Sharon's Getting Ready for Swimsuit Season challenge

Options

Replies

• KimCutsail
    Options
    Alright, today is c25k w1 d2. It was hard with a sore body, I'm just pushing through and waiting until it gets better. Its yoga tomorrow and strength training.

I am on wk 4 in C25k and it does get easier. :) Keep it up!!

Kim
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Woke up early this morning to a crabby 19 month old with a fever! BOO!

Anyway, while I was planning a treadmill run this morning, it didn't happen. But I did manage to get in a 25 minute kettlebell workout which definitely got me sweating. Love those workouts...may start to incorporate them more over this next 30 day period rather than contining my P90X and Insanity hybrid.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Turbo Fire day for me...Fire 45 today. Burned 446 calories as a result.

So I have a question for you all...very personal so don't feel compelled to respond if it makes you uncomfortable. Many of you know that I was recently laid off from my job and that I've been focused on building my coaching business to see if that's something I could actually make money doing full time. My family is encouraging me to create a website specifically for clients to pay me to coach them 1 on 1 through their health, fitness, and nutrition challenges. I am not a licensed therapist nor have I formally studied any of these subjects in school. My education comes from a) my own personal journey and the success I've had with my own results and b) research I've done and continue to do for my own knowledge.

So, my question for anyone that wants to help me out...do you think this is something I can and should pursue? Be honest please!

Thanks guys!
    Sharon
  • KimCutsail
    Options
    Sharon,

Most definitely!! To me, as long as you are doing your research as well as using your positive experience, and you love it - you should go for it!!

I believe when you do something you are passionate about and that means a lot to you, it shows!!

Best of luck! If you need a website developer, my brother has done lots of work, including work on CNN and other nationwide sites. He's also created iphone apps. :)

Thanks,
    Kim
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Sharon,

I think you most definitely should do it. Training, in my opinion, comes from personal experience. I think you would be great at it because you are very encouraging on here. Go for it.

Beth
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thank you Ladies so much for taking a moment to respond! Kim your brother's experience sounds amazing! Let me get back to you when I'm ready so you can send me his contact info!
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join this great challenge? I just found this thread today and am searching for some motivated people to help me along - swimsuit season is causing me a lot of anxiety and we are going on vacation in 7 weeks. I need to get fit now or never.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join this great challenge? I just found this thread today and am searching for some motivated people to help me along - swimsuit season is causing me a lot of anxiety and we are going on vacation in 7 weeks. I need to get fit now or never.

It's NEVER too late! Welcome!
    Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed turbo fire 30 and upper 20,burned 385 cals, hope u guys are having a great afternoon:flowerforyou:
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey all Max Cardio conditioning today burned 681 calories. My body is tired it took a lot of energy to get it done but glad I did. I'm sure my lack of motivation had something to do with TOM. Hopefully I am more motivated tomorrow for recovery day. Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Got my C25K training in as well this evening (W3D2). Another 311 calories gone.

Sharon as to your question...yes, I think you should go for it! You're very passionate about health & fitness. It's obvious in how motivating you are on here. And in the fact that you keep educating yourself in regards to health and fitness. You have to love what you do. And you may have found you're calling. :)
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Turbo Fire day for me...Fire 45 today. Burned 446 calories as a result.

So I have a question for you all...very personal so don't feel compelled to respond if it makes you uncomfortable. Many of you know that I was recently laid off from my job and that I've been focused on building my coaching business to see if that's something I could actually make money doing full time. My family is encouraging me to create a website specifically for clients to pay me to coach them 1 on 1 through their health, fitness, and nutrition challenges. I am not a licensed therapist nor have I formally studied any of these subjects in school. My education comes from a) my own personal journey and the success I've had with my own results and b) research I've done and continue to do for my own knowledge.

So, my question for anyone that wants to help me out...do you think this is something I can and should pursue? Be honest please!

Thanks guys!
    Sharon

Sharon I think this is something that you would be very good at. You may want to however consider looking into some formal classes just to have certification on your side it may justify the charging element a little more. Most community colleges offer certification courses for a pretty decent price and health science courses. Just something to think about.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Good morning! Burned 432 calories doing CLX Lean Circuit 3, 30 Mins to Fitness Circuit Burn and TF Abs 10, today.

Have a good one!!
    Anita
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone. Insanity Max Recovery today burned 471 calories. I definitely didn't anticipate all the are work in month 2 but hey if it whips me into shape I'll do as many as I can until I can't pick myself up off the floor. I hope everyone is has a good day!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit 2 today. Shoulders are screaming and all is right in my world! :laugh:

Thanks for the advice Felicia. Very wise suggestion!

Have a great day y'all.
    Sharon
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Today has been a rough morning between thunderstorms and tornado warnings, being late to work (because of 2 car accidents), and forgetting my lunch. Trying to turn my day around. I did do my Turbo Scuplt last night burning about 300 calories in 40 mins (my legs and arms were extremely sore which is always a good thing). I will be doing Ab jam and my 20 min workout tonight which will burn about 433 calories. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.
  • telcochik
    Options
    OMG that sounds rough Beth. Hope your day gets better!

Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 55EZ and Abs 10,burned 514 cals, tomorrow is fire 60 , hope u guys are having a wonderful day :flowerforyou:
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I thought I would change things up this week, I have been doing the 30day shred to see if I would see any other progress. I have to say, I seem to have a better burn on my thighs after one of her workouts as apposed to Chalean Extreme. not sure what I'm doing wrong with Chalean.

Seems the sickness is still sticking around the house, My daughter was home again today from school, picked her up yesterday early with a fever. now son is losing his voice and my nose is not feeling to great :( I am going to keep pushing through this and working out. I have to!!!

Sharon, I think that you would be great doing that. Sometimes you don't need that piece of paper to know what you're doing. You are very good at this sort of thing! Best of luck to you on your endeavor!
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Great Job Kiki,i hope you guys get better soon :)