Starting Jillian Michaels 30DS Friday the 22nd! Who's in?

Options

Replies

• dennypup
    dennypup Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Y'all are doing so well! Last Thursday when I first saw the challenge I ran to Target to get the DVD but they were sold out. I went home and ordered it from Amazon so I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival so I can get started too! I can't wait!
  • MrsGaff
    MrsGaff Posts: 42
    Options
    Day 3 down and 27 to go! I found it easier today - still cant do those fecking push ups though, I'm rubbish at them.

These are my before pics (well, day 2) No laughing please!
    230411451.jpg
    230411450.jpg

And I know that mirror is dirty :blushing: had to drag it out of the garage as I have no full length one.

edit - ok, it doesnt want to let me post a photo? If anyone would give me the heads up on how to do so Id be grateful!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think you need to put img instead of IMG - but when I tried it it says the images have been removed.

Anyway day 5 done - can't stand the first lot of cardio - star jumps and jump rope - it about kills me. I'm finding the 2nd and 3rd circuits easier.
  • MrsGaff
    Options
    230411451.jpg
    [img]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/klthomas86/Weight Loss Progress/230411450.jpg[/img} hoping that works, if not Photobucket does not want you guys to see my tummy and I give up! lol edit - the lower case thing worked so thankyou!!! dont know why theyre saying its been moved though... its still there when I c&p. Ah well never mind![/img]
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    maybe just post your pics under your profile pics, thats what im going to do. Thats the only way i know to post pics. ANother plus only people that are my friends on here can see them lol
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    maybe just post your pics under your profile pics, thats what im going to do. Thats the only way i know to post pics. ANother plus only people that are my friends on here can see them lol

I think anyone can see your photos but only your friends can see your food diary.

Quick question - what is everyone logging this under their exercise as - I'm doing it as general cardio but the calorie burn doesn't look as much it feels :laugh:
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm logging it under circuit training and adjusting the calories based on my HRM. I normally come out around 250 calories burned at 5'2" 160 lbs.
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Whoops I meant I was logging it as general Circuit Training :embarassed:

mmm I reckon its under calories then as its only coming up as 161 I'm 5ft and 131lb.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So, L1D3 done yesterday. My thighs are killing me and hurt a LOT during all of the lunges and squat positions for the punches and things. It is getting easier though and I feel brillo after I do it. Well, after I heave myself to the shower and get rid of the big sweaty mess I turn into when I do the shred!!
  • DJ31
    DJ31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 3 didn't seem as tough to me as day 2 did, but then again I am so sore today. I've decided that I'm going to do my workouts in the afternoon. I can't get up that early and exercise before work, mostly because just laying in bed is so much nicer. I'm so proud of myself for making it this far, but I am following the easier moves, using the word easier very loosely.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Day 4 Done! Its getting easier, but i find its much better and easier for me to do it at night. I love getting up at 6am and getting it knocked out and done for the day but i lack energy in the morning and find myself moving a lot slower.
  • MrsGaff
    Options
    Day 4 done and dusted. I started this morning but only got five minutes through because my kids would not stop coming in and poking me. Did it later on though, I'm finding the strength things getting easier so I might increase the dumbbell weight for some of them. Feeling the burn a bit in my calves doing the jump rope one. I love laying in bed but think Im going to have to haul myself out half an hour earlier to get it done before the kids get up as doing it with them around is a nightmare.

I'm also doing it in secret :tongue: If I lose a fair bit and noticably tone up I want to suprise my fiance in a few weeks. Plus, I think I look like a prat doing jumping jacks so I think hed laugh his *kitten* off if he saw me! :laugh:

26 days to go! woop woop!
  • Relaxitsjstmolly
    Options
    I just started this morning. Wow I did not expect 20 minutes to be so hard! I didn't make it through the whole thing but tomorrow I know what I'm getting into so hopefully it will be easier! Push ups are the worst..
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    Day 4 Done! Its getting easier, but i find its much better and easier for me to do it at night. I love getting up at 6am and getting it knocked out and done for the day but i lack energy in the morning and find myself moving a lot slower.

AWESOME! :) I WAKE UP EARLY EVERYDAY! :) DAY 4 WAS A LOT EASIER THEN DAY 2! BUT I NEED TO PUSH MYSELF HARDER! DAY 5 CAN'T WAIT! GOOD JOB LADIES!
  • DJ31
    DJ31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to do a real push-up by the time I leave level one. If I had a short term goal, that would be it.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options

AWESOME! :) I WAKE UP EARLY EVERYDAY! :) DAY 4 WAS A LOT EASIER THEN DAY 2! BUT I NEED TO PUSH MYSELF HARDER! DAY 5 CAN'T WAIT! GOOD JOB LADIES!

Strangly enough, day 2 was hardest for me as well! Day 4 felt like i wasnt getting as much of a work out but i think its cuz i was still half asleep. The lunges are so annoying to me. I cant keep my balance with out with out shoes on! Not sure why???
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Day 6 done for me, I'm finding the jump rope (in circuit 1) the hardest of all the elements.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. I really wasn't in the mood this morning and grumbled a bit while I was doing it, but I'm glad to have gotten it in. Thank you so much for starting this thread. Knowing I've got company makes this seem like a greater priority.

I didn't take measurements but I took a photo this morning. Note to self, I'll probably wish i'd taken the measurements later, better just do it! :)

Great job everyone!

PS - to the poster who isn't wearing shoes during this workout.... why not? Any certain reason? I think my feet would hurt if I did all the jumping without my comfy sneaks!
  • rungirl27
    rungirl27 Posts: 32
    Options
    Completed day 4!! I had to wait until the evening to do it and it was hard. Getting it done early is way better! It makes me feel fantastic after. It is still super tough though especially teh first circuit. I have never loved doing abs but I love the abs on this dvd because I get to lay down. LOL. I also have the new Ripped in 30 by Jillian and I am tempted to try it out one day--level one. maybe mix them up.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Im insane, its official, just did the shred again for the 2nd time today. The lunges were bothering me, I coulnt balance and literally only did like 3 per side. Had the idea to try it with out arm curls and presto! Was able to do them all not getting off balance once! I hate to modify but i get far more of a work out skipping arms and doing all the lunges! 6am comes early and its day 5! Night everyone!