20 lbs in a year - Gonna pick it up now to the finish - Anyo

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I am going to check this show out on line since I don't have cable. Thanks for suggesting it!
    I never caught it on TV, but someone was talking about it on here, and that got me watching... the first 4 episodes, at least, which were all that was there when I watched them. :wink: It's what inspired me to make a little count down calendar, which I try to only turn over after I have done a good workout. I've done nothing today though. :cry: I need to get on my bike!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    I hope you got on the bike tonight Steph......:-)

Anyways, just wanted to tell you all today is my 1st day under 1100 net calories and under 2000 too!! Whooohooo!

Good night all and Happy Friday!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I hope you got on the bike tonight Steph......:-)
    Nope... But I did do Ripped in 30. :happy:
    Anyways, just wanted to tell you all today is my 1st day under 1100 net calories and under 2000 too!! Whooohooo!
    As seen on my page, I really don't know the significance of this, but is sound great! Way to go?! :bigsmile: Your commitment is inspirational! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello everyone!

How is everyone doing? Well I did good on Saturday over the weekend and bad on Sunday. So yoyoyoyo I go......:-) But I am good and forging forward to under 300 by August.

Check in when you all have a chance!

Happy hump day!:flowerforyou:
  • paronomasha
    paronomasha Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello everyone!

How is everyone doing? Well I did good on Saturday over the weekend and bad on Sunday. So yoyoyoyo I go......:-) But I am good and forging forward to under 300 by August.

Your commitment is so inspiring, Mollie. I'm glad you're able to move past the setbacks (which happen, because we're human as you said in your update!). I'm so excited for you to reach your goal!

I, unfortunately, have not been doing so well. The last week has been disasterous food-wise, though I have been exercising ok-ish. I'm feeling additional pressure now because my dad's blood work came back with high sugars (and my mom has high cholesterol), both things I'd like to prevent from happening in my future. Also, medical school is fast approaching and I'd really rather not feel uncomfortable as we learn about disease prevention, etc. I think I'm just caving because I feel like losing all the weight I need to is a daunting task. So I'm shifting my focus to lifestyle rather than weight loss. More focus and praise for drinking enough water, for hopping on the treadmill even for just 30min, for eating breakfast, etc. instead of depriving myself of the cookie I want after lunch or berating myself for eating three chicken legs instead of two. I have to get back on the wagon, I felt so much better a week ago!

How are you doing Steph? Rainbow?
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Your commitment is so inspiring, Mollie. I'm glad you're able to move past the setbacks (which happen, because we're human as you said in your update!). I'm so excited for you to reach your goal!

I, unfortunately, have not been doing so well. The last week has been disasterous food-wise, though I have been exercising ok-ish. I'm feeling additional pressure now because my dad's blood work came back with high sugars (and my mom has high cholesterol), both things I'd like to prevent from happening in my future. Also, medical school is fast approaching and I'd really rather not feel uncomfortable as we learn about disease prevention, etc. I think I'm just caving because I feel like losing all the weight I need to is a daunting task. So I'm shifting my focus to lifestyle rather than weight loss. More focus and praise for drinking enough water, for hopping on the treadmill even for just 30min, for eating breakfast, etc. instead of depriving myself of the cookie I want after lunch or berating myself for eating three chicken legs instead of two. I have to get back on the wagon, I felt so much better a week ago!

How are you doing Steph? Rainbow?

Not bad today at all...went for a walk and stayed under calories today....weigh in tomorrow...let's see what happens=0)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this back into circulation. :flowerforyou: I'm glad the start of the weekend was really good. I always go back and forth too. I keep going from having 1 good day, then 2 off days, then one good again... But my favourite dessert, which I willingly made, is gone now, so I think I should be good for a while again. Keep forging along! :drinker:
    Asha... You're sooo young still! You've got lots of time to get healthy and make these positive changes, and get them in place, before you'll ever have to start worrying about things that MIGHT affect you when you're older. Having said this, we're still working toward August! :laugh: That's right before you go to school right? Me too. Keep seeing it as just one day at a time. Do what you need to do TODAY to get to your goals tomorrow (aka. the future). Changes will be happening to you without you even knowing it, but you will always be the person that you are "today". Even when that today is, say, next year. All we have is today! :drinker: You're gonna get there! Keep making great changes. I sometimes wish I wasn't a part of so many challenges based on weight, cause sometimes I just want to stop weighing myself all together. :bigsmile: Do what you gotta do.

I guess things are going well with me. As I said above, I'm back and forth with the good and not so good all the time, but I feel a good streak coming on again. :happy:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Not bad today at all...went for a walk and stayed under calories today....weigh in tomorrow...let's see what happens=0)
    Fantastic! What you do consistently is what matters! :drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good hearing from everyone!! Keep up the good work!!!

@Asha - Steph is right and with exercising it will help any extras like an extra chicken leg or that cookie. That is what it is all about. Finding a balance however you find it. Just keep trying until you find something that works for you and your lifestyle.

BTW - I was saved from elimination in the contest I am in! YAY!!! I maintained 348 and another person gained. That was close so this week I got to shoot for a loss and get this weekend down! i can do it!

Have a good day all! :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    BTW - I was saved from elimination in the contest I am in! YAY!!! I maintained 348 and another person gained. That was close so this week I got to shoot for a loss and get this weekend down! i can do it!
    INTENSE!! :noway: Work it big time this week!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/220582-20-lbs-in-a-year-gonna-pick-it-up-now-to-the-finish-anyo?quote=3154879

@Asha - Steph is right and with exercising it will help any extras like an extra chicken leg or that cookie. That is what it is all about. Finding a balance however you find it. Just keep trying until you find something that works for you and your lifestyle.

U CAN DO IT!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    up 1 .3 today::grumble:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/220582-20-lbs-in-a-year-gonna-pick-it-up-now-to-the-finish-anyo?quote=3154879

U CAN DO IT!

Thanks Rainbow!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

That is OK girl! You know what to do to get it off you. Let and go and forge ahead to a better week next week!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    That's totally fine. Just find out where you could improve, and work on that.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

That is OK girl! You know what to do to get it off you. Let and go and forge ahead to a better week next week!

Thanks Mollie=o)
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    That's totally fine. Just find out where you could improve, and work on that.

Thanks Pal=0)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!!:flowerforyou:

Are we ready for the weekend ladies?? Well I am ready. I have my plan in place and I am ready to execute it. I am determined to not gain one pound this weekend. I just want to maintain my Saturday weight on Monday morning.

My plan is to dance my butt off Saturday night and keep my calories under 2000 net calories both days and do a 2 to 3 mile DVD workout Sunday. What are your plans to stick it this weekend?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    "Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try." Write this motivational quote down and tape it somewhere you will always see: "Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try." If you failed once, do not give up: think why it happened, fix the problem and get back on track. This way you will definitely reach your goal. - Author Unknown-
  • Steph_135
    Options
    My plan is to dance my butt off Saturday night and keep my calories under 2000 net calories both days and do a 2 to 3 mile DVD workout Sunday. What are your plans to stick it this weekend?
    Great plan Mollie!! :drinker: I plan on staying around (/under!) my calorie goal and sticking to the Shred. I ate a lot yesterday and had no workout, so that's my cheat day for the week. Back to being solid with this commitment! Weekends don't normally trip me up cause I don't have a schedule like work or school that I stick to during the week (note: which is why I'm dreading weekends in September, but at least I'll be able to choose only my own foods, and not be tempted by my family's stuff).