Starting April 25th "T.E.A.M. Zumba"- Let's Go!!!!

Options

Replies

• vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    SO... can I still join? I should get my DVDs on Tuesday and will start working out on Wednesday! I am so excited to start! I feel like it will be a workout that I can actually stick with because I LOVE dancing and cardio!

Jump in anytime!!!!!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Workout #12
    Exhilarate dvd - 60 min
    burned 847 cals

That damn tango! I swear to god, I'm going to have to rewind and just do the damn thing until I get it.

Happy Friday everyone!

Yes the tango can be tricky! I plan on adding a tango to my class next week! And yes, Beto is nice to look at!! He is even better in person!!! I get to see him again in July!!! Woohoo, lol!!!:love:
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #12
    Exhilarate dvd - 60 min
    burned 847 cals

That damn tango! I swear to god, I'm going to have to rewind and just do the damn thing until I get it.

Happy Friday everyone!

Yes the tango can be tricky! I plan on adding a tango to my class next week! And yes, Beto is nice to look at!! He is even better in person!!! I get to see him again in July!!! Woohoo, lol!!!:love:

I will not be jealous. I will not be jealous. I will not be jealous.

I think I'm hearing zumba call to me as my new career choice! ;)
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Workout #12
    Exhilarate dvd - 60 min
    burned 847 cals

Happy Friday everyone!

Hahaha, you are so funny!!! You should totally get licensed!!! It is so fun!! If you are seriously thinking about it, talk to me...I'd love to help you out!!!
  • vox23
    Options
    Yesterday's workout
    Workout #13
    Exhilarate dvd - 60 min
    Burned 777 cals

I'm happy I made it through my workout because I stubbed one of my toes bad Sun night and now it's totally all purple. Don't think I broke it, but it sure it tender, so I had to really watch my steps.

Stupid house attacking my foot!
  • vox23
    Options

Hahaha, you are so funny!!! You should totally get licensed!!! It is so fun!! If you are seriously thinking about it, talk to me...I'd love to help you out!!!

I am not ready to enter into the field yet (waiting for my youngest to enter school), but I'm going to think about it for sure!
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    got back on the zumba train last night, went to my Monday Zumba class at the gym!!! It was good to be back, it had only been a little over a week but it felt like it had been forever. The classes are a little smaller lately, I think people are busy with end of school year stuff, ballgames, etc. I like it when the class is fuller, I feel like there is a better energy in the room and I get a better workout but it still was good.
  • vox23
    Options
    got back on the zumba train last night, went to my Monday Zumba class at the gym!!! It was good to be back, it had only been a little over a week but it felt like it had been forever. The classes are a little smaller lately, I think people are busy with end of school year stuff, ballgames, etc. I like it when the class is fuller, I feel like there is a better energy in the room and I get a better workout but it still was good.

I can't imagine a big group! I take up so much space when I dance by myself... I'd be bumping into everyone! :)
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #14
    Activate dvd - 40 min
    Rush dvd - 20 min
    plus a few min stretching, like always
    burned 790 cals today

My foot, or I should say my toe, was feeling quite sore by the end however, even though it doesn't look as bad as yesterday. Had to show my sister the rush dvd, because after doing exhilarate the last week or so, the activate dvd wasn't getting our hearts as pumped as it used to! She felt different about the rush dvd! lol!

Good workout!
    Keep it up ladies!!!!
  • jenomaha
    Options

I hear ya on class energy. When everyone is quiet, I don't work as hard, but when everyone hoots and hollers...I'm so into it ;) Ok, I do too many zumba classes a week to keep posting them...maybe i['ll do them weekly and put a weekly cal burn total instead. I also got my bodyfat tested today and I'm donw 3% :happy: woot!

Keep at it ladies!
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #15
    Exhilarate dvd - 60 min
    burned 711 cals

Took yesterday off from all exercise, on account of my toe. Though to be honest it was hard! I hate missing my bootcamps and I had to literally force myself to stay sitting after the kids went to bed... I always feel so guilty for an unscheduled rest day!

Anyway, felt okay today, just have to not pivot and bounce on that foot too much.

I needed a workout this afternoon, too. Have been having the worst day. I feel MUCH better now.

Whoever said exercise makes you feel better wasn't blowing no smoke!
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #16
    Ripped dvd - 70 minutes (replayed last two songs during 2nd portion of dvd)
    burned 739 cals

First time trying ripped dvd. They send you fun shakey sticks to use with this program, but they must weight only maybe 1 lb each so I opted to use my 5 lbs ones instead. It definitely made it more challenging, that's for sure. The disc comes in two portions, an upper body workout and a lower body one. I really REALLY enjoyed the second half where you use a chair for a lot of it! Super fun!

All of a sudden I don't hate the swing so much!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #17
    Exhilarate dvd - 60 minutes
    burned 807 cals today!

I don't usually work out on the weekends, which is stupid because those are the days I could really use some extra cals for the socializing that I do. Today, however, no socializing which is probably why I had time to workout. Something seems off about this cycle!

Anyway, hope you guys are working it at home. I'm feeling awfully lonely here on this thread!

Have a super weekend!!!!!
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Did Zumba Exhilarate Program the Mix dvd 60 mins burned 500 calories! Yay this is so fun

5'4
    CW 143

next Goal 139 lbs-- Weigh in Sunday next week hopefully i am closser to my next goal. I Hope to reach that in about 2 weeks or less
  • vox23
    Options
    Did Zumba Exhilarate Program the Mix dvd 60 mins burned 500 calories! Yay this is so fun

5'4
    CW 143

next Goal 139 lbs-- Weigh in Sunday next week hopefully i am closser to my next goal. I Hope to reach that in about 2 weeks or less

Isn't it though! Love Exhilarate (plus Beto! I mean, come on!!!)
    Good luck getting to your goal!
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #18
    Exhilarate dvd - 66 minutes
    burned 767 Cals

my toe is aching tonight. I think it's the tango that does it.

Night all!
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    45 min. zumba party on kinect, intermediate level!!!
  • vox23
    Options
    Missed a couple of workouts this week, but did the ripped dvd on Wednesday and Exhilarate yesterday. Going to measure myself today after my workout as I think it's been about a month since I started zumba. Here's crossing fingers!!!
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #21
    Exhilarate dvd
    burned 760 cals

It will be one month on Monday since I added Zumba to my daily workout regime so I thought it was time to take my measurements.

my measurements are now as follows

Upper chest: 38 1/2 (down 2 1/2" from 41")
    Chest 42 3/4" (down 1/4" from 43")
    Upper Waist 35 1/2 (down 1" from 46 1/2")
    Waist 40 1/2 (down 1 1/2" from 42")
    Lower Waist 43 1/2 (significantly down 4" from 47 1/2" though I have serious questions that this wasn't measured correctly a month ago. That's pretty impossible I think)
    Hips 47 1/2 (down 1" from 48 1/2")
    Thigh 28 (down 1" from 29")
    arm 13 1/2 (down 1/2" from 14")

To date, in the last month, I have lost a total of 7 lbs and 11 3/4".
    I LOVE Zumba, and try to do it 4 times a week, but I also do an outdoor bootcamp and add some resistance at home every once in a while.

This journey is so slow, but I'm getting there. Only 3 lbs to go to hit my first mini goal.

Keep up the great job ladies!
  • vox23
    Options
    Workout #22
    Mix dvd - 60 min
    Burned 728 cals

First time trying this dvd. Dances from around the world. Felt lost most of the hour, but just like the other dvd's, a few more times and I'll be only stumbling through a little bit! lol