Starting Jillian Michaels 30DS Friday the 22nd! Who's in?

Options

Replies

• rungirl27
    rungirl27 Posts: 32
    Options
    Finished day 7 first thing this AM. It was really tough today! I felt like I was out of breath from the get go and it was just really difficult. Not sure what my deal was.

I like No More Trouble zones and the other one that goes with it that is cardio..forgot the name. those are FANTASTIC workouts. Very tough but not short...they are long workouts.

I want to try cardio kickbox..have not tried that one yet. I ordered shred it with weights.

I did 6 pack abs last night and it was not that bad but I did not really enjoy it. I am not sore anywhere in my abs area today.
    I did not really feel my abs working during the workout either. A lot of awkward exercises.

Yoga Meltdown--it was definitely tough. I agree it is not really true yoga. I prefer my yoga classes at the studio. But it was a good workout and I may add it in from time to time.
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2... Add me if u want :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just finished with day 6. It's getting better, I am getting stronger and my commitment to it is increasing. Yay!:happy:

Re: cardio kickbox - I didn't mean to say it was funny- the funny was in reference to never putting my own music to it. Still it's good fun and not too long. Hope you can find it.

NMTZ and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism are good workouts for sure. I sort of turned into a wimp a while back and avoided anything hard for a while. Working on getting my mojo back.

Well done so far everyone! It's great shredding with you.
  • DJ31
    DJ31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 7 was still so hard for me. I'm hating Jillian, but she is good at encouraging me to stay with it a little longer. I still hate jumping jacks intensely, and the last lunge move with the raises. Those two really hurt! The good a positive news is that I feel better overall, and I do feel a little stronger. Also, my pants are sagging a little more, so that's awesome!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Day 7 was still so hard for me. I'm hating Jillian, but she is good at encouraging me to stay with it a little longer. I still hate jumping jacks intensely, and the last lunge move with the raises. Those two really hurt! The good a positive news is that I feel better overall, and I do feel a little stronger. Also, my pants are sagging a little more, so that's awesome!

Great job! It will pay off!
  • rethers
    rethers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll be finishing Day 3 today after work. I agree with DJ31, those side lunges with front raises makes my shoulders burn! Right now, I start out raising both arms then switch to alternating, then try to finish with both. Just part of working up to being able to do it all. I like this workout, it seems to go really quick. I like having this group, too. I hope we don't fizzle out. :)

I wanted to mention one more DVD that looks absolutely kickass. Bob Harper's PURE BURN SUPER STRENGTH. Holy crow - the second work out looks amazing. Perhaps when we've all successfully gotten through this 30 days, we can do another dvd together. Maybe do a little vote. An idea, at any rate.

Have a great day, All! I don't usually post on the weekends but I'll try so I stay accountable. We've got a big garage/basement cleanout to do for spring clean pickup next Wednesday. Dreading it but at least it will keep me off my bum and moving! :D
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    We cant and wont fizzle out! =] Were almost thru level one doing it every single day, missing a day is not worth starting back at day one! =]
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    day 8 dwn ! my knee hurts! ugh! i'm still giving it my all! :) so ?? we r starting level 2 monday ?????? no turning back ya"ll! we r gonna see results!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I'll be finishing Day 3 today after work. I agree with DJ31, those side lunges with front raises makes my shoulders burn! Right now, I start out raising both arms then switch to alternating, then try to finish with both. Just part of working up to being able to do it all. I like this workout, it seems to go really quick. I like having this group, too. I hope we don't fizzle out. :)

I wanted to mention one more DVD that looks absolutely kickass. Bob Harper's PURE BURN SUPER STRENGTH. Holy crow - the second work out looks amazing. Perhaps when we've all successfully gotten through this 30 days, we can do another dvd together. Maybe do a little vote. An idea, at any rate.

Have a great day, All! I don't usually post on the weekends but I'll try so I stay accountable. We've got a big garage/basement cleanout to do for spring clean pickup next Wednesday. Dreading it but at least it will keep me off my bum and moving! :D

The side lunges with anterior raises are tough for me too. I do notice that this time around, I have a bit more determInation and just do what I can do. When it starts to get really tough, I forget about keeping pace and just do 5, then rest for 2 beats, then do 5 more.... Alternating arms is a good idea too! Thanks for sharing.

Is anyone else starting to see / feel sexy strOng thighs yet??
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    My thighs still burn a bit from time to time but havent really noticed a change, but then again havent paid much attention to them! haha Having just had a baby the main part i focus on is my stomach. Yes monday morning we weigh in, measure, and take our level 1 pics and start level 2!
  • MrsGaff
    MrsGaff Posts: 42
    Options
    Days 7 and 8 are out of the way! Beginning to feel like I'm ready for a new challenge - dont get me wrong I still look like a sweaty red mess after working out but I feel like I could be more challenged now (check me out, it was only last week I was practically running away from exercise!)

Did day 8 today before the kids got up, great stuff felt really energised... then watched the whole royal wedding. Lovely stuff.

I'm doing rubbish on my calories - just one long big fat nightmare. If I dont lose I will certainly know why! Blah :(

On the plus side, my fiance said to me that I was looking really good, and couldnt understand it as I wasnt doing anything... so I confessed to doing exercises (I wanted to suprise him with lovely toned body after 30 days) and he said they must be working. So kudos to Jillian for a weeks work. Even if I keep swearing at her when shes doing the last abs circuit :p

Kristyn - March for Dimes is for premature babies, isnt it? In Ireland here so I'm not completely au fait... but fair play to you, very worthy cause. All my were premature, but my 2yr old was two months early, and my 7 mo. old was 3 months early. Pream babies and the charities that support them are very dear to me.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Days 7 and 8 are out of the way! Beginning to feel like I'm ready for a new challenge - dont get me wrong I still look like a sweaty red mess after working out but I feel like I could be more challenged now (check me out, it was only last week I was practically running away from exercise!)

Did day 8 today before the kids got up, great stuff felt really energised... then watched the whole royal wedding. Lovely stuff.

I'm doing rubbish on my calories - just one long big fat nightmare. If I dont lose I will certainly know why! Blah :(

On the plus side, my fiance said to me that I was looking really good, and couldnt understand it as I wasnt doing anything... so I confessed to doing exercises (I wanted to suprise him with lovely toned body after 30 days) and he said they must be working. So kudos to Jillian for a weeks work. Even if I keep swearing at her when shes doing the last abs circuit :p

Kristyn - March for Dimes is for premature babies, isnt it? In Ireland here so I'm not completely au fait... but fair play to you, very worthy cause. All my were premature, but my 2yr old was two months early, and my 7 mo. old was 3 months early. Pream babies and the charities that support them are very dear to me.

So glad your fiance noticed a difference already!! thats very motivating. And yes March for babies tomorrow is for premature babies. I was lucky with both my boys but so many others like yourself are not so i love to support them. And hey a walk that takes almost 3 hours is one heck of a calorie burner!! :bigsmile:
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of Level 1 finished - will do measurements tomorrow before starting Level 2
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    MrsGaff: that is an awesome compliment!!!! I see so many people on here who work so hard without people noticing yet.... I'm very happy for you right now!!! And, by the way, doing it on the sly is something I would do. I did that with c to 5k actually and only confessed once I was about 4 weeks in. Funny how we think that the daily changes won't add up until the final day, when "voila" somehow we just became smokin!!

I didn't exercise today. I did GREAT with exercise yesterday and proceeded to eat a huge meal of the wrong kinds of foods. I woke up today bloated and backed up and in pain.... And I'm pissed because the meal just wasn't worth it. I have DECiDED that "putting bad gas in my car" stops NOW.
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    one more day to go and thats level 1 complete. im really noticing a difference in my tummy area, although theres still loose skin my abs are firming up. looking forward to the results after 10 days of level 2, this dvd is awesome. lets keep it up girls x
  • MrsGaff
    MrsGaff Posts: 42
    Options
    Day 9 done. We are neaerly one third of the way through. I have to say, had I not been checking in daily and doing this in the company of you guys then I would have had at least one rest day (or given up) by now, so thanks for the accountability ladies! :happy:

last day tomorrow and then onto level 2...eep!

I decided to up the weights on the dumbells Ive been using so I did it with 5lb dumbells rather than the 2.5lb ones Ive been using and I really noticed a difference, I was sweating buckets! Felt like I got a lot more out of it.

Super motivated about doing better with my diet and calories now - I realised it is 3 weeks to the day of my sister in law's going away party... she and her boyfriend are going to Australia for at least a year and its going to be a huge, huge event, with loads and loads of photos :ohwell: It would be nice not to be hiding from the camera for once.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well Day 1 of Level 2 done.

It was ok, sweated alot more today so hopefully inches will come off more in the next 10 days.
  • rungirl27
    Options

I didn't exercise today. I did GREAT with exercise yesterday and proceeded to eat a huge meal of the wrong kinds of foods. I woke up today bloated and backed up and in pain.... And I'm pissed because the meal just wasn't worth it. I have DECiDED that "putting bad gas in my car" stops NOW.

This was me YESTERDAY!! Ugh! I was having a very stressful week and my eating got out of hand and I did not exercise yesterday.
    I blame the royal wedding because I watched that instead of working out. I feel very bloated today but I got my butt out of bed (this was sooo tough on a SAT to get up early but i had other things I had to to this AM so I had to get up early) and did 30 DS. It is still super hard for me. I have increased weights but I feel so out of breath the entire time. So anyway this was day 8 for me .. I might try to do it again today or twice tomorrow so I am caught up with everyone.

This workout makes me feel fantastic after so I need to stay focused on how I feel after.
    I am scared of level 2. Are there a lot of planks? Hate planks! (even though I need to do them)!!
    Missing a day is so NOT worth it. I felt like crap. I feel better today though.
  • rungirl27
    Options
    I have several of hers. Here are the ones I have and my review:

Cardio Kickbox: good video for a quick cardio workout that still tones. No equipment required. Fair sweat; Hi-med heartrate levels. Easy to memorize routine so you can put on your own music.

JM 6 Pack Abs: no review. Haven't done it yet. I'm skerred. :)

JM Shred It With Weights: Good and challenging. Weights required; preferrably kettlebell but I get by with a dumbbell just fine.

JM Yoga Meltdown: I'm usually not a yoga fan but this is not really yoga in my opinion. however, it is a very good workout.

Hi thanks for this. After Smiles review of the cardio Kickbox one as well, I thought I'd look at that. They don't do it here yet. :frown:

However, I can get the 6 pack Abs one and a couple of her other ones.

Day 9 finished for me. Anyone else a bit nervous about moving up a level :ohwell:
    Yes I am nervous about level 2!!! Has anyone does this yet? How does it differ from level 1?
  • rungirl27
    Options
    Okay I did 30DS twice today (since I missed yesterday). I am on Level 1 Day 9! One more day!