5'2'' women !! (the short ladies!!)

Options

Replies

• tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well..and as much as i love being short, it's a bit annoying that the fat doesnt have too far to go haha. my goal weight is 140. i have a rather large chest and wide upper back so i think I would look ridiculous at the 110-120 range. however, i think you should make your goal based on your body shape and at the weight you feel the most confident. if i am happy with how i look before i reach 140, i'll stop there and try to maintain :)
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 and 1.5 inches I have a large frame, my goal is 145 for right now, once I get there I will see if I need to lose more. I wanna still have curves!
  • 05Oaks
    05Oaks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and have just began using this site. My ultimate goal would be to weigh 135. In my long ago past I was at that weight and if I go much lower I look ill and you could start o see bones in my chest.That goal is a long way away. I will be so happy with little goals met. I have lost 3 lbs and I feel thats a great start. I actually began this because I was feeling ill and wanted to see what my ACTUAL nutrition intake was. Amazingly I found it was VERY inadequate. I was only eating about 700 cal a day and even that was not always the best foods. Its wierd to think i will have to eat MORE to lose more. Its also amazing to see that I am 187 lbs from NOT taking care of ME. Its a new day !!
  • hannahbaby417
    Options
    I'm 5'2". SW was 155, CW is 146, and my GW is 125-130. I want to go back to a size 4 pant (haven't been there since high school) but I don't want to lose my curves. I have a rather large chest and surprisingly enough- none of it has disappeared with my weight loss. I would love to be friends with all of you petite ladies. It's hard being overweight and short and we need all of the support we can get : )
  • Skwittchow
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a medium frame. I currently weigh 125 and my goal weight is 115. I was 110 a couple years ago and even though it's only 5 pounds less than my goal weight, I felt I was too skinny. I lost my curves and a lot of people said I was too small. I feel best at 115 because I still have my curves, but my face, arms, and thighs are much smaller than they are now at 125.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    awesome replies to this thread! I posted this so long ago :)
    This has really helped me decide that my goal weight doesn't really matter as long as it's in the healthy range and body frame makes a HUGE difference. (I already knew these things, but needed them pounded into my head) haha.
    Thanks everyone!

My original goal weight was 125 and I am now 122 and was wanting to change it to 115. but I think I will be happy with around 120 whatever and focus more on body fat percentage now :)
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal weight is 135, or around 130. I was this weight a few years ago and thought I looked good, but it was SO HARD for me to keep! I don't know what some of these charts are talking about with that being overweight for me still. And despite being active and into fitness I don't think I have the muscle to justify that #. All I can say is, I don't like being too small and I don't like the look of adult women who are too small. Not trying to upset anyone ) : Just my opinion, I think adults should have curves. And from what I read men are programmed to be attracted to a small waist/large hip ration when they're older. So it works for me ( ; I can add when I was below 130 people would ask me if I had an eating disorder b/c it looked bad on me.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and at my heaviest I was about 150. My ultimate goal is to get to 110, which was the weight I was in high school. But right now I'll be happy with 120-125. So you're goal weight doesn't seem unhealthy. I think what really matters is how you feel at a certain weight. If you are happy with how you look then great! Good luck with everything you do!!
  • jhutchie
    Options
    I am 5'2 and am 99-101 pounds. My goal is 85 pounds.
  • LethalBeauty
    Options
    im 5ft 1 and currently 110lbs. though to be honest id want to weigh 10lbs lighter. im the heaviest in my family. my mom and older brother are taller than me and weigh less. its really different for everyone, some people can pull off being really thick and soo beautiful. i cant pull it off though because my weight isnt distributed evenly. i have a lot of weight that likes to stay on my upper half. :( i dont like having an apple shaped body. id rather hourglass or pear. but nope, im stuck with the one id want the least :/
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 20 yrs old. My current weight is 142. I want to get to 125 and then see if i want to go any smaller. I wear a size 10-12 jeans.. i have no idea what my jean size will be when i am skinnier lol cause i have pretty wide hips. Anyone else have wide hips and like 120-125 ?what size jeans do you wear?. stupid question i know but it just makes me wonder lol
  • Dex16
    Dex16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4'11" here. I am aiming to get down between 115 and 125. I have a medium size frame so I look like a little kid if I go below 115 and heavy if I am over 125....being heavy up top doesn't help much either. :wink:
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    wow!!! i'm 5'2" spot on, and i currently weigh about 204lbs! but i started at 233 (after my 2nd child, but i've had my 3rd now, so my exercise was staggered a bit!). and i've never really felt fat!!!

the lightest i've ever been was 80kgs (about 176lbs), and that was when i was a uni student working 2 jobs (1 in a bar lifting crates up flights of stairs, and the other was nursing). and looking at pictures i think i looked scrawny!!

my goals are mainly exercise driven (i want to be a runner!!), but i'm keeping an eye on my weight. i want to see what i look like at 176lbs again, so that's what i'd like to see on the scales.

i'm a stocky build (thanks dad!), but i seem to carry my weight on my boobs and thighs. and my stomach. erm and my butt!! i'm just a good all rounder i guess!! haha.

i have NO desire to get down to 110lbs!! but i'd like to get into the 'overweight' part of the BMI!!! i'd love for my clothes to be a UK 14 trousers, and 16 tops. for me, that would be awesome!

people have revived this post, and i wrote on it last year! this is what i wrote ^^^. and this is what i did! i'm now between 78-80kgs (170-176lbs). i have collarbones! i wear a UK size 14. and i run marathons! i'm so pleased i found this- my weight has not shifted for nearly a year and it's been really great to reflect on what i wanted to achieve, and knowing that i've done it. i'm pretty content with my current shape/size. but i would like to lose another 14lbs or so, just to see how it would look. but there's no worry about that because if i cant lose weight marathon training, i doubt i'm going to shift much when training finishes in 2 weeks time!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    5'2", 144 now. I am not sure of my goal, I am a foodie and I like having curves, so maybe 120. I carry my weight above my waist.

So, that's where I was a year and a half ago. I'm in a goal range of 115-119 - don't want to be in the 120s, don't want to be too thin. I have a 25 in waist. My boobs are smaller, but still ample.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    5 2 here... my GW is 120, im 138 now and all my family is telling me already that I look skinny.. no way!, my BMI its not healthy yet! (2 more pounds!), so I will continue with this till I achieve 120, which stills a healthy weight for me.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and am 99-101 pounds. My goal is 85 pounds.

seriously?..... too low, and not healthy at all.
  • mommy3fit
    mommy3fit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1. I weigh 150 now but my goal weight is 120-125. Short girls rock!!
  • LorMuldoon81
    LorMuldoon81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and currently 146lbs (size 14 uk), this is the heaviest ive ever been....even after having my 2 kids I wasnt this size..... However, I recently went through a traumatic event and i've put on nearly a stone and a half.

My idea weight would be to get down to 8 and a half stone....This means I need to lose around 20lbs. I do think that if I got to this, id look absolutely tiny....but it would take me out of the BMI overweight bracket. I guess i'll just see how im doing on the way there and if I get to a size that im happy with, then i'll work on maintaining it.

Would love to add some of you on here that have been using and losing for a while, as im keen to see how you do it. Please add me! :bigsmile:
  • Hi - I'm 5'2'' too! I'm going for 117 pounds (I live in the UK so we'd say 8 and a half stone). Haven't had a great day today but I'm trying to stay motivated! Good luck to all the short girlies out there! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    I am 4'11 and 1/2 " (gotta be exact right? lol) and right now I'm 105, which was my first goal...I'm a size 2 and some 0s are fitting me. I have 6 more vanity lbs. to lose which would get me to 99 lbs...for me, super skinny. At that weight size 0s would be comfortable and even loose. I'm debating on it because when you're that small it's hard to find clothes that fit and look good without shopping in the kids' section!! My heaviest weight was 135 which was way too heavy for my frame, and only 3 lbs. less than I weighed 9 months pregnant with both my children. I feel pretty good between 105-110.