Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• swaggadactyl
    swaggadactyl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!! my housemate bought the 30 Day Shred and the 6-week 6-pack and we've been doing the ladder. It's definitely time to start doing the shred! all over it :)

edit: I changed my check-in/weigh-in tab to record waist, hips, and arms measurements and I'll update them every 5-10 days or something so I can see the trend when it's all done.. kind of scared I've never measured anything other than my weight before!

way to go everyone!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    @ ALW65 - go to Lilyslim.com and you can create any kind of counter you like. just discovered it and love it!

@ JustJenn419 - every day we will do this. of course you don't HAVE to, but for myself, I know if I give myself an inch, I take a mile. My goal is to do it evey day for 30 days. Like Jillian says "Don't phone it in" lol

@ c2jvintage - I agree, I am curvy and like it that way. But since i had my son I have fat in places I do NOT like. Tummy and back area. Want to get rid of that and then a bit more.

Oh another thing I am looking forward to is being able to do pushups. I tried the 30 day shred once before. when i started I could barely do one girl push-up. By day 7 I could do 15! bstopped after day 7 :(
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I just bought this Saturday @ Target -- $9.00 can you believe it?!??! What a steal. I have heard and seen so many amazing victory stories from this that I couldn't resist! Since I have a significant amount of weight to lose, is this something I can make it through now? I still need to lose about 80 lbs, roughly. Also, are you guys planning on doing All 30 Days consecutively? 3rd, I started the Turbo Jam program pretty recently and I'm also running 1-3 times a week to try and build up my endurance there, lol.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Day 1 ladies - Kick *kitten*!
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    Hey ya'll just went through level 1 for the first time.. it was very nice (compared to her other video I typically do; Banish Fat Metabolism)
    I wasn't really pushed, endurance-wise by doing it because I'm already in good shape in that aspect, but I definitely did/do feel it in my arms!
    I used 5lbs weights, and did I regret it by the side lunges! But hey, the tired muscles is what makes them better so I'll keep on level one until my arm strength improves!

Have you done it yet ? If not, then get off your *kitten* and go do it! haha Can't be slacking off on day 1!! :p
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'd love to join in on this, I have actually started it a few times but end up deciding that I like running better, lol. I definitely need to add in some toning exercises and since I haven't done much exercising in the past month this will be great motivation.
    I'll take my measurements and post them in a bit.
    Kim
  • Rockd13
    Rockd13 Posts: 5
    Options
    I did my work out this morning, and I must admit IT KICKED MY BUTT!!! Ohhh my goodness!!! But I kept up the best I could and can't wait until it gets easier!!! Good luck to you all!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I am starting it this friday!!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Great! as long as there is a few people. I will also take my measurements tomorrow... maybe a picture... yikes... will think about that one. lol.

I am with you on that! Definitly will take measurments... pics im a little affraid of haha
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I did my day 1 this morning - I had to take about 5-10 5 second rest breaks but pushed through. Those 5# weights feel like 20# by the end of the workout. I can already feel some soreness...my legs nearly gave out when I went down the stairs. That surprised me since I've been running the past week.

Here's the bad part...My weight and all my measurements (except my wrist-whoopie) were up today despite eating half of what I used to eat (avg 1700 calories last week), taking my Alli, and running 5 of 7 days plus some extra walking. Sometimes, there's no justice in this world!
  • kdsmith
    Options
    I did my day 1 this morning - I had to take about 5-10 5 second rest breaks but pushed through. Those 5# weights feel like 20# by the end of the workout. I can already feel some soreness...my legs nearly gave out when I went down the stairs. That surprised me since I've been running the past week.

Here's the bad part...My weight and all my measurements (except my wrist-whoopie) were up today despite eating half of what I used to eat (avg 1700 calories last week), taking my Alli, and running 5 of 7 days plus some extra walking. Sometimes, there's no justice in this world!

Just stick with it and next week you will have a good loss, that usually happens with me. Great job getting your workout done!!
  • kdsmith
    Options
    I finished Day 1 and burned exactly 150calories according to my hrm. Went on my treadmill for a slow job and burned another 141 calories in 20 minutes (pulled my calve muscle yesterday during soccer so am taking it a bit slow today).

Endurance wise, I was good with Shred but I couldn't believe how weak I was!!! I used 5 pound weights and just about cried during the side lunges!

Scary measurements were:
    Chest, 38 inches
    Waist at belly button, 37 inches
    Hips, 41 inches
    Thighs, 25.5 inches

Good luck everyone!!
    Kim
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I did Day 1 this morning and would love to have some accountability buddies! :happy:
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this thread. I did my first day of the shred this morning. I didn't take all my measurements, but I did take a few before I started today

Weight - 134.6
    Height - 5'2"
    Chest/Bust - 37.25
    Waist - 32.25
    Hips - 37.75

My goal is to be able to zip the dress I ordered to wear to my nephew's wedding in 6 weeks. I really thought it was the right size, but boy, it is really far from closing.

I had a rough time keeping up and had to take a couple of 5 second breaks, but I finished it. I think I need the senior version - lol. I'll stick with it though and will update my measurements in 10 days when I move to Level 2.

Wish me luck.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can join us - the more of us working together, the better we'll do! Welcome :bigsmile:
  • madmand0802
    madmand0802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all done my first day last night as I had work today and I have to say I feel like Mike Tyson has used my thighs as a punch bag the girls have laughed at me all day hobbling around work !! I have being doing Zumba 3 times a week and thought my legs were strong how wrong was I? Not sure if I should push through the pain tonight and do it again or let my legs have a rest I work 10 hours a day in a shop and walk the mile to work every morning, has anybody got any thoughts as to should I keep pushing or let my body recover? I'm not quitting but, just wondered if I was the only one that hurt's?!!

Anyways heres my measurements I haven't done my arms as they are quite muscular for some reason already

WEIGHT 173 LBS
    HIPS 44 IN
    WAIST 34 IN
    THIGHS 26 IN
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I would love to join! I just bought this Saturday @ Target -- $9.00 can you believe it?!??! What a steal. I have heard and seen so many amazing victory stories from this that I couldn't resist! Since I have a significant amount of weight to lose, is this something I can make it through now? I still need to lose about 80 lbs, roughly. Also, are you guys planning on doing All 30 Days consecutively? 3rd, I started the Turbo Jam program pretty recently and I'm also running 1-3 times a week to try and build up my endurance there, lol.

Great to have you! You can do it for SURE! you may even see the best results. Yes the plan is to do ALL 30 days in a row. And I am so pooped after Turbo Jam, Jullian is only 20-30 minutes I think so really, anyone should be able to get through it... but I think by day 3 you are going to hurt a lot. LOL.

My husband and I have been doing some p90x and he wanted to try this Shred out with me tonight... but i dont think i want to wait for him so i will do it in about an hour.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I did Day 1 this morning and would love to have some accountability buddies! :happy:

please join! Easier to stick to it this way I think. Next best thing to having a live workout buddy.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Hi all done my first day last night as I had work today and I have to say I feel like Mike Tyson has used my thighs as a punch bag the girls have laughed at me all day hobbling around work !! I have being doing Zumba 3 times a week and thought my legs were strong how wrong was I? Not sure if I should push through the pain tonight and do it again or let my legs have a rest I work 10 hours a day in a shop and walk the mile to work every morning, has anybody got any thoughts as to should I keep pushing or let my body recover? I'm not quitting but, just wondered if I was the only one that hurt's?!!

Keep going for Sure!! The fact that your muscles hurt so much means it is really working. Nothing worse than doing a workout and feeling like you did nothing. Maybe just do an extra 10 minutes of stretching before and after if you are worried. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • madmand0802
    madmand0802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie for your encouragement but, just had a call from one of those girls that laughed today husband who has advised me to let my body rest for at least 1-2 days when the soreness has subsided do the shred again but, as you say maybe add some more warm ups first. Apparently the pain i'm feeling is my muscle repairing itself with new muscle and have to let it mature slightly before putting it under strain eat plenty of protein to aid me whilst doing the 30 shred and take my time its quality over quantity. He is an ex body builder and trainer and has advised me not to quit but space it out and over time I will become stronger and can pack it in a bit more frequently. So I am not quitting just doing the 60 day shred !