5'2'' women !! (the short ladies!!)

Options

Replies

• rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2". I am right around 152 lbs and my initial goal is between 130-140. I will reassess when I get to 140. I have a medium frame, large chest, no hips or butt! I think I will be most comfortable at whatever weight where I don't have a jiggly gut!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 :smile: My goal weight was 103. I am currently about 98. I'm pretty small framed so it works well for me. HTH.

Dizz, you're such a little hottie!

My goal is to look like her picture, with my head on it...lol :laugh:

I am 5'2" also. Joined here at 130 because I felt disgusting at that size. I cried, gave all my 1's and 2's to charity and was wearing 5's, and they were tight. That pissed me off.
    I got down to 103 and had to buy a bunch of 1's again!:laugh:
    But the last month or so I have let myself go and crept up to 112 as of this morning. I am battling depression and binge eating. I have good days and bad days. It's been bad lately.
  • crinn40
    crinn40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Egads!! I'm 5'1 and my goal weight for right now is 165 :s I once weighed 102 back when i was 18, after my first 2 kids i was at 125. It was after my 3rd that i gained ALOT of weight. I'm going to be a grandma soon and want to be healthy and energetic for when my grandson arrives. In all honesty i'm worried about losing 60lbs. not sure why, but it makes me nervouse so i'm setting my goals 20lbs at a time :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2"!!! I have my goal set at 135 just to be out of the "overweight" category!!! I started at 180 but was even heavier when I had my kids 12 and 15 years ago! Currently I'm at 148.8 and am very happy with how I'm looking, but not quite ready to be done yet.. so another 12 pounds or so would be awesome! If I get there and my body is happy losing more, I'll let it, but if it's happy staying at 135, I'll be happy with that too!

Honestly, I haven't been 135 since I was 19, so anywhere close to that will be a major victory for me!!!! Imagine a 39 year old mommy looking better than she did when she was 19!!! It could happen, in fact, it will happen!!! I'm working out and running a lot so I'm turning my apple shaped body into an athlete which I never thought would happen.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    wow I did not expect that many people to reply! LOL.

and yes, i'm a strength instructor at the ymca (and have been for three years) and know the importance of weight training and that women won't get bulky!

and yes! number on the scale doesn't mean anything to a certain point! i would much rather be a lean and mean 150 than a frail, not strong 100 something!

thanks everyone!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    yeah!! good for you!!

and yes i agree i have 36D bust, so that throws off my weight a bit i think!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", SW 147, CW 142 and after having kids 6 years ago I was 125-130. My heaviest was 160lbs 4 years ago (I had a really bad year & a half)- since then I have been struggling with body image and weight loss. In high school I was 104-110 and athletic and now my goal is 115 to 120lbs. I just wanted to pop in and say good luck to y'all! MFP is a great place with wonderful ladies- all working hard and I am proud to be a part of the community! The motivation I find on here is making all the difference this time around, thank you all!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2-1/2" with a curvy, athletic figure... when I'm at an ideal weight. I'm a bit more top heavy - busty with wide shoulders. My goal weight is 130 lbs but I could probably go down to 123-125 lbs at the leanest. After my 3rd child, I reached 127 lbs, was very fit - lifting weights - and very happy with my size, shape, etc. I would love to be there again and that is my ultimate goal. I've also weighed 112 lbs (after my 2nd child)... in hindsight, I was too thin and was told so by several people. Lastly, if you go by your wrist measurement to determine the size of your frame... mine is large. Hope this helps.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and hourglass when skinny. 125 is goal, 120 is vanity; the difference will depend on how much muscle I have when i get to that point. Honestly just getting into the 130's would make me do the happy dance.

Oh haha, btw I'm not the dude in the pic, thats my man he's 6'3". Lolz now i'm laughing imagining him saying what i just wrote =P
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    5'2" here as well. My goal is 115 lbs. I weighed 114 lbs. for 3+ years between August 2007 and winter 2010-2011, and it was a great weight for me, I was slim but not scrawny, wore a size 4, and felt healthy and fit and comfortable with myself. I miiiight try to go for 110 lbs. once I get back to 115 lbs. but I won't go crazy trying to get there, if I can't it won't bother me, am just curious. I think I'd look/feel unhealthy at less than 110 lbs. so I won't intentionally go below that.
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 28 years old. My goal right now is to be 130 (my pre-baby weight), but it may change once I get closer to that goal. The pic on my ticker (see below) is me at 130 on my 21st bday/the day before I left for AF basic training. I'd like to get back there, but I think I was kinda "skinny fat". I mean I wasn't skinny, more curvy, but I liked how I looked back then. And I wasn't in shape at all. I'm hoping that I look BETTER once I get to 130 again because of all the working out I've been doing with my kettlebells! (I love kettlebells! lol)
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 110.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I was 129 I'm now 125 which still is fat to me !! :( my goal weight is 118 once I reach my goal of 118 and I like my size that will be my weight, but if I still look like a pigglet than I will aim for 115...
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I'm currently at 157 and wear a size 6. I am "big boned" and have always had a very athletic body type. At one point in time a few years ago I was 135, and everyone thought I looked like a skeleton, so for now my goal is 150, but will probably eventually aim for 145. For me it's not so much about the number on the scale, it's about being happy with my body....... Of course at times I wish I had smaller numbers on the scale, I get a little tired of everyone looking at me saying "you weight that much? No way!"
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5' 1 maybe 5'2''.. I feel i look best at about 105 or 110......
  • gingembre1
    Options
    I'm 5' 3/4", and starting weight is 145lbs. These days I fluctuate between 135lbs during the summers, and then always creep up to 145lbs during the colder months. I'm so sick of this cycle! My goal is to PERMANENTLY lose weight, and maintain it. My goal weight is around 120lbs, but my mini goal for the moment is 135lbs. The last time I was at 120lbs was in my teens, but even at that weight I was still curvy and didn't have sharply defined muscles. I have a big chest, and very muscular frame, so my really big, number one goal is to lose a cup size. That would be a dream come true!
  • kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my weight has been everywhere from 106 (last Sept) to 148 (Sept '09). Now I'm around 114. I look best around 106-108 but can easier maintain around 108-112. For me, maintaining less than 108 is nearly impossible and I get SOO bony. When I weighed 106, I was battling an ED and literally was cold ALL THE TIME and could not sit on stuff without a cushion bc my butt was so bony! hah.

The tough thing about being short is every pound shows...if you gain 5 lbs, it looks like 20! Anyways, I'm trying to get down to 110, but its just coming off really slow.

GOod luck to everyone :)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    wow!!! i'm 5'2" spot on, and i currently weigh about 204lbs! but i started at 233 (after my 2nd child, but i've had my 3rd now, so my exercise was staggered a bit!). and i've never really felt fat!!!

the lightest i've ever been was 80kgs (about 176lbs), and that was when i was a uni student working 2 jobs (1 in a bar lifting crates up flights of stairs, and the other was nursing). and looking at pictures i think i looked scrawny!!

my goals are mainly exercise driven (i want to be a runner!!), but i'm keeping an eye on my weight. i want to see what i look like at 176lbs again, so that's what i'd like to see on the scales.

i'm a stocky build (thanks dad!), but i seem to carry my weight on my boobs and thighs. and my stomach. erm and my butt!! i'm just a good all rounder i guess!! haha.

i have NO desire to get down to 110lbs!! but i'd like to get into the 'overweight' part of the BMI!!! i'd love for my clothes to be a UK 14 trousers, and 16 tops. for me, that would be awesome!
  • SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'2'' and wondering who else is a shortie out there !

AND WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

I'm always wondering if I am setting my goal weight as healthy FOR ME.

Healthy weight for us = 110 -135 correct? Does anyone else think this is low?

I am 131 now and I just changed my goal from 115 to 125 - I am curvy and think I'd look silly that small - 110, really??

I know everyone is different - so what is your goals !?

Assuming thats you in that picture?
    You look GOOD.
    Seriously.
    I do NOT look like that, and I weigh 123 right now. So, everyone's different. For right now my goal is 115. It might go down to 110; but not much lower, if any lower.
    Oh yeah, and 5'2.
  • missana221
    missana221 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" but I have a big bone structure so my healthy weight is 140-150!