Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm doing Day 8 today and to be honest I DON"T WANT TO!!! I've never had issues with my knees, but OMGosh they hurt so bad!! I even tried to do the NORMAL push ups yesterday so that i didn't have to put any pressure on my knees (ended up doing wall push ups cuz well i just dont' have that much upper body strength)

...sigh... but i'll do it. :/ I need some motivation big time!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Okay, so I'm doing Day 8 today and to be honest I DON"T WANT TO!!! I've never had issues with my knees, but OMGosh they hurt so bad!! I even tried to do the NORMAL push ups yesterday so that i didn't have to put any pressure on my knees (ended up doing wall push ups cuz well i just dont' have that much upper body strength)

Oh man my knees and shins are killing me too. But its EVERYTIME I workout. I JUST Got new shoes last night and had them on today. LOVE them!!!
    You know what you can do? If your knees bug you too much maybe instead of jumping jacks and stuff that puts pressure on the knees just do the squat punches holding your weights. Thats a great cardio workout. You don't wan't to injure yourself but don't let it hinder your workout. Just make a few adjustments.
    You can do this, easy peasy... then just 2 more days and on to level 2!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    uh oh...... I missed yesterday!!!!!!! I left for the day yesterday thinking i was going to work out that evening. when i got home my hubby had a house full of people that didnt leave till after midnight. I was pretty upset.

So when my protine shake settles I am going to do day 9. and then this evening I will do day 10.
    I am going to measure tomorrow morning.

I have noticed i am getting a little muscle forming in my bicep. LOL It's little but I have never had that before. :)

I noticed my bicep forming (without flexing) the other night and went running into the room where my husband was and showed him! He looked at me like I was nuts! lol

haha thats awesome!
  • Karmol
    Karmol Posts: 8
    Options
    Day 10 done!! I can't believe I have done 10 consecutive days!!! Lots of challenges, but I made it happen every day! Hope I can handle Level 2 tomorrow!!! And as a benefit my hubby said my butt had gotten smaller!! Woo hoo!!! I so needed that since the numbers on the scale haven't moved. I weigh-in is tomorrow....fingers crossed.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7. I even got it done before 11:30 at night...LOL I decided to do it before dinner. I might do something else later tonight.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 6.....I dont think doing 2 a day will be a very good idea for me....I was very tired the whole time and couldnt do alot of the exercises properly especially the cardio....I will try doubling again tomorrow and see how it goes....if it feels the same I might have to just have to trail behind you guys....
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Just finished Day 6.....I dont think doing 2 a day will be a very good idea for me....I was very tired the whole time and couldnt do alot of the exercises properly especially the cardio....I will try doubling again tomorrow and see how it goes....if it feels the same I might have to just have to trail behind you guys....

no problem sugar. Dont do what your body is telling you not to. My hubby didnt want to do the Shred tonight with me (was supposed to be my day 9 and 10) So we did 45 minutes of cardio X instead. then i did some strength after....
    I am pooped!!! early bed time??? Yes.
    I am nervous for my weigh in and measurements tomorrow.

oh and i drank my 8 glasses today!! woot!
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    Guys, level 2... wow. Lol. Okay so yesterday I did my last two level 1 work outs. Don't think it was a good idea doing two in one day, and then taking on level 2 the next. Haha. I woke up sore and was not feeling up to starting level 2. Plus the cheeseburger for lunch was not a good idea but I just could not resist as I have not had a real beef cheeseburger in about two months. Let me tell you, this is almost unheard of because burgers are my faaaaaavvvvee! Anyway, got off my lazy butt and did shred level 2. Man, I was sweating like a monster. Haha I was almost sure I had died by the end, but after I caught my breath, I actually enjoyed the workout! Even though I felt it was a lot more difficult than level 1, I am looking forward to doing level 2 tomorrow, and building my endurance for it. I liked the cardio a lot better on this level because I felt there was more variety. But I hated having so many plank moves. Blah. How did you guys feel about level 2? Hope I'm not too sore tomorrow!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to start Level 2. So far, I'm a little concerned about the "changes" since I started the Shred. My weight is up almost 2 lbs. Now, if I had made some major changes in my measurements, I would chalk it up to building muscle. That's not the case. I have lost, but very little. I'm going to keep going and hope that things get better with Level 2. I'm working awfully hard just to see the progress I've made disappear.

Measurements -
    Bust:: 37.5 - down .25
    Waist 32 - down .25
    Hips 36.5 - down .75 (the one place I don't need to lose is where I lose the most!)

I'm adding these measurements since I didn't take them last time.

R. Bicep - 12
    L. Bicep - 12.25
    R. Thigh - 21.5
    L. Thigh - 20.5

Under bust (bra area) 33.14 (no wonder my bras never fit right, I'm an odd number!)

Enough procrastinating - I'm off to try Level 2
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Whooo hooo! Finished day 10 yesterday and took measurements this morning. Overall 3" inch loss!! I'm really happy. I'm not sure that I want to move to level 2 just yet. Maybe level 1 for 10 more days - I could do the 60 day shred? Had a 1.5 lb weight loss.

All these great posts keep me going:wink:

Bust - 40" (was 40.5)
    Waist - 33" (was 34.5)
    Hips - 42" (was 43)
    Arms - same (?)
    Thihgs - same =(
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 - Done. It's challenging, but I think I like it better than Level 1. I got lost a few times and will have to work on my form. I need to have my husband watch my planks to see if I'm lined up properly. Cardio is still killer, but more on my legs than my heart. I can keep breathing and sweating, but my legs hurt so bad I have to take a small break and do the punches. I do have a bit of trouble with my balance, but she promises that will get better.

I hope all my wonderful MFP'ers have better results than I did with the first 10 days. I can't wait to read the updates and new measurements!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 (or 5-lost count!) of Level 1 yesterday...then mowed the grass and then ran a little with the dogs...what a workout day! I am feeling a little stronger in keeping up with the cardio and the strenght moves. It's a small improvement, but it's definitely there.

For those of you weighing and measuring, don't be upset if your numbers stay the same or even move up when you've started this. I find that everytime I start a big exercise project that always happens, and then all of a sudden things move in the other direction. For some reason I forget this each time and feel badly when it happens...then I remember...oh yeah...that's just the usual 'shock' adjustment my body seems to make to the new exercise routine.

If you're not totally messing up on your calories in and you're doing this shred video, there's NO WAY all the numbers aren't going to show improvement in the end - YOU GO GIRLS!!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I just saw another person posted success pics from the shred, and you can definitely see a change even though the pics are a little bit from a distance - here's the post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/227836-30-day-shred-success-w-pics
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in I just bought it yesterday!
    I will measure and take before/after pics

Thanks for proposing this challenge.

I am so ready to burn some more fluffy (fat) off:wink:
  • lawilgus
    lawilgus Posts: 21
    Options
    I just started yesterday and my inner thighs are killing me!

Also, I am in the second floor of my apt complex so I kind of feel bad for my 'new' neighbors downstairs. I try to be 'light' during the jumping but I weigh 183.8 so I am not seeing that working out so well. Any wise suggestions? I am thinking about doing it during lunch with the hope that they don't come home to eat...

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Day 1-Level 2 complete....Jillian tried to kick my *kitten* but I kicked back...lol That was more challenging but only 19 more days to go!! lol

Barb
  • mydoc3
    Options

Oh man my knees and shins are killing me too. But its EVERYTIME I workout. I JUST Got new shoes last night and had them on today. LOVE them!!!
    You know what you can do? If your knees bug you too much maybe instead of jumping jacks and stuff that puts pressure on the knees just do the squat punches holding your weights. Thats a great cardio workout. You don't wan't to injure yourself but don't let it hinder your workout. Just make a few adjustments.

See that is why I love this group!!! I learn different techniques. I think with the jumping exercises I may just have to substitute the jumping with the squat punches. I am a bit "chesty" and it really hurts to do all the jumping! (Even with a great sports bra) Thanks for the suggestion Stephanie!

Barb
  • mydoc3
    Options
    Guys, level 2... wow. Lol. Okay so yesterday I did my last two level 1 work outs. Don't think it was a good idea doing two in one day, and then taking on level 2 the next. Haha. I woke up sore and was not feeling up to starting level 2. Plus the cheeseburger for lunch was not a good idea but I just could not resist as I have not had a real beef cheeseburger in about two months. Let me tell you, this is almost unheard of because burgers are my faaaaaavvvvee! Anyway, got off my lazy butt and did shred level 2. Man, I was sweating like a monster. Haha I was almost sure I had died by the end, but after I caught my breath, I actually enjoyed the workout! Even though I felt it was a lot more difficult than level 1, I am looking forward to doing level 2 tomorrow, and building my endurance for it. I liked the cardio a lot better on this level because I felt there was more variety. But I hated having so many plank moves. Blah. How did you guys feel about level 2? Hope I'm not too sore tomorrow!

I have a love/hate relationship with the planks. Just not really sure how I feel about them. This level is for sure tougher but will be more rewarding, I think!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    well here are my results after Level 1

Start Measurements:

159 lbs

neck: 13.5"
    arms: 12"
    chest: 39"
    waist (upper/smallest): 33"
    waist (belly/biggest): 37"
    hips: 42"
    thighs: 26"

Todays Measurements:

158 lbs

neck: 13"
    arms: 11.75"
    chest: 38"
    waist (upper/smallest): 32.5"
    waist (belly/biggest): 36"
    hips: 41.5"
    thighs: 25.5"

1lb & 4.25" lost (is this right?)

I have to say, I am pretty impressed with these measurements! I was a bit bummed about the 1lb ONLY lost but I have lost over 4" in my body!
    Thanks ladies for keeping me accountable!!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options

See that is why I love this group!!! I learn different techniques. I think with the jumping exercises I may just have to substitute the jumping with the squat punches. I am a bit "chesty" and it really hurts to do all the jumping! (Even with a great sports bra) Thanks for the suggestion Stephanie!

Barb

no problem Barb :) I had to do that one day bcause my shin splints were SO bad. I used my 3lb weights and wow I was sweating. It's a great workout... and a good back and arm workout.