5'2'' women !! (the short ladies!!)

Options

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well! My goal weight for now is 130. Will reevaluate when I get there! :smile: I definitely agree with everyone else and it's all individualized as far as what each person's weight should be. Just be happy with yourself!!! :bigsmile:
  • jrich6
    jrich6 Posts: 26
    Options
    Almost all of my friends are shorties. We all have lots of advice and support for each other. Feel free to add me and I'm sure they wouldn't mind another shrimp friend requesting them too! My goal was originally 115, but I've lowered it to 110. I'm 119 now and as I get closer to my goal I may want to change it again! I think the more weight you lose the more you'll become comfortable with a small sounding goal. (if that made sense) I build muscle rather easily, so I don't think I run the risk of having that "too skinny" look. :)

Jenna
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3". My goal weight is 125. I carry most of my weight in my hips, thigh and butt. I think at 125 I will still have some curves, but look fairly good. I am also almost flat chested so I got to keep some curves. LOL!
  • jenni0728
    Options
    I am 5' 2". I looked very heavy at 144. My original GW was 120. I am currently at 121 lbs and think I can afford to loose a little more and not be considered too skinny, so I have revised my weight loss goal to 115 lbs.
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft and 3/4 of an inch lol my weight goal is 100-105lbs.
  • carolopal
    Options
    I'm 5'2" too!! When I started this weight loss journey several months ago I was 163.5 and am now 154. I would love to be 120 but at 56 years old and having had 2 kids I would be satisfied at 130. All during my teens and 20's I was around 100 but slowly gained weight each year and really picked up speed the past 10 years. I was watching some home videos of myself from 10 years ago and can't believe I actually looked skinny.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" 109 pounds and fortunately still curvy. My goal is to tone or build more muscle while keeping my curves and to stay between 105 and 110.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm going to go off the wall and suggest you find a place where you can measure your body fat %age (Either Bio-Electrical Impedance or Skinfold Measurements).

Most quality gyms offer this type of consultation (I know as I did them on people every day).

I suggest this because your scale can't tell the difference between a fit person and an unfit person, based on the fact that lean mass is more dense than fat mass.

Eg. Someone who is 5"2 and 125lb could be extremely athletic (Gymnast for example who might be quite only 12% BF) or could be carrying some extra "junk in the trunk" (for lack of a better term off the top of my head), and might weigh in at say 30% Body fat.

To the scale, each person will "weigh" the same, but they won't look the same by any means.

You'll find what's right for your frame. It's all part of the long-term committment! :-)

Cheers!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    5' 2" isn't short! LOL
    I'm 4' 10" and figured I'd have to take action when I realised I was well above 10 stone*.
    Right now I'm about 138lb, and my target weight is 119lb (8 1/2 stone). I have been as low as 7 1/2 stone (105lb) but as I carry most of my weight on my hips that left my upper body and face positively skeletal.

If I can get to 119lb I'll be able to wear my favourite clothes again, anything under that would just be a bonus. :)

*Note to Americans, there are 14lb in a British Stone, so 10 stone is 140lb. One hundred and forty pounds doesn't sound much of a milestone, but going from 9 stone something to TEN stone something, was a big wake up call for me.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5' 1" and my goal is anywhere from 125 and below. I don't want to loose all of my boobs and tush.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5' and started out at 197 pounds. I'm around 135 now and I'd love to get down to 120, but for now will be happy enough at 125, if I can maintain it (the tricky part)!
    -LP
  • amzahn
    amzahn Posts: 5
    Options
    I, too, am 5'2". Unfortunately, I have a lot more weight to lose. I am small framed and always looked good at 110lbs. Of course, I haven't been there since the 80s. LOL Anyhoo, now with Grammyhood, mental pause, and quitting smoking a year ago, the pounds have piled on. I hope to at least take the weight down to 125 or 130. We will see what happens. :)
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    I am 5'2'' , I look slim under 120,about 115 would be my ideal weight. Above that it's just too much "junk in the trunk" for my liking (I carry most of my weight in my lower body). That's where I want to be. don't know if or when I'll get there., I'm about 133 now.

This time around I'm doing strength training, so maybe I'll look the way I want to at 120, and not have to lose anymore weight.
  • shana8577
    shana8577 Posts: 10
    Options
    I 5'1", my goal weight is 97 lbs.. I have never been that small, but I can try, I'd be happy with any 1 digit pants size.
  • SexyPants7997
    Options
    I am 5 foot 1 and I have lost 80 pounds since Jan of last year.. My initial long term goal is 110. The smallest I've ever been..pre-first baby weight... (and I have 5 LOL) is 125. I am small waisted, with a big bootay... haha... if I get to a point that I feel I would look ridiculous if I got any smaller then I will stop before then.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 147lbs (size 8).

I have a larger frame and an athletic/curvy physique, so my current goal is to get down to a size 6. However, I'm happy with my shape so I'm working on trading fat for muscle buy doing weight training 3 days a week. I know there is a huge possibility I won't drop many pounds (if any), and that's okay with me. I'd rather be a svelte size 6/8 than a flabby size 4.
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im not 5'2 but I am 5'3 and my goal weight is 140. I carry my weight pretty evenly so at 140 most ppl think Im smaller than I am (or they used to when I was that size). The last time I got down to 168 people thought I was too skinny which I think was mostly because I had been heavier for so long by that point. My goal may change when I get closer but right now thats my final goal.
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and was always around 115-120lbs when I was in my 20s, which was basically a size 4. Now, in my mid- to- late 30s, I am setting my goal at 130 or a size 6. My bust throws off my weight a bit... D-cup. lol
    I reached my heaviest at 169 and a size 12 (with no wiggle room). My friends would sweetly say "But you've had 3 kids...". However, my goal is for people to look at me and say "Damn, she had 3 kids?!?" hehe
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 :smile: My goal weight was 103. I am currently about 98. I'm pretty small framed so it works well for me. HTH.
  • locomotion
    Options
    I'm 5 foot even.. currently at 125, aiming for 100 which is the lower end of my healthy weight range.