20 lbs in a year - Gonna pick it up now to the finish - Anyo

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mollie and Asha!! :flowerforyou:

Asha... I've only managed to do the 2 workouts a couple times so far, but I did Ripped in 30 and Tahitian dance (it's like this, but the DVD is a little slower, with more variety: http://tinyurl.com/3dk59m2) in the morning (70 mins). Then I did stationary bike and belly dance in the afternoon (60 mins). The other day I did Ripped in the morning (35 mins) and went for a walk in the evening (30 mins). So I change it up a little bit.

Avoiding sweets is probably better (safer!) than having a smaller portion. If I make it look pretty, and make an event out of the meal (like sit down to eat it at the table, and use special utensils), it makes me feel better about the treat.

I really like all your other goals as well! Those are excellent places to start!! I kept putting off breakfast today, cause I got up at 6, and didn't want to eat that early. I had my ACV, and then came on MFP... All the while I was thinking about how I should be eating within that first hour! 6 cups of water is the minimum recommended for those who don't exercise, so even that is a good number to aim for. I use mega big cups and water bottles to trick myself into drinking more. Keep making those healthy substitutions, and praise yourself for them often! :drinker:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm in...what do I have to do?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rainbow!! Jump right in with what your goals are and how you plan to make it happen!

@Ahsa,
    Good goals and plans!! Keep up the good work and you can do it!

@Steph,
    Good plan for this weekend......:-) You can do it!

I lost 4 pounds today!! I weigh daily but I check in on Saturdays and Wednesdays!

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    My goals for this week:

Log my food daily
    Drink more water, no tea this week, no soda
    eXERCISE AT LEAST 4 MORE DAYS THIS WEEK.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello everyone!

How did you fair this weekend? I splurged calorie wise and paid for it on the scale this morning but I did not do too bad compare to previous weekends and this morning I went to they gym and had an awesome workout and to get in my 60 min of cardio I am going to walk at lunch time 25 more min.

I did not exercise this weekend but I did reach my 360 min of cardio goal last week with 5 min over and I did weights 2 days.

I am really proud of myself for resisting fast foods and it is not even hard since I have a handle on it now. Not missed much and making good substitutions.

This week my goal is:
    1.) To get to gym 4 days at least & 360 to 400 min of exercise this week.
    2.) Keep my net calories under 1500 calories.

Have a good week everyone!! And check in often. We can do this!! Whooohooo!! Yes we can!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    My goals for this week:

Log my food daily

You can do it Rainbow!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    My goals for this week:

Log my food daily
    Hi Rainbow!! Welcome! Those are great goals! WORK IT!! :drinker:

Mollie... Nice making up for the weekend. Congrats on reaching your minute goal! :drinker: I love lifting weights. I love that you've upped the minutes for this week!! Way to work it! Way to reach for healthy food as well! I'm so proud of, and inspired by, you!
    _________

One of my MFP friends is challenging people to walk/run more steps, so I am challenging myself to walk 10 000 steps/day this week. I did a number on my back from working too hard with a DVD :blushing: so the steps will be a good challenge, and I won't be hurting myself.

I slipped a little these past 2 days, but I'm watching it again today. This weekend made me realize that sometimes health is FAR more important than a day filled with sweets, cause I felt AWFUL!! :cry:

Your words "Consistency not perfection!" really helped me through, thank you Mollie. :flowerforyou:
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Well done on getting back on track, Mollie. While it's not ideal, holidays come up and over-eating happens. As Steph quoted, it's consistency not perfection! Congratulations on the minutes of cardio as well! Sometimes it's so hard to squeeze in those workouts. Also, would you mind if I friended you?

I'm sorry to hear you hurt your back, Steph. But I'm glad it's not derailing you and you've just modified your exercise goal. Way to go! How was your interview?

My weekend was alright. I stayed under my calorie goal (I tried to watch my mom cook and estimate ingredient amounts in my head, so I'm uncertain I was able to log the calories accurately--the scale went up a pound and half this morning) and exercised every day. One day I had so much sodium I felt like drinking a swimming pool, so maybe water weight is an additional reason for the gain. I know I shouldn't stress over this, but I did keep portions small and I did not overindulge (second helpings, binges, etc.) so I'm a little disappointed with the scale. I'm going to try to exercise every day this week; hopefully that, along with healthy eating, will compensate somewhat and I'll still see overall weight loss when I weigh in again on Saturday.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    doing good with my goals so far!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    good job ladies!....Keep it up...proud of you for getting your workouts in=o)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well I had fast foods today. Tomorrow is another day. Happy hump day ladies!
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Well I had fast foods today. Tomorrow is another day. Happy hump day ladies!

It happens; so hard to resist sometimes. Way to go on the positive attitude, though! A little junk food here and there is ok. It seems like overall you're doing really well. Keep it up!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you hurt your back, Steph. But I'm glad it's not derailing you and you've just modified your exercise goal. Way to go! How was your interview?
    Thanks. The back is better. The interview was not ideal. Good for you for staying under cal, and working out! :drinker: Ignore the scale. They know nothing. Like you said, sodium can affect if a LOT so keep on flushing it out.

Rainbow... Keep it up!! :drinker:

Mollie... We got your back! You had a great workout today, so no sweat... Well, lots of sweat. Great sweating!
    _________

I ate a lot of chocolate today, but I managed to stop myself, throw the rest into my sister's basket (:devil:), and get a great workout.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Dag nabbit!..I totally forgot that I was not drinking soda or tea today...then had the nerve to mix the tea with lemonade:indifferent: :sick: ..........well i'll try it again tomorrow.............hope you ladies had a good day...kepp up the super work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    doing good with my goals so far!

Good job Rainbow!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Dag nabbit!..I totally forgot that I was not drinking soda or tea today...then had the nerve to mix the tea with lemonade:indifferent: :sick: ..........well i'll try it again tomorrow.............hope you ladies had a good day...kepp up the super work!

Sometimes it takes a few tries! Old habits are so automatic. Keep trying!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    _________

I ate a lot of chocolate today, but I managed to stop myself, throw the rest into my sister's basket (:devil:), and get a great workout.

Lol! You could have threw it out unless your sister wanted the extra calories.......:-) Good job on you not eating anymore!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    _________

Lol! You could have threw it out unless your sister wanted the extra calories.......:-) Good job on you not eating anymore!

Good job for pumping the brakes on the chocolate...........
    Good Job showing support, Mollie!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Didnt drink tea or soda today......but I went waaaaaaaaaaaaay over my calories....guess this was my "cheat" day?
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Well done on getting back on track, Mollie. While it's not ideal, holidays come up and over-eating happens. As Steph quoted, it's consistency not perfection! Congratulations on the minutes of cardio as well! Sometimes it's so hard to squeeze in those workouts. Also, would you mind if I friended you?

My weekend was alright. I stayed under my calorie goal (I tried to watch my mom cook and estimate ingredient amounts in my head, so I'm uncertain I was able to log the calories accurately--the scale went up a pound and half this morning) and exercised every day. One day I had so much sodium I felt like drinking a swimming pool, so maybe water weight is an additional reason for the gain. I know I shouldn't stress over this, but I did keep portions small and I did not overindulge (second helpings, binges, etc.) so I'm a little disappointed with the scale. I'm going to try to exercise every day this week; hopefully that, along with healthy eating, will compensate somewhat and I'll still see overall weight loss when I weigh in again on Saturday.

U can do it! Let us know how it goes by Sat!