Move it To Lose for May: CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    Since I don't want all of our challengers wrecking their cars every time they glance into the rearview, do your BEST estimation and complete the circuit when it's safe to do so. So, for example, my morning commute is about 20 minutes, so I figure I look into the mirror at least 100 times

The thought of someone doing these while driving made me giggle. Thanks for the laugh and funny visual!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Did 3.5 miles on the treadmill today. Woo Hoo! Great start to the challenge. 11.5 to go and tomorrow will be a double workout day.... Hoping to get to the half way point.
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Gave me a giggle reading this at work! oops hehe. I'll try to remember how many mirrors i've seen so far.
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Another 2 miles down. 9.5 to go and another workout tonight.
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Another 2.5 down. 7 to go. Half way!! Sorry this is how I am keeping track :0) I thought it was 15 total so I have 6 left. (edit)
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    YAY Brookelee!! I'm so impressed!!

I have to admit, I've kinda fallen by the wayside on this week's challenge... I'm nowhere near where I need to be. But you've re-motivated me to try!!!!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Just finished mile #9 for the week...this has been a really tough challenge for me! I'm so used to going to zumba class or popping in a workout dvd...I have to take more time out of my day to get a walk in. And it's even harder when I have my almost 3 year old to bring with me! With no treadmill or gym membership this has been a tough week! I'm aiming for 14 miles but we shall see...it's supposed to be rainy out the rest of the week...yucky!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I've had the craziest weekend and week beginning, so I totally flubbed on the walking! Does running around in maniacal circles count?? Hmm, I think I'm gonna have to get an 'F' on this one!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    YAY Brookelee!! I'm so impressed!!

I have to admit, I've kinda fallen by the wayside on this week's challenge... I'm nowhere near where I need to be. But you've re-motivated me to try!!!!

Thanks!! I am trying real hard to get it done and over with. haha
  • dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It has been a WHILE... but not for a lack of working hard here!! Putting on a 5K and prepping for a school field trip has been very time consuming.

Met the challenge of last week with ease... no worries! I have gotten GREAT at eating under.

As for the challenge this week.... I do not have a pedometer, but I can guarantee you, I have been walking my fair share!! Our trip was to DC yesterday and we walked, and walked, and walked for 3 hours!! I also then went to my second job, ushering at a local pro Class A baseball team. Walking the stands last night was insane, then I do it again Friday... then there is Saturday when I am walking the course during a round of golf. Won't have a total, but I will get the walking in!!

Glad to see everyone is up to the challenge and I am REALLY sorry that I have missed some of these mini's! They would have been great to add to our lives. The sleep one will start tonight for us!!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    3 more miles down and 3 to go. YIPEE!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    ...........and our next mini-challenge. Remember back when I challenged you to give YOURSELF a total of 12 compliments???

Now I challenge you to DISH OUT twelve compliments!! They can be to one individual, or to 12 different folks..... but can you do it??!! You've got 24 hours!!! That's only ONE compliment every 2 hours!!!!!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    ...........and our next mini-challenge. Remember back when I challenged you to give YOURSELF a total of 12 compliments???

Now I challenge you to DISH OUT twelve compliments!! They can be to one individual, or to 12 different folks..... but can you do it??!! You've got 24 hours!!! That's only ONE compliment every 2 hours!!!!!

This is a wonderful challenge, however I haven't been here long enough to know anybody well enough actually do this. Unless I simply made the same compliment to 12 different people! I don't think cookie cutter compliments are acceptable so on this I'm going to tell everybody I'm proud of you and your commitments and I'm looking forward to being able to fairly do this in the future!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    1.5 down. 1.5 to go. I am going to have a hard time trying to fit in any exercise time Friday or Saturday.... I may have to cram the last 1.5 out tonight... Hope everyone is going well on their challenge.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options

This is a wonderful challenge, however I haven't been here long enough to know anybody well enough actually do this. Unless I simply made the same compliment to 12 different people! I don't think cookie cutter compliments are acceptable so on this I'm going to tell everybody I'm proud of you and your commitments and I'm looking forward to being able to fairly do this in the future!

It doesn't have to be here, online - It can be in your personal life, too!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am so behind! Ugh! Work has been picking up again which equals taking less time for myself. I've got 3 miles so far. I'll get some in tomorrow and over the weekend. And for the compliments... here goes!

To my wonderful husband:
    1.) Your motivation and support has made the last 3 months wonderful. To have you on my side of this life style change has made this super easy and has made it not feel like just another diet. I think together we'll accomplish all our goals and dreams and then some.
    2.) Thank you, thank you, thank you for our beautiful children. We are truly blessed!
    3.) You are a great teacher!
    4.) You make me smile every single day!

To my mom:
    5.) I can't even begin to understand what it is like living with MS, but your strength inspires me.
    6.) I never appreciated your guidance as a teenager, but I value everything you taught me growing up. I was listening! You are wise and, now that I have my own kids, were mostly right. :-)

To my dad:
    7.) You have the patience of a saint!
    8.) You taught us what family really means, through thick and thin. Your example has made this family what it is and has shown me what it truly means to be selfless.

To my kids:
    9.) Inquisitve and eager learners, it is such a joy to see the world again through a child's eyes.
    10.) My kids have reminded me what it means to never give up.

To my new MFP family:
    11.) You are all so amazingly strong and have shown me that small slip-ups are not failures, but are merely road bumps in this great journey of life.
    12.) You are all so supportive and have helped me celebrate each victory, no matter how small!

Not all exactly compliments, but I think it works. :smile:
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    1.5 more on the treadmill tonight. I have finished the 14 miles... I also burnt a little over 2400 calories so I have an idea what next week will b like. Maybe I will do more elliptical than treadmill (burns more calories). Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    Hey Gang!

Sorry I have been out of the loop. I have been struggling a bit lately but am working on making a comeback! It will be all about Me...Me....Me..this weekend! I have logged 9 miles towards this week's challenge so far. I may add an extra workout tonight and wth my weekend hikes, I should be good. Sounds like just about everyone is doing really well. I have lost 6 pounds since the beginning so I am a happy camper!

Sue
  • Mrz_Rich
    Options
    Hey Gang!

Sorry I have been out of the loop. I have been struggling a bit lately but am working on making a comeback! It will be all about Me...Me....Me..this weekend! I have logged 9 miles towards this week's challenge so far. I may add an extra workout tonight and wth my weekend hikes, I should be good. Sounds like just about everyone is doing really well. I have lost 6 pounds since the beginning so I am a happy camper!

Sue
  • Mrz_Rich
    Options
    Sue, 6 pounds is AWESOME!! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!