20 lbs in a year - Gonna pick it up now to the finish - Anyo

Options
"20 LBS IN A YEAR - GONNA PICK IT UP NOW TO THE FINISH - ANYONE ELSE IN?"

Hey! I just wanted to get my thoughts out there, in case anyone else is feeling the same way.

I've been on MFP for over a year, and I've only lost 20 lbs. Sure, slow is good, and all, but THIS is almost going backward! (Not really, but it feels like it.)

So I want to commit to losing the rest of my weight (41 lbs) in 4 months. This is really dramatic for me, since I've only, at most, lost about 5 lbs in one month before, but I am planning on making dramatic changes to my workout schedule and eating to get there!!

I'm gonna sweat sweat SWEAT, and love it! I want to up my workout time (about 30 mins/day right now) to 60 or 90 mins/day (with one rest day). I have committed to cutting out all unnecessary sugars from my diet as of 2 hours ago :wink: and I'm gonna stick to it! I am going to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs by mid- to late August, and get my tiny butt into a bikini before the summer is over!! :angry: (<-- my determined face)

If anyone else has or would like to commit to making this-once-and-for-all commitment with me, to go Gung-ho to the end with passion and gusto, let me know and we'll start a group! Or if there are just a few of us, we can friend each other and really push each other to cross that finish line (whatever that may be for you). :drinker:

Now... LET'S GET FIT!!!

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I am in Step. My only goal this year is to get to under 300 pounds. I am going to pick it up to get to 299 pounds by mid August or end of August.

I also have lost 40 pounds in a little over a year. I know I can do better, so I am committing to stepping it up. As you know food is my issue right now but I am getting it the groove and to stay in it I would love to join you! If I can get those weekends together I can lose 50 more pounds by the end of August for sure!

We can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lets do this, Steph!

I have lost 16 pounds since December - roughly a pound or less a week. My eating and exercise is definitely not perfect, but now I have some extra time on my hands so I can dedicate myself to being more active. And being unemployed means I really do have to be careful with food choices (no eating out, etc). My goal is 75 pounds total and I have 59lbs left to go before I hit it.

WOO! I'm ready!! :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well I added 2 more miles to my workout tonight for a total of 5 miles. I am not sure what my plan will be but I want it to be realistic and after reading this post. I realized I do need to up my cardio per day to 60 to 90 mins. So today I did 80 min in 2 workouts to give within my 60 min per day cardio.

Have a good week!! Let's really push ourselves. Whooohooo!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! We've got this! :bigsmile:

I know we can do this now that we're really put our minds to it!

I got 95 minutes of working out today. 60 was Zumba.

Mollie... I know a guy that lost over 50 lbs just by watching his eating, and walking 5 miles a day! Great workout! Stay in the food groove!

BFBeauty... I have a lot of time on my hands too, until I go back to school in September, so I know this is the time to work on me and get those lbs flying off! We've got no excuse! Sometimes you gotta turn the eating out offer down. I'm gonna be missing Easter dinner (buffet style) because I have an interview for a job. Work saved the day this time!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Yo are right on the eating out invites Steph!! I will be going to a family reunion in July and I have a convention August. So I have to be on point as much as possible unitl July 3rd. If I eat right and continue to exercise I know I can get to 398 by end of August or before then.

Keep fast foods out!! I am going to sleep on ways to get this done! Thanks Steph!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely no eating out for this gal! And yesterday after I saw how much sodium was in my canned food I nearly died! Thankfully, the Farmers Market is ramping up with good produce for the spring so I'm going to see if I can learn how to can and just make everything from scratch since I have the time.

I need to start running! I have no excuses for not getting outside other than fear... and SNOW. It is supposed to finally be nice by Friday, so I am going to start just as soon as the sidewalks clear - NO EXCUSES! :)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    As I was falling asleep, I was thinking of all the things I've been putting off doing, that I really need to suck it up, and just DO! One is working out before I log into MFP. I didn't achieve this today... I'm gonna write down all the little things like this, and try to do at least one of them every day. And then add to them, once they start to stick. Another one for me is to go to bed by 11pm.

What kind of things have you both been putting off that need to get done?
    Yo are right on the eating out invites Steph!! I will be going to a family reunion in July and I have a convention August. So I have to be on point as much as possible unitl July 3rd. If I eat right and continue to exercise I know I can get to 398 by end of August or before then.

Keep fast foods out!! I am going to sleep on ways to get this done! Thanks Steph!
    Mollie... Right! You're gonna be way ahead of the game by your events in July and August, that you will be able to choose wisely, or at least, know that you have made so much progress, that a couple days won't make or break you! (I'm working on that attitude now.)
    Definitely no eating out for this gal! And yesterday after I saw how much sodium was in my canned food I nearly died! Thankfully, the Farmers Market is ramping up with good produce for the spring so I'm going to see if I can learn how to can and just make everything from scratch since I have the time.

I need to start running! I have no excuses for not getting outside other than fear... and SNOW. It is supposed to finally be nice by Friday, so I am going to start just as soon as the sidewalks clear - NO EXCUSES! :)
    BFBeauty... Yeah... that soup. :angry: I always rinse my canned beans, so the sodium won't get me as hard. Sugar is more of an issue for me that sodium, so I'm working on cutting out the bad sugars. Canning your own foods is the best thing! My grandma used to do that, and she ALWAYS had tomatoes! Just grab a book on canning, or find some food websites. :bigsmile: As for running, I started the C25K, and was terrified to run outdoors, but there's nothing to worry about once you get past that first run or 2. I love running past other runners. They're really inspiring, and so friendly! I'm thinking to do for a run tomorrow or Wed, because the weather's gonna be nice here too! Get that run in!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As I was falling asleep, I was thinking of all the things I've been putting off doing, that I really need to suck it up, and just DO! One is working out before I log into MFP. I didn't achieve this today... I'm gonna write down all the little things like this, and try to do at least one of them every day. And then add to them, once they start to stick. Another one for me is to go to bed by 11pm.

What kind of things have you both been putting off that need to get done?

1. Do no less than 60 min cardio M-F and 45 min on Sat or Sun. I want to average 400 min of cardio per week.
    2. Eliminate all fried foods for now, not forever but for now and then eat very sparingly.
    3. Eliminate all fast foods for now also.
    4. Go to bed by 11 pm or earlier.
    5. M-F make my net calories 1200 to 1500 calories and Sat/Sun net calories 2000 or even less if no social outings.
    6. Like BFB said no more EXCUSES for me. I have been doing good but I know I can do better and need to JUST do it!

Have a good day ladies! We can and will do this!! Whooohooo!!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Excellent commitment Mollie! Great list! :drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks Steph!! I flipped this list in word so I can post it at home on refrig with my picture when I weighed 600 pounds and I am going to post it here at work and in my bedroom.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks Steph!! I flipped this list in word so I can post it at home on refrig with my picture when I weighed 600 pounds and I am going to post it here at work and in my bedroom.
    Awesome! That reminds me... I wanted to put pictures of people in bikinis in the cupboards to remind me of what I'm working toward, and a label that reads "TOXIC" in snack cupboard. :bigsmile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    After 2 strong days, my motivation was lacking a little today, but then my protein powder arrived in the mail as I was preparing to do Ripped in 30, and I totally did my workout, and the protein shake was great! :bigsmile:
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll finally have lots of time to spend on myself (just finished my undergrad science degree!) this summer, and I plan on making it count. It's been way too easy to put it off on account of school, studying, exams, etc. (or ruin any progress I'd made during exam period), but I'm excited to get this ball rolling.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    After 2 strong days, my motivation was lacking a little today, but then my protein powder arrived in the mail as I was preparing to do Ripped in 30, and I totally did my workout, and the protein shake was great! :bigsmile:

Good for you Steph!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll finally have lots of time to spend on myself (just finished my undergrad science degree!) this summer, and I plan on making it count. It's been way too easy to put it off on account of school, studying, exams, etc. (or ruin any progress I'd made during exam period), but I'm excited to get this ball rolling.

Welcome! What is your name? Congrats on your degree! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1. Do no less than 60 min cardio M-F and 45 min on Sat or Sun. I want to average 400 min of cardio per week.
    2. Eliminate all fried foods for now, not forever but for now and then eat very sparingly.
    3. Eliminate all fast foods for now also.
    4. Go to bed by 11 pm or earlier.
    5. M-F make my net calories 1200 to 1500 calories and Sat/Sun net calories 2000 or even less if no social outings.
    6. Like BFB said no more EXCUSES for me. I have been doing good but I know I can do better and need to JUST do it!

I have been doing great on 1, 3 and 5 so far. And the scale is moving in the right direction. I did 80,70, 60 and 60 on Cardio so far this week and have 90 more min to go to get my 360 min in this week. I meant to say I want to avg 360 min or more of cardio. 60 times 5 is 300, plus 45 would be 345 but since I said 400 I can do 400 as long as I take a rest day doing that much cardio. I don't want to bust my knees.

I know tomorrow I am going to have a fried food but I am going to work it in my calories for the day and I am going to go to gym and walk at lunch time to compensate for big dinner planned.

4 is definitely a challenge for me.

How have you all been doing? Holler!
  • paronomasha
    Options

Welcome! What is your name? Congrats on your degree! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Mollie! It's definitely a relief to be finished. My name is Asha. Well done on the exercise this week! Kudos on the time management. It's hard to get to bed on time, I find. Sometimes, the harder I try to get to bed by a certain time, the more things it seems I have to do and the later I end up going to sleep! Hopefully it'll get better!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I have been doing great on 1, 3 and 5 so far. And the scale is moving in the right direction. I did 80,70, 60 and 60 on Cardio so far this week and have 90 more min to go to get my 360 min in this week. I meant to say I want to avg 360 min or more of cardio. 60 times 5 is 300, plus 45 would be 345 but since I said 400 I can do 400 as long as I take a rest day doing that much cardio. I don't want to bust my knees.

I know tomorrow I am going to have a fried food but I am going to work it in my calories for the day and I am going to go to gym and walk at lunch time to compensate for big dinner planned.
    Mollie... You're doing fantastic sticking to 3 of those goals! (Please don't bust those knees!! :noway: ) Going to bed by 11 has been getting me too, cause I seem to be in my room at that time, but not going to bed. What's keeping you awake? You work those calories into your day! I've seen a lot of people doing it lately, and I know you will too! Plan that! The exercise will totally help as well!

paronomasha... What are some of the things that you plan to stick with to help you achieve your goals?

Where's BFBeauty?
    _________

I've been so good I'm shocked with myself really... I've been super limiting my sugar, and my only slip up was today with some ice cream, which was 1/2 the portion size (so I had a 1/4 cup - only 7g evil sugars).

I've also been working pretty hard, and aiming for 2 workouts a day, which I have managed to get on 2 of the past 3 days. I'm at 335 / 300 minutes (I'm going to up that weekly minutes goal), and 2430 / 2500 calories so far. I would love to be able to burn 3500 calories in a week. I think I've done that ONCE.

Thanks for checking in! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I've been so good I'm shocked with myself really... I've been super limiting my sugar, and my only slip up was today with some ice cream, which was 1/2 the portion size (so I had a 1/4 cup - only 7g evil sugars).

I've also been working pretty hard, and aiming for 2 workouts a day, which I have managed to get on 2 of the past 3 days. I'm at 335 / 300 minutes (I'm going to up that weekly minutes goal), and 2430 / 2500 calories so far. I would love to be able to burn 3500 calories in a week. I think I've done that ONCE.

Thanks for checking in! :happy:

Wonderful on the sugar Steph!! and workouts!! I know you will get to 3500 calories if you are working out twice a day dearie. Keep up the good work! We are going to do this you all!! Whooohooo! I actually can't wait for my weigh ins on Saturday.
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Excellent work with the exercise, Steph! 3500 cal/week would be phenomenal! What kinds of exercise do you like to pair together when you do two workouts/day? And congratulations on the half portion of ice cream! I have trouble with limiting myself to just one serving of sweets, so I'm avoiding them altogether for now. I'm hoping I'll be able to reintroduce them once I start feeling healthier and more confident in my willpower, etc. and then be able to have just one (or even half) a portion.

I'm just starting out, so I've only set a few goals for right now. I'll add once I get these down:

1. 8 glasses of water/day
    2. At least 30 min exercise, 4 days a week (I haven't specified what kind or intensity; for now, I'm just focusing on getting myself moving)
    3. When going over to friends' houses (especially since it's the playoffs and that usually involves chips, etc. while watching the games), bringing a travel mug of tea I can sip on slowly throughout the evening instead of snacking on unhealthy things
    4. Eating breakfast, preferably within 1 hr of waking
    5. Reflecting on my day in the evening and encouraging pride in the healthy choices I made

So far I've been successful with 2, 3, and 4. 1 is close. I'm usually getting at least 6 glasses, which is still better than before I started. 5 is the most difficult for me. Because I'm only in the beginning stages, I haven't seen any tangible progress and it's hard for me to feel proud about, say, the grapes I ate instead of a cookie or the book I read instead of succumbing to cravings, when it feels like there are loads more things I could improve! But I'm hoping practice makes perfect and that making myself aware of the good choices I've made will encourage me to keep it up and continue introducing new healthy choices.