Starting "30 day shred" 4/18/11.. anyone want to join???

Options

Replies

• kbrodzen
    kbrodzen Posts: 66
    Options
    Where can i get the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I'd love to try it! Is there a nutritional plan with it?

You can get it anywhere... walmart I think has it for like 9 or 10 bucks!!
  • kbrodzen
    Options
    I missed out on yesterday but I completed it today ...... I used 5 pound weights... and it does hurt.. but my arm muscles feel great after... but I do about die when its almost over :sad: :bigsmile:
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'd love to join you on your 30 day challenge.

I finished day 2 today and I am sore. Couldn't really do that much housework today because I was so sore (well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!:)
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ppl!

I agree day 5 today was much better!

And u guys starting off with 5lb weights GREAT JOB!
  • kbrodzen
    Options
    Completed the work out today ... my back is KILLING ME!!! :sad:

I hope all you guys and girls are doing okay !!! And great job!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!! :drinker:
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    YaY!!! Day 5 down! feeling GREAT:) I bumbed up to level 2 on Wednesday with no problem. I'm sore, but it's a good sore:)
  • kbrodzen
    Options
    YaY!!! Day 5 down! feeling GREAT:) I bumbed up to level 2 on Wednesday with no problem. I'm sore, but it's a good sore:)

I looked at some of it today ... is it a big difference from level 1... i want to try it.. but im scared I will never be able to get back up off the floor.. lol
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lol! No it really wasn't to much harder. Just changed things up a bit. Was hard maybe the 1st day, but today was great! I burned 245 per my HRM and I burned 195 on Wednesday.
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Day 7 done!! Man i thought today was harder than the last few...Especially doing the jumping jacks and skipping rope my calves were KILLING me!
  • amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Started the 30 day shred level 1 on Monday, Apr 18th. The bottom of my feet burned at the beginning of the week, the back of my thighs screamed every single day. Good news: No issues with the ab portion or push ups. I love this DVD!

Looking forward to the next 7 days. I plan to start level 2 on Thursday, Apr 28th! :wink:

I gained one pound this week. Current weight = 168.02 on 23 Apr 2011. Focusing on the burn, not the scale. 35 consecutive days logging into MFP!:yawn:

SW: 183 lbs- Jan 2, 2011
    Lose 10 lbs in Apr, 2011 challenge SW - 172 lbs
    12 Wks Til Summer Challenge - 9 Wks to Go: 169 lbs- Apr 5, 2011
    12 Wks Til Summer Apr 9 weigh in- 168 lbs
    12 Wks Til Summer Apr 16 weigh in - 167 lbs
    Mini Goal: 165 lbs Apr 23, 2011 - NOT! I weighed 168 lb instead!

GW for lose 10 lbs in Apr 2011 challenge - 162 lbs - Apr 30, 2011
    Mini Goal: 159 lbs May 21, 2011
    12 Wks Til Summer Challenge GW: 155 lbs - June 9th
    GW 149 lbs - Aug 30, 2011

My goal is to weigh 140 something. I am focused on working out and conscious eating 7 days at a time.

Measurements for 12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 7 Wks To Go!!!
    Mar 26 Neck - 14.25 > Apr 16 - 13.5 > Apr 23 - 13.5 (no change)
    Mar 26 Waist - 35.25 > Apr 16 - 34 > Apr 23 - 34 (no change)
    Mar 26 Hips - 42.25 > Apr 16 - 41 > Apr 23 - 41 (no change)
    Mar 26 38% Body Fat > Apr 16 36 % Body Fat > Apr 23 36% Body Fat (no change)

3489117.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

exercise.png
  • amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Shred Buddies:smile:

Hope everyone is doing well with 30DS, I am really enjoying it.. This week I am down 4lbs ((Woohoo)) am looking forward to satarting level 2 on Thursday.. I was only going to do it 6 days a week but decided to go ahead and do it today... I guess Sunday's will be based upon how I feel that day:smile:

Hope you all have a wondeful week ahead with lots and lots of Shredding:wink:

"Go get Shredded"
    ~Rachel~
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Today i skipped it and went for a walk instead...I decided to weigh in today also and 7 days of doing it i have lost about 3.5kg which is around 7lb i think!...Hope it keeps up!

Have any of you done level 2 or 3 before? Is there many push ups?...Im still so unco doing them! Dont think i'll ever be able to properly lol
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I hear some of you guys and gals are getting results already.

Keep up the good work!
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am out :(
    I am registered to run a 5k this fall, and my MCL is causing me some issues so I need to rest it for two weeks and go from there. Good luck everyone! I will be back to see all you results...and hopefully still have some myself without the shred
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am out :(
    I am registered to run a 5k this fall, and my MCL is causing me some issues so I need to rest it for two weeks and go from there. Good luck everyone! I will be back to see all you results...and hopefully still have some myself without the shred

I am sorry to hear that, but yes you better rest up!!!
    good luck on the 5k in the fall:wink:
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am actually on day 3-took a couple of days off due to working late and I have to say a little sore. I only have 8lbs. and above so now I know why I was struggling w/ the weights. I will eventually get other weights but decided to get the HRM first.:ohwell: Seeing everyone else's success makes me want to work harder! Good luck everyone!
  • mallobeeee
    Options
    Can I join in? I just got the shred today and i'm going to start tonight on Level 1 ! I'll let you know how that goes!
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    I have a funny story. My husband has been doing the 30DS shred with me, minus a couple of days. Well, tonight when we were doing the bicycle crunches, he just yells out at Jillian, "F You!" Couldn't help but laugh, because i was thinking the same thing. I guess as long as we feel that way, we still have work to do. :tongue:

Eight days down, 22 to go.
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Of course! Welcome:)

Done ripped in 30 today! Am looking forward to changing levels thursday but also scared of it too lol!

Dont know if my HRM is off or im just slacking off cos the other day when i done ripped it was 350 cals and today only 170ish