Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• MZ_GET_IT_RIGHT
    Options
    Hello MFP family I am new to the site but not new to the weight loss struggle. The major difference this time is I am seeking a life style change. I am tired or being fat, big boned, thick, whatever you want to call it and I am tired of being tired. I have read you all reviews on previous 30 DAY Shred and I am in. This will give me a little extra boost on days like to today when it is cold and rainy out. The only thing that I was hoping to find out was the same question that one of the others readers post...does anyone know the approximate about of calories that are burned from the workout? I just tried to add it to the cardio portion of the site and nothing was found.

ANYHOW I am all in...on my way out to do some running around and already confirmed that my local retail store has it in stock. Once I have completed Level 1 later today I will hit you all back.

Loving MFP,

Nikki
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Secretly, when I do the punches..I aim towards their heads. haha

*thumbsup* X-D

Day six done. Now I have to get ready to take the kids to an Easter Egg hunt.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Hello MFP family I am new to the site but not new to the weight loss struggle. The major difference this time is I am seeking a life style change. I am tired or being fat, big boned, thick, whatever you want to call it and I am tired of being tired. I have read you all reviews on previous 30 DAY Shred and I am in. This will give me a little extra boost on days like to today when it is cold and rainy out. The only thing that I was hoping to find out was the same question that one of the others readers post...does anyone know the approximate about of calories that are burned from the workout? I just tried to add it to the cardio portion of the site and nothing was found.

ANYHOW I am all in...on my way out to do some running around and already confirmed that my local retail store has it in stock. Once I have completed Level 1 later today I will hit you all back.

Loving MFP,

Nikki

Welcome Nikki! I burn approximately 160 calories from Shred.
    Kim
  • fayella
    fayella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi guys im on day 7, anyone who finds Jillain annoying do what i do....Turn the sound off! at the moment nothing hurts its like my body's getting used to it and i feel fitter and stronger :)
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    Day 7 down! I'm pretty much not modifying anymore, except push ups. My arms are little weak things. But I can say that I can do about 10ish girlie push ups instead of the 1.5 on the first day! Lol. I can already see a difference in my tummy and a little in my back (especially my side rolls.) Nowhere else though. I do feel much fitter and don't struggle as much as the first few days! I'm looking forward to level 2 even though I hear its a lot rougher than level 1. I think tomorrow I will mute Jillian and play my own music. :)
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options

Loving MFP,

Nikki

Welcome to the group! I just was able to do Day 2 today...had done day one back on Monday...as my body was still dying and I've been doing the C25K runs as that's my primary workout and I can't fall behind in that. Today I'm going to try running this evening since I did the shred in the a.m. - Hopefully I'll still be alive for Easter!

I bought a heart rate monitor today and will wear it tomorrow with the DVD and let you know what I burn according to the monitor...I hope it says about 897 Calories!!!!:laugh:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I did the the cleaning shred today :embarassed: ....
    I'm so tired from laundry, scrubing, sweeping, folding that I dont think I can do Jillian tonight... wish I had the extra energy but I dont...Guess I'll do Day 5 tomorrow.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    SUGAR NOOOOO.... lol. JK.

its after 10pm right now and i got home not too long ago from a LOOONGGG day. I really didnt want to work out at all!!! But I did. yaaayyy... I knew i had to cause I half assed it yesterday.

I am also really finding Jillian annoying. I will mute her tomorrow. sometimes she is motivating but sometimes she is condiscending. I am also getting bored. At least there is only 4 more days of this one I suppose.

I have a feeling I am going to need a push... I am getting to that point of my journey when i really start to get down on myself because i havent eaten very well the past 2 days or done my second workouts. the scale hasnt budged in 2 weeks :(
  • donicagalek
    Options
    Day seven - check.

Push-ups are WAY easier, but my legs locked up during the initial cardio today which was weird.

Bicycle crunches are still hard but at least I was able to keep my legs from falling to the floor half-way through! Yay!
  • donicagalek
    Options
    I'm probably going to watch level 2 later to see what I have in store in a few days. :-/
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I did Day 7 first thing this morning! I really didn't want to get up and do it but I am so ready to move off level one. I am with the rest of you that are getting bored with it. I need more of a change. The fact that it is only 30 minutes is what gets me thru it.

Barb
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I did Day 7 first thing this morning! I really didn't want to get up and do it but I am so ready to move off level one. I am with the rest of you that are getting bored with it. I need more of a change. The fact that it is only 30 minutes is what gets me thru it.

Barb

yes same here on the 30 minute thing
    also did my day 7 today :) looking forward to something else in a fe days.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    SUGAR NOOOOO.... lol. JK.

its after 10pm right now and i got home not too long ago from a LOOONGGG day. I really didnt want to work out at all!!! But I did. yaaayyy... I knew i had to cause I half assed it yesterday.

I am also really finding Jillian annoying. I will mute her tomorrow. sometimes she is motivating but sometimes she is condiscending. I am also getting bored. At least there is only 4 more days of this one I suppose.

I have a feeling I am going to need a push... I am getting to that point of my journey when i really start to get down on myself because i havent eaten very well the past 2 days or done my second workouts. the scale hasnt budged in 2 weeks :(

I feel your scale pain! I did the "2 weeks no loss" thing myself recently, but today I broke 200 pounds - YEAH!!!!! All this exercise is finally paying off!

I did Day 3 of Level 1 today, and for those who are curious about calories burned, here's the info from my heart rate monitor for today:

280 Calories Burned at an average heart rate of 150 with a max rate of 174 (during that 2nd round of cardio I bet)

For comparison purposes, I'm 198.8 lbs, 5'9" tall, and I'm having to rest during about 15-20 seconds of the cardio during the session. I use 5lb weights for most of the strength, but swap out for two water bottle part way through the shoulder press and the side lunges.

Hope the info is helpful.

I'm trying to talk my husband and daughter into doing the workout now:noway:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I woke up with my right foot swollen....its gone down now but it feels a lil sore...Not sure if I can shred today. I might have to do the Walk at Home workout which might be easier on the foot for now....or the 20 Zumba DVD depending on my mood...

I feel knida bad for missing 2 days already and everyone else is doing so well :ohwell:
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well, this weekend was a bust! Having a houseful of people impacted my ability to work out worse than I thought. Not to mention the fact that it's a holiday, and we had a funeral to attend. I didn't get my shred on yesterday at all. Today I was about 1/2 way done when people started coming down stairs and we had to go see what the Easter Bunny left the grand babies. It was a fun day with way too much food and not enough exercise. Now I have a lot to make up for next week.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, I really dropped the ball this weekend. My complete my 5th day on Sunday. But I did burn 715 calories on Saturday doing yard work. So I will give myself a break for keeping my body moving. I also took my measurements and will add them to my signature tomorrow. I can't wait to see the changes. My scale hasn't moved in a week and it has gotten a bit upsetting. I refuse to loose my motivation.

BTW, I added 3 lbs hand weight so my workout on day 5 and it kicked my but...Felt great!!! Burned more calories, too.
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    Loooooong (food filled) day with my extended family today. Did not shred :( I will make up for it by doing double tomorrow. :) by the way, the bad foods I ate today are really doing a number on my stomach and I'm feeling sluggish blech. Now I remember why I no longer eat like that anymore. Back to yummy healthy foods tomorrow!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Back on track this morning. Got through the Shred. I'm counting it as Day 6, which puts me a bit behind. The plan is to do it again tonight then twice again tomorrow. That will put me even again by Wednesday, which will be weigh-in and measurements day.
    I see a lot of water in my future!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Day 8 is done...I really half assed it thru it though cause I am pms'ing and really did not feel good this morning but gave it everything I had. But I burned 30 less calories. However, I will be going on my 4 mile walk tonight so I will make that up then.

I hope everyone had a great Easter! And if you missed your workout because of it just get back on track today!! :)

Barb
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    Ugh I slacked all weekend!
    I started Level 3 on Friday and woosh.... but I like a lot of the moves.
    So I took off the weekend. Better get back to it. Everyday this week, and the weekend!
    I aim to do the workout daily so I'll be on day 8 on Sunday, then I can be done with it on Tuesday.
    I'm just losing a pound a week but that's fine with me.
    Keep going everyone it'll be over before you know it! Woohoo!
    I started March 28 so it'll take me a touch longer than 30 days but I'm pretty happy with how steady I've been at it.