5'2'' women !! (the short ladies!!)

Options

Replies

• hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    wow!!! i'm 5'2" spot on, and i currently weigh about 204lbs! but i started at 233 (after my 2nd child, but i've had my 3rd now, so my exercise was staggered a bit!). and i've never really felt fat!!!

the lightest i've ever been was 80kgs (about 176lbs), and that was when i was a uni student working 2 jobs (1 in a bar lifting crates up flights of stairs, and the other was nursing). and looking at pictures i think i looked scrawny!!

my goals are mainly exercise driven (i want to be a runner!!), but i'm keeping an eye on my weight. i want to see what i look like at 176lbs again, so that's what i'd like to see on the scales.

i'm a stocky build (thanks dad!), but i seem to carry my weight on my boobs and thighs. and my stomach. erm and my butt!! i'm just a good all rounder i guess!! haha.

i have NO desire to get down to 110lbs!! but i'd like to get into the 'overweight' part of the BMI!!! i'd love for my clothes to be a UK 14 trousers, and 16 tops. for me, that would be awesome!

Hey girl! We are almost samers! 'cept my highest weight was 247 - partially due to some major hormone issues after having my daughter, I was retaining about 20 pounds of water or something!! The minute I went off the pill I lost 20 pounds in less than a month (all WATER!!!)

I am 5'2" as well and my lowest weight in the past 15 yrs was 150 pounds, the year I got married (pics on my profile) I look back now and can see that I looked really healthy! I too am way CURVY - huge boobs (no matter how small I get) - but well proportioned, or at least I think so!!

So 150 is my first goal and then I'll go from there!! I've lost 42 pounds to date - 19 since joining MFP 12 weeks ago and I'm in no hurry! I'm going to do this the right way so it sticks!!! I know for me the weight that the charts say I should be at for my height would not suit me, nor would I be able to maintain that! I want to be curvy, healthy, active and happy - for myself and my daughter! My ultimate goal is to become a runner or a personal trainer (that was my goal before getting pregnant) - and as long as I'm healthy and LOOK healthy, I don't care what the number on the scale is!!!!!
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm short as well.... my goal is 115......
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly under 5' 2" and my goal is 135 (because I have a medium almost large frame and lots and lots of muscle). I haven't been below 140 in years so this is a challenge for me. I've always been overweight. But you have to start somewhere! :smile:
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 and started at 150.2lbs. My first goal was 125 lbs. Now that I've passed 125lbs, I'm in uncharted waters and unsure how low to go! I'm aiming for 122 right now, but I have 115lbs in the back of my head.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    5' 3" SW:182 CW:144 my Goal on here is 125 but i figure i'll get there and if i feel the need to lose alittle more i will cross that bridge when i come to it
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'2'' and wondering who else is a shortie out there !

AND WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

I'm always wondering if I am setting my goal weight as healthy FOR ME.

Healthy weight for us = 110 -135 correct? Does anyone else think this is low?

I am 131 now and I just changed my goal from 115 to 125 - I am curvy and think I'd look silly that small - 110, really??

I know everyone is different - so what is your goals !?

Assuming thats you in that picture?
    You look GOOD.
    Seriously.
    I do NOT look like that, and I weigh 123 right now. So, everyone's different. For right now my goal is 115. It might go down to 110; but not much lower, if any lower.
    Oh yeah, and 5'2.

THANKS
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and the weight range for someone my height, with a small/medium (borderline) frame is between 107-125 (average of 6 different charts) the average of that is 115...and MY personal goal is 112! I am currently 130ish.
  • mlconway
    mlconway Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'1" and my goal is to be 100 lbs. I always try to stay below 110, but now I've just decided to get rid of any insecurities and just lose a little weight! I have a small frame...I've always been a size 0 or 00....it really just all depends on your frame. I've seen girls who are my height and look much thinner because their frame is larger!
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" and started at 229. I am now 192 and am aiming for 150. My ideal weight is 102-137.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'' and 117pounds (159cms and 53kilos- had to google to convert). I don't really check the scales to be honest, just occasionally out of curiosity. I strength train 4 days a week and try to do cardio as well. When ı checked one of the scales that supposedly measures bodyfat % I was 19.5. I am hoping to decrease my bodyfat, and even just in the past week by trying to really tighten up my diet and focus on the weights I already feel/ see a difference. Sounds like you know what you are doing!
  • bootlebop1979
    Options
    Hello!

I am 5'2". Last weeks WI put me at 148. I would like to at least get to 135 and see if that's where I really want to be. I have curves too(big booty & breasts) which makes me set my GW on the high end of the "healthy" weight range. I am building muscle which weighs more than fat as well.

It is different for everyone. We are not cookie cutter =) Do what is best for you and makes YOU feel great!!! Feel free to add me and we can support each other on our journey!!!

Good luck!
  • annielarson
    annielarson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2. I feel so short and stout! 5 extra pounds looks more like 15! My current weight its 143 and my goal is 125. I have a hugee butt and carry most of the weight there! I dont think I want to get rid of it completely so 125 seems pretty realistic while still maintaining some curves.
  • aubreywygralak
    Options
    Hey everyone! Another shorty here- 28 yrs old, 5'2 and on the "heavy side". I started mfp in the beginning of May- at 221 lbs. I'm currently down to 209, with a long journey ahead of me. I'm hoping to continue losing between 10-15lbs a month....my short term goal is to lose a total of 60 lbs by the beginning of October.....when I go to Disney with my fam on our first ever vacation. My long term goal is to lose 90-100 lbs, getting myself to right around 120. I haven't been that weight since high school.
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    I'm 5', my goal is to be 105-110. My heaviest was at 136, all in my hips and thighs, not a good look
  • denisemichele
    denisemichele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot -even! Carry all my weight below the waist!! if I get to 130 I will be so excited-that is my goal!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    5'2", 144 now. I am not sure of my goal, I am a foodie and I like having curves, so maybe 120. I carry my weight above my waist.
  • Sistasarita
    Sistasarita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just what I've been looking for. I want to be strong and fast. BMI is where I want my real change to be measured. I am currently at 25.6%. Not sure how to decrease that number except to lose weight and weight train. I went from 107 - 149lbs with pregnancy 15 years ago. I have not been able to get under 130 since then. The major benefit of pregnancy, other than the baby, was the booty. I would like to keep my curves,slim my waist, and pack some serious guns.
  • fivekerr2000
    fivekerr2000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 4'11". My start weight is 137 and my goal weight is 110-115, I think. I will have to reevaluate as I get there. I carry all of my weight in my stomach, boobs, and thighs. I was 85 lbs. before I got pregnant (not healthy) with my first baby (she's almost 16 now and I had 3 more kids after her) and I had NO boobs at all....I would like to keep SOME of the curves, but definitely not ALL! LOL

Feel free to friend me....I could use all the help and motivation I can get from like minded people!
    Angie
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    ... I would like to keep my curves,slim my waist, and pack some serious guns.

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about...
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im 4'10 im aiming for 126 to start with as the weight i def need to get down to then hopefully end up anything between 112 and 118 depending on how it looks on me as i quite like the lean athletic look