Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    im doing day 11 today so starting level 2 :O i don't know if everyone's dieing and dosent notice that natalie cheats in level 1 when doing the lunges with the weights (if you know what i mean) when she thinks she off camera she dosent bother lunging...LOL!

LOL, I noticed that too! Made me feel better when I had to stop and catch my breath! lol

Barb

She cheats in Level 2 also. It does make me feel a little better to know it's even hard for someone who is much fitter than I am. If she has trouble keeping up, then maybe I shouldn't feel so bad about needing a drink of water now and then.

Do you all get really thirsty during the workout? I do, so I keep a bottle of water on the table next to wear I work out. But, it's hard to get a second to have a drink since she moves so fast!

I usually do the Shred first thing in the mornings so I have to keep a bottle of water right by me while working out. I get so thirsty. But I try to only get something to drink between the cardio and the abs. I usually have time for a quick sip on the way to the floor.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    My calves are killing me, and I only made it halfway through the pushups yesterday. I think I did a couple more today. I'm ready for day 3 though! Hopefully the pain will subside soon.
  • hgranger
    hgranger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the site and want to join in a challenge. Here we go! Starting Monday
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    YES!!! Lvlv 2 Day 2 done!
    Really had to push myself today. Got some help from my MFP friends though...
    Love it!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 2...I'd love to join you all :)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 - check
  • StephanieJ82
    Options

Great! there are a couple girls that fell behind because of sick or whatnot so jump right in. I lost over 4 inches after 10 days so stick with it!!
    I also do other cardio as well. I just added the shred to it.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 - check

Great JOB!!!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I was going to post some pictures of my progress, but I can't get it to work. Maybe by the time I've done the next 20 days I'll figure it out.
    I would delete this post, but that doesn't seem to be an option, either. So, forgive me for a lame post. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options

Great! there are a couple girls that fell behind because of sick or whatnot so jump right in. I lost over 4 inches after 10 days so stick with it!!
    I also do other cardio as well. I just added the shred to it.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    4 inches, really? Did you do any other exercises with it? When does the soreness stop?
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I was going to post some pictures of my progress, but I can't get it to work. Maybe by the time I've done the next 20 days I'll figure it out.
    I would delete this post, but that doesn't seem to be an option, either. So, forgive me for a lame post. Have a great weekend everyone!

hahaha funny.
    I am not quite ready to show my pics. but I promise I am gonna shoe them at the end of the 30 daysx :)
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    4 inches, really? Did you do any other exercises with it? When does the soreness stop?

I tried the Shred last year and only made it to day 7. I was pretty hurting for the first few days but then my muscles got used to the workout.
    Before i started the Shred this time I was doing 45 minutes of P90X - Cardio X for about a week and a half. It was an intense cardio workout. So I really think by the time I started the Shred, I was glad for the 20 minute workout. But For the first 6 days or so I still did the CardioX or some other type of workout because I really want to see results.
    Shred in the morning and Cardio X at night.
    Then on around day 7 I traded my 3lb weights for 5 pounders for some of the workouts and I sure felt the change.
    I am now on day two of lvl 2 and I was hurting a bit yesterday but not too bad. I have been skipping some of the extra workouts the past few days because my shins are killing me... But I ALWAYS do the Shred no matter what.

I am also very strict on my calories and sodium intake. I drink lots of water too.

To tell you the truth though I really like being sore from a workout. lol. I am strange I know, but I feel like if I am hurting, I am getting results. lol. Not the wrong sort of pain of course like knee pain or my damn shins.

They key is to work through the "good" pain and stick to it every day. Helps having MFP friends to push you when you need it.
  • ItsTerriC
    Options

hahaha funny.
    I am not quite ready to show my pics. but I promise I am gonna shoe them at the end of the 30 daysx :)

Haha, I'm not really ready to show myself either, but I have seen some (very) small changes. I thought that if I could post some pictures of a flabby, out of shape 50 year old who is working harder than she ever thought possible, then maybe it would encourage you younger girls to stay with it so you don't ever have to look like my before pictures. My pictures are more of a cautionary tale than a success story.
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options

To tell you the truth though I really like being sore from a workout. lol. I am strange I know, but I feel like if I am hurting, I am getting results. lol. Not the wrong sort of pain of course like knee pain or my damn shins.

I completely agree! I love the soreness...makes me feel like something is actually happening! I do Zumba twice a week also and, while it's fun, gets me out of the house and exercising, I don't feel like it's doing as much as the Shred because Zumba doesn't make me sore!

I did the Shred a few months ago, got to day 9, lost a pant size, got all excited, and stopped working out :grumble: I'm determined to stick with it now!!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options

I completely agree! I love the soreness...makes me feel like something is actually happening! I do Zumba twice a week also and, while it's fun, gets me out of the house and exercising, I don't feel like it's doing as much as the Shred because Zumba doesn't make me sore!

I did the Shred a few months ago, got to day 9, lost a pant size, got all excited, and stopped working out :grumble: I'm determined to stick with it now!!!

Good!! Do the full 30. Thats what I am doing for sure this time. I also tried Zumba and I felt the same, just didn't feel like i was filling my workout time with a full body workout. good cardio though. I do it sometimes when I am bored of my other cardio.

I found this DVD one time in a 5$ bin. Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates. I LOVE that one! 10 minutes abs, 10 butt and 10 thighs. it's all laying down but it's a great burn for the muscls... come to think of it i should do that one soon.
  • nikkifreake
    Options
    Hey everyone. I fell a bit behind the group when easter hit, but managed to do day 9 of the shred yesterday, I decided to go ahead and weigh in this morning and Im pleased with the results. I lost 2lbs and 5.5inches overall. :) There's my motivation to keep pushing. Keep up the good work everyone! :)
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is round 2 for me and I still LOVE this workout!:heart:
    LEVEL 2 IS STILL MY FAVORITE:bigsmile:

HERE ARE MY RESULTS AFTER LEVEL 1

STARTING MEASUREMENTS AS OF 4/18

Starting weight: 215.6
    Height: 5'10

Bust: 42.5
    Chest: 35
    Waist: 37
    Abdomen/Navel Area: 39
    Hips: 47
    Right Thigh: 27.5
    Left Thigh: 28
    Right Arm: 13.5
    Left Arm: 14

AFTER LEVEL 1

Weight: 215 (TOM was leaving town :ohwell: )
    Height: 5'10

Bust: 42.5
    Chest: 35
    Waist: 36 (WOW!:happy: )
    Abdomen/Navel Area: 38.5
    Hips: 46.5
    Right Thigh: 26.5
    Left Thigh: 27
    Right Arm: 13
    Left Arm: 13.5
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 12 (D2 Level 2) and I'm more excited and energized than I was on Day 1. For some reason I love level 2 because it's so challenging. Jillian kicks my butt so hard every time but I look forward to it everyday.:huh: This is round 2 of the 30 Day Shred for me and I must say I still love this workout dvd. So far I've lost a half pound and 5 inches which I will take since TOM was in town ...probably will see better results next week. I skipped one day (Sunday - Easter Sunday to be exact) which is usualy my rest day so I will try to make up a day with a double along the way... then again I'm really considering resting every Sunday and just stretch out my 30 Day Shred completion date by 4 extra days to May 21st :ohwell:. I just felt I got better results because I did it everyday... Keep up the good work guys... JUST KEEP MOVING! :happy:
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    20110427175908-1.jpg

20110427174923-1.jpg

20110427174909-1.jpg

I'm trying to post some of my before and during pictures. The first picture in the collage is the beginning of my weight loss journey. The second was taken at the beginning of the 30 Day Shred and the last is after the first 10 days on Level 1.

I don't see a lot of change yet, and I've lost less than 2 inches. I think my fat has been attached to my body for so long it just doesn't want to let go. I'm going to keep working to blast it off! I'll post more pictures after Level 2.