20 lbs in a year - Gonna pick it up now to the finish - Anyo

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Well I made it thru the weekend and I did pretty good. Not perfect but definitely no binges for sure. I will see tomorrow if I was able to maintian. May have to wait until Tuesday due to sodium and TOM. I usually have weight gain from TOM before he arrives, so I should be good.

How was your weekend?

Have a good week everyone!!
  • paronomasha
    paronomasha Posts: 54
    Options
    Mollie: Glad to hear you did well! Stay positive even if the scale isn't exactly what you want; like you said, lots of sodium and TOM and scales aren't always the best way to assess your progress or success. Also, I like the quote you posted.

Steph: I know what you mean about eating family things! Mine looks at me kind of funny when I buy/make steel cut oats, etc. It's nice when you can be on your own and in charge of your own food. Still, it looks like you're doing well! Good for you!

Rainbow: Sounds like you know what to do to get back on track and are doing it! :)

My weekend was surprisingly good. I was visiting my brother and nephew, which naturally involves less control over what I'm eating + restaurants (as well as limited access to MFP to log calories), but I'm pleased to say I didn't gain any weight! No loss either, but considering the circumstances I'm very pleased!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

Unfortunately TOM is here and I am up this morning but it is not phasing me because I know it is impossible for me to have gained 4 pounds with what I ate over the weekend so it has to be TOM. Hopefully my Wednesday I will have a good weight, if not it will be coming shortly.......:-) No worries. My TOM does this for sure but it is normally before TOM. I am going to keep on keeping on.

Happy Monday!:heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Mollie: Glad to hear you did well! Stay positive even if the scale isn't exactly what you want; like you said, lots of sodium and TOM and scales aren't always the best way to assess your progress or success. Also, I like the quote you posted.

Steph: I know what you mean about eating family things! Mine looks at me kind of funny when I buy/make steel cut oats, etc. It's nice when you can be on your own and in charge of your own food. Still, it looks like you're doing well! Good for you!

Rainbow: Sounds like you know what to do to get back on track and are doing it! :)

My weekend was surprisingly good. I was visiting my brother and nephew, which naturally involves less control over what I'm eating + restaurants (as well as limited access to MFP to log calories), but I'm pleased to say I didn't gain any weight! No loss either, but considering the circumstances I'm very pleased!

Thanks Asha and good job on maintain over the weekend!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Thanks Asha and good job on maintain over the weekend!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Good job with the weekend Mollie! No worries about TOM! Like you said... :bigsmile:

Thanks Asha. I'm doing alright. The past 3 days could be better. :wink: Glad you are also pleased with the weekend.

I really don't remember mine specifically, because it feels like every other day to me. :laugh: I'm excited about a road trip I'm taking from Thursday to Sunday, but I'm sad I'll have to stop working out for that time. I hope I can do a lot of walking. I don't know what my friend plans to do for 4 days, since I thought we could get it all done in one or 2, so if she plans on sitting around, I'm gonna kick it outside, and tour myself around.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I really don't remember mine specifically, because it feels like every other day to me. :laugh: I'm excited about a road trip I'm taking from Thursday to Sunday, but I'm sad I'll have to stop working out for that time. I hope I can do a lot of walking. I don't know what my friend plans to do for 4 days, since I thought we could get it all done in one or 2, so if she plans on sitting around, I'm gonna kick it outside, and tour myself around.

Enjoy your trip Steph!! I wish the weekends were just another day for me too!:ohwell: That is going to be my goal to make it just another day.:happy:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Enjoy your trip Steph!! I wish the weekends were just another day for me too!:ohwell: That is going to be my goal to make it just another day.:happy:
    Thanks! I actually do best on days that I have nothing else to do, like weekends. When I can just focus on me, all is well. Ya know... if you don't have things like family to take care of. :wink: When I'm on the run, I always eat more, cause I hate being hungry while I'm out. I need to pack more lunches for myself. I'm gonna be taking a lot of food with me for the road trip cause I canNOT spend anymore money, and especially not on eating out. :grumble:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options

great job!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    down .8 today....i can keep going!:drinker:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Keep it up Rainbow!! :drinker:

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Well done, Rainbow!

How was your roadtrip, Steph?

How are you doing, Mollie? I hope you have better luck with the scale this week, now that that lovely time of month is over!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey Asha, the road trip was pretty great! Lots and lots and LOTS and LOOOTS of walking. And the weather was so nice. It was perfect. Thanks for asking.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Peeps!!

Well I have had 2 OK days! I have been struggling and gained weight also. I reset my MFP ticker. True weight 362. Not going to touch my other ticker. I have an appointment with a new therpist Thursday!

Hope everyone is have a good weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey! I was gone for the weekend, and it was very nice. I think this thread is losing enthusiasm a little. Thanks you 3 who are keeping it going. Do you want to just post on each other's pages now, though? I'm sad to say, but I don't come here to post too often. :blushing: Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies! I'm Mallory, and I'm with you on going balls to the wall. I have 40 more pounds to lose and I want to look HOT for a vaca my husband and I are taking later this year. I'm curious what kind of routine you have--do you split your workouts into two sessions/day or do 60-90 min all at once?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi, ladies! I'm Mallory, and I'm with you on going balls to the wall. I have 40 more pounds to lose and I want to look HOT for a vaca my husband and I are taking later this year. I'm curious what kind of routine you have--do you split your workouts into two sessions/day or do 60-90 min all at once?

Hi Mallory!! Welcome!!

I hardly every have time for 2 workouts.....:-) You are a youngster so no matter how you get it in to it. If you can squeeze in 2 workouts that is awesome!!! Do your thing and congrats on medical school!!:flowerforyou:
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Steph: Glad you had a good time! I'm ok with posting either on this board or on pages, whatever works.

Mollie: Good job on the past couple of days and I hope the therapist helps you. I think you mentioned this is the same therapist as before? It'll be nice to have that continuity and history. :)

Mallory: Welcome! Sounds like you're very dedicated; good for you! I tend to do just the one workout because I get overwhelmed with time pressure, etc. if I try to do two. It results in black and white thinking, as in, "oh I can't do two workouts today so why bother at all, I'm not meeting my goal anyway." Basically I just aim for doing some activity at least 30 min/day (usually it's more because once I get started it feels good to keep going). Let us know what you decide/what works for you!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Asha... Maybe here is still good, cause we can all come to one common place, and I like that. :smile:

Mallory... Woo! Get going with that progress! You are gonna ROCK your vacation! :bigsmile: I try to do my workouts all together, cause I don't like working out in the evenings most of the time. Something that helps me stick to evening workouts, is waiting until the END of the day to log all your caloried burned, cause if I log after my first workout, chances are, I won't even think about doing a second one after that. :happy: Good luck!!

One thing I've been thinking of doing again, is writing a letter to myself about all the wonderful reasons why I want to become healthier. This weekend, being with my skinny friends ( :grumble: ), made me remember a lot of the reasons why I want to be on this journey. I love writing stuff down; it really helps me realize things better sometimes.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hey! I was gone for the weekend, and it was very nice. I think this thread is losing enthusiasm a little. Thanks you 3 who are keeping it going. Do you want to just post on each other's pages now, though? I'm sad to say, but I don't come here to post too often. :blushing: Hope you all had a great weekend!

Hey Steph,
    You don't have to post daily to be active. Post when you have an update, someting to share, report or vent. I don't think any of us can post daily. I know I can't. I just try to make sure I check in with you guys at least once or twice a week. I do the same for the other groups I am in. The only ones I check in with daily is the challenges for exercise.