5'2'' women !! (the short ladies!!)

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
Hey! I am 5'2'' and wondering who else is a shortie out there !

AND WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

I'm always wondering if I am setting my goal weight as healthy FOR ME.

Healthy weight for us = 110 -135 correct? Does anyone else think this is low?

I am 131 now and I just changed my goal from 115 to 125 - I am curvy and think I'd look silly that small - 110, really??

I know everyone is different - so what is your goals !?

Replies

• miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2! I think the goal definitely depends on your frame! I'm aiming for 110, but I also have a small frame and practically no bust at all, lol. Yay shorties!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. My 'vanity' goal is 115, but I'd be very happy to get under 130. I carry almost all of my weight in my hips/butt/legs, so I think i'd have to get below 120 to really see huge changes there unfortunately :(
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'2'' and wondering who else is a shortie out there !

AND WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

I'm always wondering if I am setting my goal weight as healthy FOR ME.

Healthy weight for us = 110 -135 correct? Does anyone else think this is low?

I am 131 now and I just changed my goal from 115 to 125 - I am curvy and think I'd look silly that small - 110, really??

I know everyone is different - so what is your goals !?

Yay! I'm 5'2 :) My goal weight is around 115-120, I'll figure it out once I get closer to those.
    I was 135 last year and still pretty overweight looking, so it really depends on how your body is proportioned and everything.
    I have a really tiny frame, and most of my excess fat is in my stomach area, so it makes me look bigger than I am.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I used to be close to 140 and I'm at my goal weight of 110
    Everybody carries it differently but I feel 110 is ideal for me. You just have to be at what feels comfortable for you, but that goal seems like it's a nice range.

Good luck on your journey
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 with a curvy frame. For now, my goal is 135. I'll see what I look like when I get there and decide then whether or not I need to lose more!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am 5' tall!!!! My healthy weight says between 98-128. Right now my goal weight is 125 but I have been contemplating going down to 115....I am not sure yet because I don't know what I will look like at that weight. I know what I want to look like and I guess I am just going to keep going until I get there. I think you will know when you feel comfortable and stay at the weight. You will be there soon!!! I am hoping to be 125 by August. Good luck:-)
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    I am 5' 3" and my goal weight is 130- that is what the doctor want me to acheive- I am now 175 and can wear size 14 and they are not tight. - I carry most of my weight in my lower half - I think if you are happy with your weight and can maintain it you would be at the right weight for you- there is nothing wrong with curves
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    5Ft 1 1/4" and I just joined MFP a couple of weeks ago with a starting weight of 135. I am pear shaped and while I was around 110 and under while in my 20's and early 30's, I think I would lose all my curves if I got that low again. My goal weight for now is 125, so I have some shape but lose some of that "I had three kids" belly and tone up my butt. I have a small bust and carry most of my weight at my hips/butt. I just turned 40 and have been working out hard and really getting into lifting weights and kettlebells so I am more concerned with measurements than weight at this point...although I'd be thrilled to be able to lose that 10 lbs!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 1/2 inch with a larger frame. I think the frame size has a lot to do with it rather than relying on the weight ranges. I would like to be 125-130 but I'm not sure that is going to happen for me. My doctor set my goal for 140 so once I get there I will re-evalute!!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 1/2 (on a good day) and my goal is 130. I'd ideally like to be 120-25 but 130 is the goal. I have huge boobies and I don't have a small frame. I'm more athletically built so i don't think I'd look healthy at 110. It all depends on your frame really :)
  • nereyda08
    nereyda08 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 110 :)
  • muskaan1234
    Options
    I am 5'2" also. See before I thought 125 would be ideal for me but now I realize it is not the number on the scale that should be the goal. Try to aim for a lean muscular body. Many women get turned off by that idea when it comes to exercise but lean muscles will keep u healthy and you will naturally look great. PS- women dont get bulky as men unless they take artificial supplements and muscles weigh more than fat does so while you might hv a six pack, your scale will probably read on the higher end. :) Try bodyrock.tv for great exercises.
  • RyanFiscus
    RyanFiscus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'5 here! Feel free to add me.:wink:
  • KellyEsparza
    Options
    I'm 5'1. My 'vanity' goal is 115, but I'd be very happy to get under 130. I carry almost all of my weight in my hips/butt/legs, so I think i'd have to get below 120 to really see huge changes there unfortunately :(

Ditto for me but I am 5'2". I'm 142 now and goal is 135 but I'd be thrilled with 120-125.
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 135. That's a weight I used to feel very comfortable at. According to every chart I've found that weight still puts me in the 'over weight" category. I'm supposed to be between 97 and 132 to be considered a healthy weight. Maybe when I reach my goal I will want to drop to 125-130...not sure. I was just always comfortable physically at 135 so I'm shooting for that atm.
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and a half

I try to maintain between 120 and 124, that feels right for me. I'd call myself slim/athletic but definitely not skinny. I still have plenty of curves.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    5' here, used to be 5'3" but shrinking as I age. I'm 146 lbs. 65 years old, had aortic valve replacement 4 1/2 years ago and doctor wants me to make my goal 130 and to eat healthier ( I'm a terrible sweet craver). He is who referred me to this great website.
  • smylex
    smylex Posts: 14
    Options
    Yay, shorties! =)

Typically, the Body Mass Index (BMI) for women is established as being 100 lbs. for women who are 5 feet tall, and 5 lbs. for every inch below or above that height. I don't make these guidelines, I'm just stating what's out there.

Obviously, there are other factors that come into play, i.e. bone density, bust size, etc. You'd be best off checking with your physician to determine a healthy weight range to be in for your body type.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently at 144 lbs. My goal is 125...but, I think once I get to that point, I might shoot for 115-120. I was 110-115 before I got pregnant with my first child 14 years ago.
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, I don't really know what my ideal weight should be but I am 148lbs now and aiming to get down to 122lbs, didn't want to set it too low, once I get to this weight I'll see if I feel I need to lose more, depending on how I look :happy: