Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I want to join in too...I dont have the DVD but I have the list of exercises and I watched them on you tube...I tried it on Friday and I only did 10 minutes, the jumping jacks had me floored.. I have DDs so I guess it was like weighted jacks lo...so I decided to try again today but this time I will substitute the warm up jacks with walk/jog on the spot, I also do wall push ups....hopefully I'll be able to work my way up to doing everything
    I also plan on still doing zumba along with the Shred ...I might do the 20 min as a warm up

So todays measurements are:

Weight: 178lbs
    Height: 5' 5"

Arms: 12.5"
    Bust: 41"
    Waist: 34"
    Belly: 37"
    Hips: 43"
    Thigh: 25"
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Random questions:
    Are we doing the 30 days straight or can we do it 5 or 6 days a week
    How often do we weigh and measure?
    Are we doing before and after pics?

By the way i am so excited I waated to start this programme for a long time but I couldnt find the DVD anywhere on the island....thank goodness for youtube ...Cant wait to go home and kick butt or get my butt kicked LOL
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I should be getting the DVD in today or tomorrow, I"d love to join the group!! I'll put in my measurements when I get home tonight!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie for your encouragement but, just had a call from one of those girls that laughed today husband who has advised me to let my body rest for at least 1-2 days when the soreness has subsided do the shred again but, as you say maybe add some more warm ups first. Apparently the pain i'm feeling is my muscle repairing itself with new muscle and have to let it mature slightly before putting it under strain eat plenty of protein to aid me whilst doing the 30 shred and take my time its quality over quantity. He is an ex body builder and trainer and has advised me not to quit but space it out and over time I will become stronger and can pack it in a bit more frequently. So I am not quitting just doing the 60 day shred !

Ah... so you must have torn something? in that case for sure take a rest. Sometimes i get shin splints and need to stay mostly off my legs for a couple days. I thought maybe you were just hurting from the workout. And thats totally normal and expected. I get all my fitness info from the guy i get my vitamins and protine powder from. He teaches Kickboxing and cardio bootcamp. So he is all about pushing yourself to it's limit. LOL. BUT You know your own body and should listen to it. :)
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Random questions:
    Are we doing the 30 days straight or can we do it 5 or 6 days a week
    How often do we weigh and measure?
    Are we doing before and after pics?

By the way i am so excited I waated to start this programme for a long time but I couldnt find the DVD anywhere on the island....thank goodness for youtube ...Cant wait to go home and kick butt or get my butt kicked LOL

SO glad you are joining. everyone else too.

I am going to try for 30 days straight. BUT it is totally up to you and what you think you can handle. You will hurt, ALOT (i hear) so just listen to your body.
    I was thinking we measure and weigh in every 10 days. Thats after each level.
    I did take a photo yesterday and will take them every 10 days as well .... I will show it at the end of the 30 days LOL. I am hoping.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    By the way, someone just told me that they downloaded the 30 day shred from Amazon for only 2$ per level. So if you want to start, don't have the video and are able to watch from your computer, that is a great price AND you don'y have to wait for it to come in the mail!!

heres the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00356CO1E/ref=atv_dvd_tv_ep?ie=UTF8&redirect=true
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would so love to join you all. My sis and I ordered our copies last week so I am hoping mine has come in today! I am super excited to get going with this. I have lost 43 pounds so far and really starting to look a little flabby so I am really hoping that this will help me firm up!!

Barb
  • Kurrah
    Kurrah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I AM IN AS WELL! I bought my dvd a month ago and it still has the plastic on itlol. My question is, how do we calculate calories burned to add into our daily journal? I tried searching Jillian's name as well as the title and nothing came back. Eh well, I'll be completing that workout after work today! Good luck everyoneeee!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I would like to join in also. I did the Shred before and really like it. I didn't do it 30 consecutive days though and I have been thinking about doing that, so this group will hold me accountable. Good luck everybody! I'd like to lose at least 10 lbs by the end of the 30 days.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    just finished day one. It wasn't as bad as i remember. I Have been doing some of my hubbies P90X Cardio though and thats 45 minutes. So I may have a bit more endurance than i did last time. May be another story tomorrow when I can't lift my arms though. lol. Those side lunges with the sholder lifts are what got me. had to put the 3lb weights down half way through that one. lol/

In regards to the calorie question, i lost 135 calories in the 20 minutes according to my HRM, But i am not 100% i set it right. i will try again tomorrow
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Ok.

I'm just using the measurements here of neck, waist, hips.

Neck: 13
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 40.5

Now off to do the video.
  • donicagalek
    Options
    Anyone else almost topple over during the lunges? X-D My balance sucks *so* much.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Anyone else almost topple over during the lunges? X-D My balance sucks *so* much.

haha. yes.
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    day 2 down....

i did the first 15 minutes of the biggest loser cardio max before i realized that my body may not be used to so much cardio doing the cardio max AND the 30 day shred so i shut it off and popped in the 30 day shred. WOW. that 15 mins of extra cardio plus the 30DS.... holy.... lol. my face was beet red! haha. all in all a very good work out but boy am i pooped! i think i may try to do cardio max after 30DS instead of before tomorrow? ...we'll see how it pans out. are you guys doing any extra cardio in conjunction with 30DS? do you usually do it before, after, or take a break? thanks! :happy:
  • donicagalek
    Options
    I got about 30 minutes of circuit and walking in earlier today before I decided to hop on board. I'll probably do some circuit every day with this because, even though I was sweating/falling over/etc it's still only about 20 minutes of actual "workout". If I were working full time and didn't have the time I wouldn't push it. But I do, so I am. :-/
  • c2jvintage
    c2jvintage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay for finishing day one level one! I didn't think it was horrible, I used 5# weights, maybe going to up it to 8#ers tomorrow :) Hope everyone had a great first (or whichever) day!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    day 2 down....

i did the first 15 minutes of the biggest loser cardio max before i realized that my body may not be used to so much cardio doing the cardio max AND the 30 day shred so i shut it off and popped in the 30 day shred. WOW. that 15 mins of extra cardio plus the 30DS.... holy.... lol. my face was beet red! haha. all in all a very good work out but boy am i pooped! i think i may try to do cardio max after 30DS instead of before tomorrow? ...we'll see how it pans out. are you guys doing any extra cardio in conjunction with 30DS? do you usually do it before, after, or take a break? thanks! :happy:

I'm going to do extra cardio...20 - 30 minutes and will definitely do it after the 30DS as I usually run and find that much more "relaxing" and more of a reward for doing the 30DS. I'm aiming for doing the 30DS every day and extra cardio 5 times/week.

Kim
  • Karmol
    Karmol Posts: 8
    Options
    1 down, 29 to go!
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    First day down! Not as bad as I thought......I'm still breathing=0) Legs do feel quite rubbery(?) though. I really hope I'm not too sore tomorrow. I will still be doing 2 miles per day with indoor walking DVD's also. So want to make the whole 30 days and see some good results!

Starting measurements:

Bust: 40.5
    Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 43
    Arms: 12.5
    Things: 25.5
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Only 29 more to go? this should be easy! (I am being VERY sarcastic!)