Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options
I really want to do this but I KNOW myself.... I need to be kept motivated. Would any one like to start this with me? I will start when ever. Monday? That gives 2 days for people to join.

I think we need to take our measurements every 10 days because I hear a lot of people say they don't lose much weight but do lose inches.

my CW 159lbs. / My GW in 30 days 150Lbs

Replies

• jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am so in to start on Monday!
    I have about 17 to go until my goal!
    I agree on the measurements. I'll take them tomorrow night.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm in! I was hoping someone would start a challenge
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I actually was considering doing round 2 of 30 Day Shred (did it back in early Feb-March and had great results)... still trying to decide between 30 Day Shred again or try Ripped in 30 her newest DVD. Will let you know by Monday... by the way GREAT CHOICE... :-)
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I actually was considering doing round 2 of 30 Day Shred (did it back in early Feb-March and had great results)... still trying to decide between 30 Day Shred again or try Ripped in 30 her newest DVD. Will let you know by Monday... by the way GREAT CHOICE... GO FOR IT!:smile:
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Great! as long as there is a few people. I will also take my measurements tomorrow... maybe a picture... yikes... will think about that one. lol.
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    Sounds great! The last time I did it my results weren't great, but I think that's because I didn't change my diet. It'll be good for me since I'd like to look ok in a bikini when I head to the beach in june.
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm in ! I just started 2 days ago (but theyve been pretty much practice...making sure i have the right technique, no weights because i did not have them, being able to even LAST through the whole 20 mins! etc...)

But monday sounds great to really START the shred, with weights as well!
    (ps, i also have a gym membership and will probably be working on the elliptical, stationary bike, etc etc on top of this)

CW- 179, Goal weight by the end of 30 days- 170.
    Goal on losing inches by the end of the 30 days - atleast 2 off of my lovehandles!

edit: hmmmm..taking pics would be a good idea! i think itd be interesting to see if i made any changes...maybe ill take before pics and not show them until im done the 30 days..that way theres no unessecary embarassment if i end up not seeign a change and still posting before pics! :P
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my dvd today, hopefully I will be able to do it lol
  • evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Me me me, count me in!!!
    how do we start this?
  • Rozzie75
    Rozzie75 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm in I already have the DVD and the weights. Monday is a great day to start gives me anther day to try to recuperate from having strep throat. I think before and after pictures along with measurements and weight is a grat idea.

We should also follow her guideline of 10 days on each level. I've started her program before the 2 nd and 3 rd day is heck because your legs will be super sore. But we can get through it.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    @marsts - I have passes to my gym too. I will probably speed walk on the tred mill as well 2 times a week.

@hairhacker - You will be able to do it. It's tough, I have tried it a bit a while ago. But I know it is worth it. Plus if we all stick to it and tell eachother our progress it will motivate us to keep going.

@evseqvar - Do you have the video yet? If so we are starting monday (just to give a few more people a chance to join if they like)
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I'm in I already have the DVD and the weights. Monday is a great day to start gives me anther day to try to recuperate from having strep throat. I think before and after pictures along with measurements and weight is a grat idea.

We should also follow her guideline of 10 days on each level. I've started her program before the 2 nd and 3 rd day is heck because your legs will be super sore. But we can get through it.

yes i think the 10 days on each level is good. I look forward to the pain. lol
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great! as long as there is a few people. I will also take my measurements tomorrow... maybe a picture... yikes... will think about that one. lol.

You may want to take a before pic as it's a great motivator. I was feeling kinda blah this morning so for the first time, I looked at my pics and compared them to the results I was seeing in the mirror... it did the trick - picked me up and made me so happy, I went and worked out right after. Plus one day you might want to show someone and say 'look how far I've come'!! Good luck on Monday, glad you had such a great response. It will hard the first couple of days but push through it as it will definitely be worth it!! :bigsmile:
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    So which measurements do we take?

Waist
    Hips
    Arms
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    I've been shredding Thursday n Fri but took a day off today. May do it again tomorrow (probably will since I ate horribly today) but I'm in on the shredding! I'm very excited to get into bikini body shape by June! I also want to throw in some extra cardio. I have the biggest loser cardio max dvd so I may do that as well. There are plenty of exercise workouts on Comcast on demand. Anyone try these? Which ones are good? Anyway, I'll take before measurements and probably post them tomorrow.
  • madmand0802
    madmand0802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Bought my weights Friday for this DVD and I'm raring to go as my weight loss is starting to slow down please feel free anyone to add me as a friend I'm from th U.K
  • musicoflife08
    Options
    I'm in!!!
    I've started, but I have been so inconsistent that saying I've started doesn't mean much! Monday works perfectly for, because I'm actually going to really get into it with a couple of friends, so that should help keep me motivated along with this!
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Just downloaded 30 day shred from Amazon! I think the support will be good!:flowerforyou:
  • bobbiegirlnc
    Options
    Hi, count me in too. I just finished my 1st day of 30 day shred. I will be working tomorrow (leave at 6am and home around 7:45pm) So, I'm not sure how to handle to work days. But I'll double up if I miss a day. :flowerforyou:

Add me as a friend so I can keep up with everyones progress. Happy Shredding!

Bobbie

PS let me know what measurements and how often we are measuring.
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    Me too, me too!
    I bought the DVD months ago, yet I still haven't tried it yet. What kind of weights are needed? How heavy are ya'll using?
    Also, is it every single day we are doing the video?

and last question...what are you putting it under, in the exercise tracking log?
    This should be good, I love her other workout DVDs.