Lose 5 Pounds a Month May 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    didn't weight myself this week due to TOM starting on my weigh in day.. nice timing, huh? i didn't want to weigh myself because i KNOW it will be high because it always is.
    oh well- i will weigh myself once it ends

SW = 128
    1st WK = 127.2
    2nd WK = N/A due to TOM
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Check in 5/01: 213
    WK #1 5/08: 209
    WK #2 5/15: 207
    WK #3 5/22: ?
    WK #4 5/29: ??
    Final weight 5/31: ???

WK #2 - down 2lbs. Down 6lbs for the month - I'll take it! :bigsmile: Could I be so lucky in arriving into ONEderland before the month is over?? I've got a week's worth of business travelling & a wedding coming up so it could be a challenge - but here's hoping!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • crisberube
    crisberube Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im in...This is the motivation that I really need. Starting weight 183.

may 15- 180
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for doing this challenge again. I'm In

5/01: 171.8
    5/08: 170.2
    5/15: 171.6
    5/22:
    5/29:
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    weigh in today @ 147 :)
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    weigh in Sunday
    SW- 143
    week 1 (5/8)- 140
    week 2 (5/15)- 138

Loss this week- 2lbs
    Total loss- 5lbs!!!!! GOAL met baby!!!!! Here's hoping for another 5
  • rosaliabritt
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting and beating the May goal challenge!!! Awesome.
    I am in this challenge and weigh in tomorrow, I am hoping to at least
    meet the May challenge. Sure would like to have your results.

So, can you give me some tips? What have you been doing?
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hope all of you had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. I'v found another benefit of this job covering 40 hours in 3 days. They feed me lol. I have 3 small healthy meals on saturday and sunday and 2 on friday and one percent milk. I don't bring any candy and im constantly having to be moving from one room to the other or whatever. I can't decide if im more active here than flying j or not because here i do sit more but I also walk more. at flying j altho there was an amount of walking most of it was just standing so I cant decide but I FEEL Like I am more active in a way. I really can't wait to see my weight in the morning on my New weigh in day! But im really nervous about it. I still don't think I will ever get away from this weight but on the upside Iv been a bit closer to 150 than to 152 this week overall so that is a good thing but im hoping for a solid 149 by the end of the month. Its only one pound and im planning on taking my kids out walking and that since my house isn't a disaster area anymore. My husband and I got sooo much done thursday and friday I only have the basics to do rather than a whole bunch of crap! so that means I have more time to spend with them so im really thinking about a walk on at least two of the four days that I have off. I am soo glad for my new schedule and im trying so hard to make it work. This is the first week that my new routine is going to be in place ((of course im still creating it becuse I have never ever had stability in my work and hom schedules)) altho I might be held up a bit but that shouldn't happen untill friday or saturda but I have a funeral to go to so next weekend I might have some good or bad eating going on but im not sure yet.

I am starting to do really well and really starting to be able to focus lately and I will figure out a way to stay active even tho I have 4 days where besides grocery shopping and cleaning my house and playing with my kids I really don't have a thing to do! sorry this was so long and sorry that I have been here with you guys but also MIA at the same time! I have made 0 progress for the past 2 and a half months because of the craziness of finals in school and having 3 jobs but Im free to find exercise time again so thats what I will do lol. Thanks everyone for being here to support me even tho I have been at a stand still for the past couple months.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting and beating the May goal challenge!!! Awesome.
    I am in this challenge and weigh in tomorrow, I am hoping to at least
    meet the May challenge. Sure would like to have your results.

So, can you give me some tips? What have you been doing?

Well the first week I had just gotten over TOM so lost some bloat weight. This week I added a workout session in the morning at 5:30am when everyone in the house is still asleep (with working full time and having 2 kids under 2 its the only time I could find to that didn't affect the kids). So now I do aerobics in the morning (30 minutes or more) and walk in the evening (45 minutes).

Plus my daughter has been waking up 2x a night to eat again- so burning extra calories that way too- although I wouldn't suggest breastfeeding 2x a night just to burn calories- lol
  • Samantha76
    Samantha76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not what I expected, cause it really wasn't a great week, but I still lost another 2 lbs, If I keep this up I will be almost 30 lbs lighter by the time my vacation rolls around, really excited about that.

May 1 133
    May 9 131
    May 16 129
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    5/01: 148.5
    5/08: 148. 0 - total of a half pound lost
    5/15: 145.5 - total loss of 3 pounds so far for the month
    5/22:
    5/29:
    5/31:

I was down a total of 6 pounds for the month on Friday, and then gained 3 pounds over the weekend!!! :angry: I guess I still can't complain, I am down overall 3 pounds for the month, but I have to get back on track this week. Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    May 1 st - SW: 136.2
    May 8th - 134lbs!!!
    May 15th - 133.4lbs - Total loss so far 2.8lbs!

Still zig zagging and so far so good. My sister is home for the week so it may be a challenge to weigh everything and stick to goal but I am going to try my hardest.

3.4lbs more to goal!! YAY!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    May 1: 216.8
    May 8: 213.0
    May 15: 211.8

Loss: 5.0 lbs
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I totally forgot to post last week!

5/1: 152.4
    5/8: 151.4
    5/15: 149.6

2.8 lbs so far!
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Darn-looks like I gained 2 lbs. back this last week. Well-off to a new week and try again. Congrats to all those who are doing well.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Was hoping to have lost more of this water weight from TOM but I know it will should be all gone by weekend....cant wait for next weeks weigh in

5/01~ 176
    5/09~ 178
    5/16~ 177.5
    5/23~
    5/30~
  • caligirl86
    caligirl86 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi all!

SW: 158.6
    W1: 156.4
    W2: 154.8

GW: 153

** Loss of 1.6 lb loss!!!!

Good Luck this week!!!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    May 1: 198.2
    May 9: 195.4
    May 16: 196.6
    = loss of 1.6 lbs
    Meh. I started lifting weights a week ago, and my weight jumped up and has stayed up. The weekend didn't help any. Some friends who are moving had barbecue at their party on Friday, donuts and cheeseburgers at their yard sale Saturday, then we went to PF Changs for hubby's birthday last night. I guess I should be happy it wasn't more weight that I gained.
  • rosaliabritt
    Options
    May Challenge: Results so far:
    5/1= 129
    5/9=128
    5/16=126.5
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    weigh in.... 5/16 150.6

ugh this sucks but like I said I will hopefully get out and do something this week if the weather cooperates