Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing so great!!!

Is anyone taking a rest day or is everyone doing the 30 days straight...
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Day three - done.

Still having trouble with bicycle crunches and grabbing my foot during the end stretches. I need to lean on the wall to do it. X-D The muscles are too tight. Needless to say that this makes the "butt kicking" jog a bit difficult. :-D
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you one day behind, but some new folks have joined so we're in tune with them. I was having trouble walking up and down the stairs from my quad in one leg and the calf in the other leg - guess I must have been off balance on the first day since I'm not equaly sore :laugh:

I got hit hard with work, so I'm going to try to get back on the shred and running bandwagon this evening - at least the soreness has subsided enought that I feel like I can do these things!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Day three - done.

Still having trouble with bicycle crunches and grabbing my foot during the end stretches. I need to lean on the wall to do it. X-D The muscles are too tight. Needless to say that this makes the "butt kicking" jog a bit difficult. :-D

My 2 least favorite things are the butt kicking jog and the one-foot stretch. The jog kills me and if I try to stand on one foot I fall over - balance and grace are not my strongest points.:blushing:

SugarApple - I am going to try really hard to do it for 30 days straight. This weekend will be rough as I'll have a house full of people and getting up early on weekends is totally against my core beliefs, lol. But if I can fit in to that dress in May, it will be worth it. I think.:happy:

kellibean and mydoc - I am so sore I can't get up from my desk without holding on. I want to keep working hard, but I wouldn't mind if the pain lessened at some point in the next 28 days. Either way, I'm going to give it all I've got every day.:bigsmile:

krysty - Thanks. I hope I get at least another 28 with him. Most days anyway.:wink:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I failed... Day 2 and I just didn't make it to the DVD. Yesterday was my birthday and even though I went to the gym for over an hour, I went out to dinner afterwards. By the time I got home it was after 10pm and any exercise I did would have me up all night. I'll try to get back on the wagon tonight. Fingers are crossed!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me, me , me. I want to do this, too. I started my 30 day shred on the 18th. I love it!!! I will get my measurements and list them in my signature. This is going to be great!!!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I may be taking a rest day on the weekend, but i'm not sure yet. I was going to take it a week and see how I felt.
  • Rozzie75
    Rozzie75 Posts: 20
    Options
    Well it's day 3 of the challenge I got in workout 2 level 1 completed. Hopeing my son gets to come home tonight from the hospital. This way I could hopefully make up the missed workout. Don't like the jump rope exercise. Ahhh in a few days with any luck I will stop hating them.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did my day 1 this morning - I had to take about 5-10 5 second rest breaks but pushed through. Those 5# weights feel like 20# by the end of the workout. I can already feel some soreness...my legs nearly gave out when I went down the stairs. That surprised me since I've been running the past week.

Here's the bad part...My weight and all my measurements (except my wrist-whoopie) were up today despite eating half of what I used to eat (avg 1700 calories last week), taking my Alli, and running 5 of 7 days plus some extra walking. Sometimes, there's no justice in this world!

Just stick with it and next week you will have a good loss, that usually happens with me. Great job getting your workout done!!

Don't worry about the weight going up. When you begin exercising, your body swells and retains water. This adds to your weight. Keep it up and in a few days you will see a change on the scale. I learned this from a tip of the day from my Jillian Michaels Slim Down app on my iphone. I also witnessed it with through my own experience.
  • nikkifreake
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm relatively new to MFP. I also started the 30 Day Shred this past Monday, so I'd like in on this group. This is my 2nd attempt at the shred, so I'm hoping that I will stay motivated this time around. Day 3 of the workout is finished, and I feel great. Hope everyone else is getting through it as well! :)
  • nikkifreake
    Options
    Measurements!

Height: 5' 2"
    Weight: 154lbs

Chest: 41
    Waist (at bellybutton): 36
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 24
    Arms: 11
    Neck: 13.5
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    can I join this? I have the DVD and weights but I forgot what weight they are! will check when I get home.
    Day #1 will be tonight after work :)
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm relatively new to MFP. I also started the 30 Day Shred this past Monday, so I'd like in on this group. This is my 2nd attempt at the shred, so I'm hoping that I will stay motivated this time around. Day 3 of the workout is finished, and I feel great. Hope everyone else is getting through it as well! :)

Welcome! Check in here every day and it will help you stay motivated. Seeing everyone else's post makes me feel like I'm not doing it alone. It also helps to know that everyone else is struggling with soreness. If they can push through it, so can I.
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    can I join this? I have the DVD and weights but I forgot what weight they are! will check when I get home.
    Day #1 will be tonight after work :)

Absolutely! Great to see you on board. I'll look forward to seeing your posts.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I failed... Day 2 and I just didn't make it to the DVD. Yesterday was my birthday and even though I went to the gym for over an hour, I went out to dinner afterwards. By the time I got home it was after 10pm and any exercise I did would have me up all night. I'll try to get back on the wagon tonight. Fingers are crossed!

I'm impressed you made it to the gym on your birthday, don't worry about missing Shred for a day!!!
    Kim
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Day 3 done!

Kim
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Day 3 done!

Kim

Awesome!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I may be taking a rest day on the weekend, but i'm not sure yet. I was going to take it a week and see how I felt.

I am going to try real hard to make the full 30 days straight. They I will rest a day or two and go to the Ripped in 30 dvd.
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    I am on Day 3 also, no wait, I just finished Day 3, lol. I really like it, love the fact that my face is extremely red and I am VERY sweaty when I get done. Thats when I know that I have REALLY worked out.
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this but I KNOW myself.... I need to be kept motivated. Would any one like to start this with me? I will start when ever. Monday? That gives 2 days for people to join.

I think we need to take our measurements every 10 days because I hear a lot of people say they don't lose much weight but do lose inches.

my CW 159lbs. / My GW in 30 days 150Lbs

There's a group I'm in and we started yesterday if you want to join!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/221269-30-day-shred-april-19-to-may-18