sherbert, I'm not sure it even needed the Truvia!!! JACKPOT!

Thanks for the great idea, i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to choke down fruit when i start and this might actually work ;)
  • TabbyLeAnn
    TabbyLeAnn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if it's been answered but, what exactly does this diet entail?
  • forgiven4life
    Options

If you'll go back through the thread, we talk about what it entails. :happy:
  • TabbyLeAnn
    TabbyLeAnn Posts: 42 Member
    Options

If you'll go back through the thread, we talk about what it entails. :happy:

Yeah, I'm slowly doing so. Busy chasing my son around this morning and dealing with a crabby 4 month old
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Day 7 of the 17 day diet....
    Weighed myself, I LOST 3 LBS>>>>>>>
    that is in 10 days, but at least I am going in the right direction....

I am not the big loser, actually I think one pound of that was before I started the 17 day diet.
    BUT, at least its come off.... 2 lbs in 7 days for me I guess is good...
    A bit disappointed, and I am doing all the things I am suppose to.

I am off to see the Palo Verde Nuclear plant on a tour, so I am not going to drink my water or tea until later..
    No place for potty in an emergency, so will have to put diet on hold for 1/2 a day.

Natalie
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Found this forum with 17 day diet recipes. Thought you all might like to look at it. If you see a good recipe, post it on here! Also, be careful that the ingredients are within the diet's plan. Since people post these recipes, you never know.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OMGOSH I just made the most fabulous thing for breakfast!!! I took a serving of frozen strawberries out of the freezer and crushed them up in my ninja, then added one truvia and a small container of Activia light vanilla yogurt. Tastes like sherbert, I'm not sure it even needed the Truvia!!! JACKPOT!

I think you just showed me how I can incorporate yogurt - I hate it but if its mixed up in something that might be different!
  • iheartshae
    Options
    Down another 1.8 for a total of 5.6 and its Day 4!!!
  • bail01
    bail01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started on monday and so far I'm down 4 lbs :)
    The past 3 days I've been hungry constantly and have had a bad headache and have felt drained.
    Today I finally feel almost back to myself. No Headache, not as hungry and not too tired... hopefully it sticks.

I had a few mini eggs at work today and it instantly gave me a headache. I hope thats a good enough deterrent to stay away from the easter candy this weekend!

What's everyone's plan for staying on track this weekend? I don' care if i don't lose anything, my goal is to not gain this weekend!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have yet to figure that out...my husbands mom and stepdad always make an easter ham...which is a no-no meat for the first 17 days. I think I might be ok though if I don't eat too much of it and stick to the ok veggies.

I am also starving though. I just had a huge salad and was getting stuffed.....here it is half hour later and I am hungry again. GRRR. Hopefully this hunger goes away!
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    Only Cycle 1, Day 1 for me....but so far, so good! :)

The only thing was the green tea....omg, disgusting! I had to plug my nose to get it down, but it didn't really help. lol. But I want to do this right so I can get full results...if that means choking down 2 cups of green tea a day, then I will do it.
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    Only Cycle 1, Day 1 for me....but so far, so good! :)

The only thing was the green tea....omg, disgusting! I had to plug my nose to get it down, but it didn't really help. lol. But I want to do this right so I can get full results...if that means choking down 2 cups of green tea a day, then I will do it.

I didn't like the green tea either, or regular tea, but I do like Chai tea... have you had chair before? Yogi makes a brand of tea thats Chai Green tea and that's what i drink instead. Yogi has a couple other flavors like blueberry green tea, you should check it out!
  • GeenaLu
    GeenaLu Posts: 10
    Options
    Try green teas with other flavorings. I bought a green tea with blueberry & pomegranate, and its great. Plain green tea can be a bit hard to swallow. Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • ShottleZia
    Options
    I don't mind the plain green tea at all, guess I'm weird! But I really like the Lipton diet mixed berry green tea. It just costs more than brewing your own.
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    I've been logging my food here on MFP and noticed I'm way under in calories. I keep getting that warning that my calorie intake is too low and that I may go into starvation mode. Today I'm still under 1000 calories.

I'm eating everything on the menu.

What should I do?

I haven't hit 1200 calories either since I started the diet and I just think since I haven't been hungry, it would be silly to just eat to get my calories up. What I'm going to do is not worry about it for this first 17 days. In the next cycle we can start adding different foods and I don't think we will have a problem getting the calories in then.

I am in the same boat. I have been getting close to 1000 or a little over by eating more protein. Also by having my protein shakes that has helped as well. The first day I didn't have my shake because i prefer to mix it with milk and the plan doesn't list milk for the first 17 days. By day two I was feeling really tired and sluggish until I had my shake, then in about an hour I was feeling much better. Also, don't forget about those friendly fats...1 tbl. of EVOO has 120 cals. so that helps with the numbers.
    I have also been doing Chalean Extreme and the liberal amounts of protein is really good for this workout.

Started 17 DD 4-18
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    Took the plunge and downloaded the book to my kindle. I'm hoping to start on Monday, which means I need to do some shopping! It seems pretty logical that the calories are so low on the first cycle, looking at how many carbs I eat compared to protein and veggies.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Okay, question. The book talk about fiber on pg 59 (last page of Accelerate Cycle). I have been logging what I eat since I started this diet and I'm hardly getting in ANY fiber. And I'm eating plenty of veggies, but the veggies I'm eating are extremely low in fiber. Anyone notice this too? I think it is playing a role in my lack of bathroom activity. I ate some prunes the other day for my 2nd fruit to help with this.
  • iheartshae
    Options
    Okay, question. The book talk about fiber on pg 59 (last page of Accelerate Cycle). I have been logging what I eat since I started this diet and I'm hardly getting in ANY fiber. And I'm eating plenty of veggies, but the veggies I'm eating are extremely low in fiber. Anyone notice this too? I think it is playing a role in my lack of bathroom activity. I ate some prunes the other day for my 2nd fruit to help with this.

With the exception of the first day and today (bad day today), I've hit my fiber dead on.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I am interested in doing this diet. I think I could do it fairly easily...however, I would love to be able to see someone's typical few days of eating. If someone could post a few days of their diary or if you have a "grocery list" you could share, that would be great!