Bicycle Fans - official thread for people who love riding th

Options

Replies

• TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    Well, I decided to go with the Trek! Rode it home, what a difference from the "old lady bike"!! Wheeeeeeeee!!!

I decided against the Felt because while the Garmin paint job kinda looked cool, I thought of the guys that have the street cars painted like NASCAR team cars. Every time I see one, I think "What a douche!" I realized if I bought that team issue bike, *I* would be "that douche" but with a bike!! No thanks!! LOL
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Good call!

I totally agree on the team issue bike, they are very seasonal, especially plaid. Don't want that label!!!

Why a fixie.....

Well, I took my road bike out last night after doing a lot of training on my fixie this year, let me say woohoo was it fun! My two mid week rides were on the fixie, with absolutely no carbon, a scant 26 lbs, and unforgiving nature to ride 18mph all the time. The first hill on the road bike was like.... zoom, up I went, wow, that was easy! Let's do that again! I have the habit to pedal all the time, like corners, down every hill, and keep the gas on...... Fun, Fun, Fun

Have a great weekend everyone.... for me there is a long forecast of chainrings and open road.
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    I gotta take the bike back in tomorrow for some adjustments. They have a tiny parking lot for test rides so it's really hard to tell whether something fits you or not. Riding home I was pretty scrunched up and it was hard to unclip at stops. So they'll take care of that for me, even if it means swapping for another size.

After I talked to them and made the appointment I realized "OMG, the Tour will be on!!!" Thank goodness for DVR!

Have a great weekend, rain! And everyone else, of course!! Not doing anything here for the holiday. I'll drink a lot of wine and imagine Fabian Cancellara whispering "Lay-o-pard" in my ear...LOL!!

</bikesl*t>
  • RunRideRay
    Options

I'll drink a lot of wine and imagine Fabian Cancellara whispering "Lay-o-pard" in my ear...LOL!!

classic!

How to come back on that....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    My bike adventure this morning: I went back to the bike shop to have some adjustments done. They had me riding the bike on a trainer while they watched and took measurements. Got it adjusted so it's a lot more comfortable now.

I was riding home and I got about a mile and a half from the shop when I hear CRUNCH and the pedals start spinning. I thought the chain fell off so I got up on the sidewalk and was going to put it back on. No chain. I look back to where I heard the noise and there in the very busy intersection was my broken chain.

So I had to walk back to the bike shop, in my bike shoes (SPD, luckily!), pushing the bike. It was 85 degrees out, not terribly humid, but hot enough! Got back to the shop and they put a new chain on, a better one than it came with...yay!! And I was there just in time to watch the end of Stage 1 of the TdF. :o)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I hit my 1000th mile since starting bicycling again in mid April. At my 1010th mile I got another flat :explode: .

I am seriously considering getting a nice road bike to make the miles fly by a little faster.
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I hit my 1000th mile since starting bicycling again in mid April. At my 1010th mile I got another flat :explode: .

I am seriously considering getting a nice road bike to make the miles fly by a little faster.

1000 miles in the last 3 months....Great Job
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of miles...great job!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Fantastic!
  • knittedbike
    Options
    1000 miles Seems a long way away...only just back on the bike proper for many years and - first time since April. Then i knew I needed to lose some baggage and build some core strength...

I ride tandem and I only just now have the confidence to go for it (without apologising) and not worry about being 'carried' home! Great ride sunday all around beautiful sunny Lancashire... Can't wait for the next one...
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Well done... I'm close behind you :wink:
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    I just did my usual hour ride for the first time with the Trek. It only took 30 minutes! :-D
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    I just did my usual hour ride for the first time with the Trek. It only took 30 minutes! :-D

Excellent! Good going!
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    I went out for another 90 minute ride. I can't stay off this thing!!

Cloggsy, do you have a Boardman bike?? I've never seen one.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Cloggsy, do you have a Boardman bike?? I've never seen one.

Yup :smile:

I've got a 2010 Boardman Team Carbon

1268323082226-1sqbh9zcedaof-500-90-500-70.jpg

:glasses:
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    My bike adventure this morning: I went back to the bike shop to have some adjustments done. They had me riding the bike on a trainer while they watched and took measurements. Got it adjusted so it's a lot more comfortable now.

I was riding home and I got about a mile and a half from the shop when I hear CRUNCH and the pedals start spinning. I thought the chain fell off so I got up on the sidewalk and was going to put it back on. No chain. I look back to where I heard the noise and there in the very busy intersection was my broken chain.

So I had to walk back to the bike shop, in my bike shoes (SPD, luckily!), pushing the bike. It was 85 degrees out, not terribly humid, but hot enough! Got back to the shop and they put a new chain on, a better one than it came with...yay!! And I was there just in time to watch the end of Stage 1 of the TdF. :o)

Doh! That's a heck-of-a chain dump! Don't see that very often.

cloggsy71, that's a nice looking ride! The Ritchey wheelset looks great too.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    cloggsy71, that's a nice looking ride! The Ritchey wheelset looks great too.

Thank you SIr :blushing:
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    Cloggsy....NICE!! :::drool:::
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Following the lead, to lead with my bike as the profile pic. It's my Madison fixie, not a single piece of carbon on her, love it. I have a couple other bike pics on my profile...my road bike, a Trek 5000, GF Erwin I built into a monster cross with 29er wheels. It's 100% badass. I use the GF for long bouts of gravel and rough terrain, plenty of that in the midwest. I have 2 other bikes.... but they are my secret weapons against tyranny and oppression, to be revealed when appropriate.

Ray
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    Well, you guys are making me drool with your great bikes but I'm in love with my new Trek! :-)