Intermittent Fasting Support Group?

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    how I know my ghrelin has well and truly reset to this schedule: not hungry until 1-2ish each day. Mega hungry at about 9pm even after a decent dinner :tongue: Housemates must think I'm such a piggy eating the amount I do at night hehe.
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    @Chris - that is so funny! i can just imagine them thinking how the hell does he stay so lean when he pigs out at this time of the night?? LOL

Well, I couldn't help myself and asked a trainer, whilst doing my weights session, if he was open minded. He obviously said yes and then I asked him if he knew about IF. I thought I would see smoke coming out of his ears and expecting him to bash it BUT he calmly said he did and the Chinese had been doing it for years because they believe that digestion takes up energy and something to do with the Qi. Well, I was a bit taken aback and I had a little chat to him about this. Very little chat as I had to concentrate on what I was doing!! LOL He said he sometimes does miss breakfast more by accident then on purpose and likes to see how far he can push his hunger. He is into body building, so I gave him the website to LG.

Now, I would NEVER have thought someone who works in the fitness industry to actually believe in this, considering it isn't the normal way of eating that they tell you about.

Makes me that little bit happier in doing this (not that his approval made it a yes or a no).

Bring it on!!
  • MsMonny
    Options
    Sorry, I was meant to say thanks to the people replying to my post about PMT hunger. I am really happy to know that it is do-able. I can't wait to see what happens when it hits me. I think I might start this AFTER that TOM as I will have more energy and be able to go for longer without food.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    @Chris - that is so funny! i can just imagine them thinking how the hell does he stay so lean when he pigs out at this time of the night?? LOL

Well, I couldn't help myself and asked a trainer, whilst doing my weights session, if he was open minded. He obviously said yes and then I asked him if he knew about IF. I thought I would see smoke coming out of his ears and expecting him to bash it BUT he calmly said he did and the Chinese had been doing it for years because they believe that digestion takes up energy and something to do with the Qi. Well, I was a bit taken aback and I had a little chat to him about this. Very little chat as I had to concentrate on what I was doing!! LOL He said he sometimes does miss breakfast more by accident then on purpose and likes to see how far he can push his hunger. He is into body building, so I gave him the website to LG.

Now, I would NEVER have thought someone who works in the fitness industry to actually believe in this, considering it isn't the normal way of eating that they tell you about.

Makes me that little bit happier in doing this (not that his approval made it a yes or a no).

Bring it on!!

Thankyou for posting this! SO nice to hear it's getting out there. I know my PT would probably smack me...lol.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Bring it on!!

My gym has things posted on the wall like how important it is to eat every three hours, skipping breakfast is horrible and diet soda makes you fat. I pretty much go against everything they believe in there and honestly don't like the environment much. Funny thing is , I am in better shape than the trainers there that preach this stuff.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options

Bring it on!!

My gym has things posted on the wall like how important it is to eat every three hours, skipping breakfast is horrible and diet soda makes you fat. I pretty much go against everything they believe in there and honestly don't like the environment much. Funny thing is , I am in better shape than the trainers there that preach this stuff.

:happy: :drinker:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing.

I had jury duty the last 2 days and paid NO attention to my diet and made bad choices.

Today was my first day back on IF and the morning went great, no light head, no fuzzy brain. I started eating at 11:30 am and just finished now at 8 pm. I have my calories set at 1660 and I have 226 left over today and I am not hungry!

This is HUGE because I NEVER ever have calories left over, as a matter of fact I usually eat a little over calories every day! If this keeps up I might lower my calorie goal a little.

I'm very pleased with IF so far. Such a simple thing yet so effective. Why oh why didn't I think of this myself and SOONER?
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I will admit I did not read every single thing posted and i am not sure my question was answered already.
    Is it necessary to fasten every day or is there a limit of days one should fast?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    ese: not every day!

leangains: everyday is fine.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing.

I had jury duty the last 2 days and paid NO attention to my diet and made bad choices.

Today was my first day back on IF and the morning went great, no light head, no fuzzy brain. I started eating at 11:30 am and just finished now at 8 pm. I have my calories set at 1660 and I have 226 left over today and I am not hungry!

This is HUGE because I NEVER ever have calories left over, as a matter of fact I usually eat a little over calories every day! If this keeps up I might lower my calorie goal a little.

I'm very pleased with IF so far. Such a simple thing yet so effective. Why oh why didn't I think of this myself and SOONER?

Yay! So happy for you! :)
  • Alloranx
    Alloranx Posts: 51 Member
    Options

All we ever hear growing up, and in the fitness world, is that it's terribly unhealthy if we don't eat every few hours. It's a shame, since that isn't based on any actual facts, its just that most people can't deal with hunger. That's what I like best about fasting: I feel like I am in almost complete control of my hunger now. I am the boss of my stomach and not the other way around. I think it's that confidence that will allow me to keep myself from ever getting overweight again.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I am online wanting to order some BCAA tabs. I always order my vitamins, etc... from www.Swansonvitamins.com. Any recommendations?

How many mg?
    All aminos includitng L-Glutamine? Some only have the 3.
    tabs or powder?
    Brand suggestion or doe sthat matter?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I am online wanting to order some BCAA tabs. I always order my vitamins, etc... from www.Swansonvitamins.com. Any recommendations?

How many mg?
    tabs or powder?

see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378346-omg-powdered-bcaa-s-taste-like-crap-aahhhh

powder is much better. Tabs I got are 500mg. Martin recommend 10g per serve ie. 20 tablets. Of you can get poweder and have 2 tsbpns. MUCH quicker and easier.

If it dissolves in water well then they are not good BCAA's. I personally just get a spoonful, put in mouth and then get a big gulp of water, swish it around and down it. That's the easiest way :smile:
  • Alloranx
    Alloranx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If it dissolves in water well then they are not good BCAA's.

Why is that? :huh:
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options

How many mg?
    tabs or powder?

see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378346-omg-powdered-bcaa-s-taste-like-crap-aahhhh

powder is much better. Tabs I got are 500mg. Martin recommend 10g per serve ie. 20 tablets. Of you can get poweder and have 2 tsbpns. MUCH quicker and easier.

If it dissolves in water well then they are not good BCAA's. I personally just get a spoonful, put in mouth and then get a big gulp of water, swish it around and down it. That's the easiest way :smile:

This is what Optimum Nutrition BCAA says:

Supplement Facts

Servings Size 2 Capsules

Servings Per Container 100

Amount Per Serving

%Daily Value

L-Leucine

500 mg

L-Isoleucine

250 mg

L-Valine

250 mg

Other ingredients: Gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.

Suggested Use: Consume 2 BCAA 1000 Capsules between meals, 30–45 minutes before workouts, and/or immediately after workouts.
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    My second fasted work out went MUCH better. Did body pump with no dramas whatsoever.
    Also went and bought BCAA tabs afterwards so will try taking 2 of those 45 min before my next fasted workout. Cant hurt :)
    Loving eat stop eat and only 1kg to go. Which after Friday night (brownies, pizza, LOTS of alcohol-like 2/3 bottle of wine and 2 vodka and soda's) i will not weigh myself for a few days :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If it dissolves in water well then they are not good BCAA's.

Why is that? :huh:

non instantized BCAAs are hydrophobic and float to the top and create a foamy like top to the water, but instantized ones dissolve pretty decently
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    JeanineSchumm: So you would require 20 tablets to get to 10g as suggested.

Alloranx: my internet is playing up so I'll get back to you. Was what the supplier of my bcaa told me though. Seemed like a trustworthy fella :tongue:
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon for a few days. Back on. Here is my food intake for tonite totaling 1,035 calories.

All cooked up together:
    1 cup broccoli
    2 eggs
    tomato
    string cheese

Later
    1 chicken breast on
    1 grain bun
    tomato
    lettuce

Even Later (trying to use up leftovers!)
    1 chicken breast on
    1 grain bun
    tomato
    lettuce

fairly healthy?
  • MsMonny
    Options
    I am just wondering if people use LG to lose weight or use it to when they are lean to bulk up the muscle and to get leaner??

I am not only seeing LG to lose weight, but to have it as a healthy lifestyle. I have been told that it is mainly used for the latter, not to lose weight.