Starting "30 day shred" 4/18/11.. anyone want to join???

Options

Replies

• kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im glad im not the only one! (feeling shaky)

I feel really weak also...do you? I up'd my cal's for breakfast this morn and i feel slightly better still a bit shaky but not as weak..
  • amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ran two miles before doing day 3 of the 30 day shred. I am pushed through the first 10-15 minutes. By Circuit 2 I am having a mental battle to keep going. woohoooo.

exercise.png
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hey 30DS Budddies.. Hope everyone is doing great.. I know most of you have to be sore cause I know I am and it's only day 2.. Woooo My quads and hamstring is killing me, but we must push forward only 28 days to go:smile:

Let's kick booty tomorrow Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

~Rachel~
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My quads and hammies are feeling it, but are mostly ok. My pectorals and biceps on the other hand...man. Those arm raises with the weights and especially the push-ups are brutal (I can only do the girl kind :blushing: )
  • kbrodzen
    kbrodzen Posts: 66
    Options
    I do feel weak after.. but as the day goes on it gets better... I am not as sore as I think some people are.. but i have a really had time with the weight exercises standing up more than anything.. I always seem to struggle the most there...

On a happier note... not only did I do 30ds... and kicked butt today .. but I also did 45 min of Zumba!! I feel great!
  • amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of the 30 day shred. I got ahead of myself yesterday. I am on DAY 3....27 days remaining.:wink:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Once you do the 30DS for a week I believe, (I had the same problem being sore) maybe 2 at the most, but after that you aren't so sore from it. I'm currently on Level 2 and its harder than Level 1.

Are you all starting with Level 1? How's everyone doing on this other than being sore?? Are you enjoying it or find it to be too much?
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Day 4 ripped in 30 done!....Pulled a muscle across my chest yesterday and it was sooo painful. Thought i would have had to rest today but after a good night sleep i was all good!

Are u guys going to have a rest day once a week?
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options
    Okay day 3 down.. My muscles are still screaming but atleast not as bad as they were yesturday (thank goodness) Hope you all whipped up on Jillian today, Don't ya just love it when she says just a few more and it's like 15 more.. lol :smile: I just want to scream at her..:explode:
    Well Good luck to you all tomorrow, may you all have a great and fat burning day Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"Go get shredded" Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    ~Rachel~
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Okay girls I'm a little scared to do the video today- my body is retaliating big time. I'll just have to work my way through. I hope another couple of days and it won't be so bad. Best of luck to all!:smile:
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    Day 4 down - 26 to go. What size weights are you all using? I know that she says to use either 5 or 8 lb., but on some of the moves even the 5 lb. are too heavy right now. I mix it up between 3 and 5 lbs. I'm sure I'll be able to ramp up the weight once I've been doing it for a while, but I just don't seem to have much upper body strength.
  • eg872904
    eg872904 Posts: 11
    Options
    so, I had to take a break Tuesday and Wednesday (my father in law was staying at our house and took over my work out area), but I just did my day two, and I can say that I don't feel nearly as sore or shaky as I was on day one. Interesting... :)
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    my weights are 3.5lb but thats all i have...so i guess i should syaty looking for more soon. I actually didnt hear the part where she said what sizes to use...I would have died starting off between 5-8 lol
  • 74Nic84
    74Nic84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If its not to late I would like to Join in on all the fun. I ve tried to do the 30DS but at level 2 I lost motivation. With the help and support of others I think I can try to complete this goal. I have 8 lb weights and I will start tonight on Level 1
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    my weights are 3.5lb but thats all i have...so i guess i should syaty looking for more soon. I actually didnt hear the part where she said what sizes to use...I would have died starting off between 5-8 lol

If I remember right, one her dvd set, it comes with weights, mat, and the dvd (I've seen at walmart once) it came with 3 lb weights inside, so you're good. I use 3 lb weights...I tired my 5 and about died!!
  • kaylah_x
    Options

If I remember right, one her dvd set, it comes with weights, mat, and the dvd (I've seen at walmart once) it came with 3 lb weights inside, so you're good. I use 3 lb weights...I tired my 5 and about died!!

Oh yep cool...Yeah i think when i first started it i was always wondering if she would say what size to use. Might get some heavier ones one day and hopefully in a couple weeks we may be needing them
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options
    welcome new Shred Buddies:smile: (better late than never)

I have to say that today I felt pretty darn good working out, not nearly as sore as I have been.. (thank goodness) I hope you all are having a wonderful day and may you have a even more wonderful day tomorrow...Well Good luck to you all tomorrow, may you all have a great and fat burning day Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"Go get shredded" Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    ~Rachel~

p.s. I use 5lb weights w/shred:wink:
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I started Monday would love to stay connected with you ladies:)):smile:
  • mallobeeee
    Options
    Where can i get the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I'd love to try it! Is there a nutritional plan with it?
  • vcp214
    vcp214 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did Day 5 today (I got excited and started Sunday), much easier! Day 4 I wasn't as sore and today was even better. I'm doing level 3 with 5lb weights, but I'm definitely having to do Anita's modified moves for some things!