Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    I did day 5 of level one today. I feel like it's gettin' tougher. My arms were hella hurting this morning but I kept pushing through.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Just finished Day 4 of Level 1. I was able to keep up with Natilie more tonight. I still need to do girl push ups. I was grunting tonight. My arms and legs were screaming at me. But it hurt SOOOO good...And to think I almost skipped tonight. But I knew ya'll were counting on me. ;)

P.S. Someone I haven't seen in a couple of weeks asked me if I've lost weight today...I almost kissed her. It was my 1st "have you lost weight" comment since I began this journey March 24.

Today I was thinking about skipping because I am hung over... lol. BAD! But seeing that you did it when you were thinking about skipping makes me want to get it done. Thanks. I think I couldn't do it without this group.

and i can't wait for someone to notice my weight loss! Good for you.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I just started Level 3 today. I haven't lost a lot either (only have 40lbs to lose total) but lemme tell you my first day level 3 was quite a bit harder than level 1 and 2. I felt like 1 and 2 weren't a huge stretch. Funny because I like some of the level 3 exercises best but wowsa I had trouble getting through it. Hopefully by day 5 I'll be better. By 10 I'll be expert... ha yeah right! I can dream.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I have done the 30 Day Shred with great results (inch wise but only lost a few pounds) and am starting Ripped in 30 on Monday. Does anyone know how approximately how many calories are burned with these work outs?

dont know about Ripped, but i burn about 175 calories with lvl1 of the shred. i am 159lbs 5'5
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 4...I'm getting better everyday...especially with the push ups
    Today I actually hit my butt a couple of times while doing the butt kicks LOL
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I just completed Day 4...I'm getting better everyday...especially with the push ups
    Today I actually hit my butt a couple of times while doing the butt kicks LOL

you are on a roll Sugar! You must feel great.
    I didnt do too well today. only did 14 minutes of it half assed pace... I am thinking drinking was a bad idea last night and wont be doing it again for at least a month. Was not worth giving up all thise calories and my workout. :( Live and learn
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    Day five done. Three quick things:

1. My modified push-ups are getting much easier.
    2. I find it EXTREMELY condescending when Jillian and the advanced back-up girl laugh at the beginning of the workout when they tell the viewer that if they stick with the video their body will look like hers (is that like a "yeah, right!" type joke? really?)
    3. I want to kick Jillian in the face at the end when she says "'Cuz you strong!" like I'm some farm animal pushing a plow.

Mmm. Can't wait til tomorrow! X-D

Secretly, when I do the punches..I aim towards their heads. haha
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I did Day 5 today but have to confess that I was dreading doing the same video again so I did level 2 instead!! Level 2 is definitely more interesting that the first level and the cardio challenges me quite a bit more. I'm not eating all that great what with all the Easter treats around so am not too sure if I am getting many results right now. Tomorrow I'll get back to healthy eating!
    Kim
  • wyld_chyld
    Options
    Me! Me! Me!

I need motivated with this so bad. I start it, get sore, take a break.....next thing I know I'm saying,"I'm going to start that 30 day shred...."
  • ChristineM79
    Options
    Well, you all have motivated me to get Jillians 30 Day Shred!!! I have been taking kickboxing classes at a local studio, and I was looking for something to suppliment my workouts, since the studio isn't open every day. I am planning on starting on Monday, so I will be a little bit behind you guys. Hope you dont mind if I tag along!!! :-)
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    love to have you ladies. we are only on day 5. still 25 more to go. I think we may have lost a few ladies already though :(
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I started the Shred today! =]
  • nikkifreake
    Options
    5 days of the shred complete, and I dread to get at it again this morning. However, I always feel soo good once the workouts finished so I know I got to keep going. I have 2 small kids here, so the minute one goes down for a nap I get at it, otherwise I don't get a chance. My 3 year old watches and works out with me and says 'its a hard workout momma." LOL! And he will say "You're doing good! Don't stop!!!" What a little motivator he is! Anyway, here goes day 6. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have completed day 6. I actually used my 3 pound weights during the cardio punching. That made it feel like I was really doing something.
    Today will be a tough day. We have a family gathering so it will be lots of all the wrong foods. Gotta find that willpower.

Barb
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    When I did it last night, the side lunges did not seem at hard as they used to.
    And I don't know if it's just in my head, but my arms do seem to be getting more defined muscles lol. yey
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    When I did it last night, the side lunges did not seem at hard as they used to.
    And I don't know if it's just in my head, but my arms do seem to be getting more defined muscles lol. yey
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Completed day 5 yesterday after work, I was soooo happy - I think it may be getting a little easier and I'm able to keep up better. Have a crazy bad cold and hoping this won't stop me today. Reading all the posts is so inspiring....I'll do it today no matter what!!!!
    Keep up all that good work!!!
  • thebestistocome
    thebestistocome Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I bought 30 Day Shred lately, but didn't use it yet.

I will start today!

Thebestistocome
  • Karmol
    Karmol Posts: 8
    Options
    Just did day 6, level 1 and finished off with a little jog!! My first week tracking my food and exercise was very frustrating. I actually gained weight, but I am not giving up. I am going to tighten up and get through this.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I skipped yesterday and feel like I cheated. But I am going to do it twice today. Once this morning and again tonight. Then I will be caught up.