Move it To Lose for May: CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW. And WOW WOW WOW!

Congratulations everyone!!! Talk about stepping up to the challenge!!!

My last week, I met the calorie burn goal. I have not been logging this week (very unusual for me), but I've been really sick and am just starting to get back to feeling semi-normal. The semi-good news is that with being sick, I know I haven't come NEAR my calorie goal, so... uh... yeah? I'm trying to decide if I log my weight loss, because it will likely bounce back a bit when I start eating normally again.

Anyway, I'm a little worried about keeping up wtih exercise this week due to the lingering illness, but I'm going to try to at least keep walking. The calorie challenge should be a relatively easy one to make this week, tho, since I'm just not feeling right. I will begin logging my food again today.

Now the sleep challenge REALLY is a challenge for me. Even with feeling icky, I'm still not sleeping a solid 7. In fact, the last 2 nights it's been more like 2-3 hours. Not good. But I'm really going to try and hit it.

You guys are all amazing. Keep it up. AND - another mini-challenge will be coming to you SOON!!!!

D.
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    This mini challenge is a good one that everyone needs :0) Now can someone let my little one know about our plan? Haha. Good luck, I know I will need it a lot ;0)
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    <<<<Blowing the horn>>>>

Contestants, here is our next mini-challenge:

Beginning tomorrow, and for 24 FULL HOURS.... you are challenged to do TEN squats and TEN arm circles *every* time you enter a bathroom. That's right - so if your morning routine is to shower, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, get dressed, then double check everything in the mirror.... that is THREE trips to the bathroom and a total of 30 squats and circles!!

It's perfectly okay to consolidate your bathroom trips during the challenge, just make sure EVERY time you go to one, you do the routine. Even at work!! And when people ask you... what are you doing, you can tell 'em .... getting healthy!!! If you're not quite ready for that, you can keep a log of how many bathroom visits you made, and then do all the squats and circles later at home. Either way is great. (And I'm being so NICE, I almost put this one after a water challenge we're going to have!)

GOOD LUCK!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    It's mid-week already...how is everyone doing? I'm happy to say that after a couple "off" days last week I have refocused and am doing great! I have exercised everyday this week so far and have stayed under my calorie goal. I'm also trying to do the sleep mini-challenge and have 1 night down...and I'm off to get a solid 7 hours tonight as well!! Hope you're all having a great week!
  • themarketco
    themarketco Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK - I live on a ranch and the 7 hours of consecutive sleep will not happen, it's calving season and cows do not seem to operate on my clock. Go figure! So since I won't make that challenge (did not say I can't, said I won't) I have decided to double the 'loo' challenge and do 6 sets of three each time I visit. So far so good. Thanks again D for the mini's and I hope you are feeling better.
  • themarketco
    Options
    6 sets of 10 :) remember I drank my dinner...
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey..I am staying under my Cals this week and last week....and sleep is going well...now for the bathroom trips...lol....its a great way to get moving!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    It's mid-week already...how is everyone doing? I'm happy to say that after a couple "off" days last week I have refocused and am doing great! I have exercised everyday this week so far and have stayed under my calorie goal. I'm also trying to do the sleep mini-challenge and have 1 night down...and I'm off to get a solid 7 hours tonight as well!! Hope you're all having a great week!

I'm so glad you're back on track and doing better!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    ugh!!! I forgot about the squats! Ok, I'm doing it! Starting now, until this time tomorrow! I've only had one night of not getting my full 8 hours! Had the babies last night while their mom was at the hospital. But I'm making up for it tonight!!!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    I completed the bathroom challenge from yesterday til today. I noticed I gathered all my stuff before going to take a shower so I wouldn't have to do several trips. Haha
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Did the bathroom challenge today... Noticed it was difficult to walk at the end of the day... lol. Those squats killed me.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Awesome pearie and Brookelee! Congrats on the squat challenge!!

I was just shy on the challenge - by my last 2 bathroom trips, I'd stopped. I admit it!! Just couldn't do one more!!!! LOL

Okay, so, for our next mini-challenge.... you have Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday to complete it. Ready????

In the next three days, can you consume TWO meals *entirely* of unprocessed food? So what does that mean exactly? For two meals, consume only natural, unprocessed, items. This means avoiding most packaged items, restaurant food, and most things from a bag or box. For this challenge, you MUST *know* all the ingredients of the items you are eating, and they should NOT contain any chemicals, preservatives, added dyes, etc.

GREAT choices would include: All fresh vegetables, fruits, lean and organic meats and dairy, whole grains, organic coffee, tea, and herbs. Anything from a bag or box, you must read and recognize all ingredients and they must not contain any of the things I mentioned to avoid.

Unacceptable choices would include: artificial sweeteners, most breads (they contain preservatives), packaged meals like Lean Cuisines, crackers, chips, etc.

It's ONLY two meals, over THREE days! Can you do it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do you dare?!?!?!?!!?
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :( I technically graduate tomorrow, (not walking and grades not in) and my family is coming to bring me to dinner at a restaraunt we like. I always get the same dish and its pasta and chicken.....I know those 2 things are in it. Forgot about the bathroom thing today. I'll do it tomorrow though :)
    oh and yesterday i was over by just a few calories. I say it counts. especially since i was so under today and the last few days. :)
  • themarketco
    Options
    YES!!! I love the new mini-challenge! We have a huge event this weekend, but one thing all the meat we use is grass fed and off our ranch so I think I'm good. My one weakness.... Spaghettios Sunday :(
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    Hey all! 7 consecutive days of staying under goal is in the bag! With as much water I drink and that fact that I pulled something on Tuesday to the poing where just sitting on the toilet was a huge effort, the squat mini challenge ain't happening folks. The new mini challenge however, is a piece of cake!! I got this!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Let's see....first off I never wanna go to the bathroom again! Of course today would be the day I just had to go constantly! Seriously, I've got a couple of hours left to hit 24 hours and I'm soooo dreading having to go in there again! 8 trips to the bathroom so far! My legs hurt and my arms are like spaghetti but dang it....I did it!!!
    Under calories has been no problem! Why is that?? Sleep? Slept like a baby 7.5 hours!
    All unprocessed foods? Ok, 2 meals...I'll try. No guarantees on this one!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Good Morning, Challenge Participants!!

You are about HALF way through your May challenge - how are you feeling?!?! i know it *might* be getting old or stale, but KEEP IT UP!!!

And did you remember our challenge for this week?? Here it is: Week of May 15th: Walk, Run, Swim, Elliptical, or skate at least 14 miles this week. That’s an average of 2 miles a day. You can also choose to bicycle, but the goal is increased to covering 21 miles in the week.

And, how are the mini challenges going? How's the non-processed food comin??

Here's my status:
    Mini-bathroom challenge: I did darn good, but fell off for the last 3 BR Trips
    Calorie goal: NO PROBLEM. This has been a great incentive this week. I was able to do this one, for some reason this week, without too much effort.
    Processed foods: Done!!! Yahoo!!! I'm actually at 4 meals with Friday, Saturday, and this morning!

Hope all are well!!!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I did really well on the calorie challenge last week...stayed under every day!
    I totally forgot about the bathroom challenge until I checked back in today so it didn't get done. :ohwell:
    2 meals with no processed foods - done yesterday!
    3 nights of 7 hours of sleep - finished that one up last night!
    I also did my tae bo today AND went for a 2 mile walk so I'm right on track for this week's challenge!!

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    I held strong on this weeks challenge until I went on an over nighter :0( It's way too easy to get in "vacation" mode. I'm getting back on the wagon for this week's challenge!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Happy Monday, Everyone!!!

I made the sleep challenge - three nights of 8 hours! UNREAL!!! And I feel *much* better... it's amazing what sleep can do!

I'm off to a decent start on our "cover the miles" challenge for the week - at 1 for yesterday and I hope to get in a couple miles today.

And now, for our next mini-challenge: Since you're covering some ground this week with your legs, I didn't want to leave the arms out. SO - for a 24 hour period... ... ... EVERY time you look into a mirror, do a jab cross punch. Since I don't want all of our challengers wrecking their cars every time they glance into the rearview, do your BEST estimation and complete the circuit when it's safe to do so. So, for example, my morning commute is about 20 minutes, so I figure I look into the mirror at least 100 times ... so that's 100 jab crosses for me. . . EACH WAY. Then you add in the getting ready for work time, the bathroom trips... and that's going to tack on some more!!

To balance, you may want to alternate left jab/right cross.... and the right jab/left cross. If you need some examples of great, form, just do a quick google search for "jab cross example" and you can read descriptions, see photos, and even see a video.

Good luck to your poor li'l arms!!!