Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Okay I just had to post this! It made me CRACK UP!!

"Day 3 - I coupled the 30 Day Shred with a 10K run this morning. Many people have asked if the Shred is going to replace my normal workouts. NO! I have a 15 mile trail run in 1 month, and although I do believe this is a great workout, I also know it does not replace running 20 – 25 miles a week. So, I view the Shred as a "supplement" to my training. However, I think it could be an excellent stand-alone workout for others! I had a great time this morning "shredding." Jillian, you are truly growing on me…I just love the "You can do it!" attitude. However, the fitness models irritate me. Anita, you make it look too easy. I can’t even breathe during the modified workouts and there you are, bouncing around like you’re on crack. Oh, Anita!! I’m still doing modified push-ups for most of the push-ups, but I’m trying to slowly switch to the real thing."

--http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2009/03/30-day-shred-challenge.html

Anita might make it look easy, but I caught her taking a break during the lunges. She stopped lunging but kept doing the arms. LOL!!!
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    I love that the abs are not all at the end, but broken up into segments. I hate abs, but I have been doing them all.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good job, everyone! It's awesome to be part of such an inspiring and dedicated group! It's tough to do this every day, but I expect that our before and after pics will be AMAZING! :happy:

I keep forgetting to take my pics! :)
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    day 4 done! I used 5 pounders instead of 3 for SOME of the lifts... wow. arms are jello. :P
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

"Day 3 - I coupled the 30 Day Shred with a 10K run this morning. Many people have asked if the Shred is going to replace my normal workouts. NO! I have a 15 mile trail run in 1 month, and although I do believe this is a great workout, I also know it does not replace running 20 – 25 miles a week. So, I view the Shred as a "supplement" to my training. However, I think it could be an excellent stand-alone workout for others! I had a great time this morning "shredding." Jillian, you are truly growing on me…I just love the "You can do it!" attitude. However, the fitness models irritate me. Anita, you make it look too easy. I can’t even breathe during the modified workouts and there you are, bouncing around like you’re on crack. Oh, Anita!! I’m still doing modified push-ups for most of the push-ups, but I’m trying to slowly switch to the real thing."

Anita might make it look easy, but I caught her taking a break during the lunges. She stopped lunging but kept doing the arms. LOL!!!

I saw that TOO!! She's such a cheater! ;)
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I did day 4 but really did not want to. I had no time to do it until after my children were in bed and I will remember to never wait that late again as I just had no motivation (well, I obviously had quite a bit from this board as I didn't want to come on and say that I missed a day, lol!!!).
    Kim
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I did day 4 but really did not want to. I had no time to do it until after my children were in bed and I will remember to never wait that late again as I just had no motivation (well, I obviously had quite a bit from this board as I didn't want to come on and say that I missed a day, lol!!!).
    Kim

thats great! lol, Thats the point I guess. We are held accountable now.
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    If we miss a day, can we just do the vid twice the next day? haha do you think that works out?
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    If we miss a day, can we just do the vid twice the next day? haha do you think that works out?

Ha, I know right! I'm in the same boat ... and I feel bad for skipping because I don't even have a good excuse.
  • kdsmith
    Options

I saw that TOO!! She's such a cheater! ;)

LOL - I am quite sure that I am doing those butt kicks faster than her...it's all about beating Anita!!!
  • kdsmith
    Options

I think that works out just fine!!! If I end up having to miss Sunday due to going away for Easter then I will definitely be doing it twice on Monday which will be punishment enough for missing a day!
  • tammy_ingwersen
    Options
    New to this and wondering if I can join this group and what I have to do so that I can also do this
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 3...wonder if my neighbours are worried about me jumping up and down at 11:00pm at night LOL
    I will admit its getting easier....I did no wall push ups tonight woo hoo I was able to do girl push ups only resting twice....the jumping jacks were much easier still working on the butt kicks though.....the 20 minutes fly by so fast

My only issue is after the last set of cardio my heart is pumping so the cool down feels a bit rushed....so I have to walk around for a bit and get my heart rate down a bit more then cool down
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Just finished Day 4 of Level 1. I was able to keep up with Natilie more tonight. I still need to do girl push ups. I was grunting tonight. My arms and legs were screaming at me. But it hurt SOOOO good...And to think I almost skipped tonight. But I knew ya'll were counting on me. ;)

P.S. Someone I haven't seen in a couple of weeks asked me if I've lost weight today...I almost kissed her. It was my 1st "have you lost weight" comment since I began this journey March 24.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 4 of Level 1. I was able to keep up with Natilie more tonight. I still need to do girl push ups. I was grunting tonight. My arms and legs were screaming at me. But it hurt SOOOO good...And to think I almost skipped tonight. But I knew ya'll were counting on me. ;)

P.S. Someone I haven't seen in a couple of weeks asked me if I've lost weight today...I almost kissed her. It was my 1st "have you lost weight" comment since I began this journey March 24.

Isn't it fun when people start to notice that you're losing? The other thing I like (and am still amazed by) is when someone tells me I'm inspiring THEM to exercise. On one of my better weight loss attempts a girl at work who does a lot of bike riding told me my efforts were inspiring her to start eating better in addition to her exercising. She was probably only 20-30 pounds overweight and also 5'9", but now she looks like a triathlete! I think back to her now, and that inspires me to play "catch up" with her.

Between running and the shred video I'm just so proud of myself that I'm actually doing all of this exercise AND staying between 1200-1500 calories. This is by far the best I've ever done trying to reinvent myself, and so much of it is due to the support of MFP people. A big thank you to everyone on here!

Anita (but unfortunately, NOT the Anita on the video with the perfect abs)
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Did a 4 1/2 mile walk last night and got up early to complete Day 5 this morning! I can feel myself definitely advancing with the workout. I still do the girly push ups and probably always will. And that is just fine with me. As long as I am feeling the burn in my arms I don't care...haha But I am now facing away from the tv. I know the moves well enough now and I find that I am not as bored with the workout if I am not watching them do the same thing over and over. :)

Barb
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    New to this and wondering if I can join this group and what I have to do so that I can also do this

Sure! I started a day late, and you'd only be a few days behind us. Perhaps that can inspire you to keep going :)

Run to Walmart, grab the DVD and have some hand weights (3lb or 5lb are the best to start with) and press PLAY!!

GOOD LUCK!! This group is so encouraging as we all strive to be SHREDDERS!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Day five done. Three quick things:

1. My modified push-ups are getting much easier.
    2. I find it EXTREMELY condescending when Jillian and the advanced back-up girl laugh at the beginning of the workout when they tell the viewer that if they stick with the video their body will look like hers (is that like a "yeah, right!" type joke? really?)
    3. I want to kick Jillian in the face at the end when she says "'Cuz you strong!" like I'm some farm animal pushing a plow.

Mmm. Can't wait til tomorrow! X-D
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Day 5 done. Halfway through level 1. I can do most of the shred without stopping now. Still doing about 1/2 girl pushups, but my form seems better with them so I have to work on the "real" ones. The soreness is easing more every day and the 20 minutes doesn't seem to be quite as long. I added more weight to some of the arm work and used my weights during the cardio punches. I wish the cool down was a bit longer, but I spend a few extra minutes stretching after she's done.

I looked in the mirror today and I think I see some difference in my back and legs. The tummy and arms aren't changing much, yet. That just gives me incentive to work them harder tomorrow.
  • butterwhi
    Options
    I have done the 30 Day Shred with great results (inch wise but only lost a few pounds) and am starting Ripped in 30 on Monday. Does anyone know how approximately how many calories are burned with these work outs?