Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Megan I have been doing it with my whole30 challenge for myself (read my blog) I have bout 20 days left so I would def be up for motivating u and whatnot and it would be nice to have someone to chat with bout it like Tara says! Let me know :-)
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have hardly any time today sorry loves. But I am interested in doing the no scale challenge for next month, I keep going back and forth but with everything as crazy and busy as it has been I think I need this. I was thinking of doing it only every other week.

I was so busy this weekend with the party I am not sure that I have pics of the dress yet. hopefully soon. We had a cat emergency yesterday and with family at the party I def did not make too many good food choices. but I am ready to get back on this horse and not dwell on what I can't change. Be back later when I have time. Lets get ready for June and just forget about may LOL.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey chaps
    sorry for not loggin in sooner. been very busy over the weekend and work is busy busy!

managed my zumba tonight and hoping to start week 4 tomorrow. im managing just 2 days running as opposed to 3 days as per the programme due to busy work life scheduele! hopefully things get a bit calmer next week. im a bit nervous abt week 4 as its running for longer but i wont know till i run!

tara and allie, wishing you luck for the weigh in tomorrow

Lost alykat and megan, i may be interested in the no weigh in scale as im getting a bit obsessed about it. but im too chicken to do it on my own! esp as im maintaining!

lately ive been weighing in everyday and this obsession has to stop! i cant let the scales rule my life!
  • nausicaa11
    nausicaa11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So I weighed in today, and the scale has gone up by one kg, two whole pounds! I really don't understand that. This is the first time I have gained this much weight. I did start strength training this week, does anyone know if strength training can increase your weight to this extent?

Tara: Nah, not Natalie. Its hira, pronounced with a soft 'i' :) Best of luck with your weigh-in!

Kandace: Yep, I got that loud and clear! :) Thanks I really needed that, I was getting really bogged down by seeing the scale going up the way it has done for the past few days.
    Congrats on hitting the 100 days mark!

maria: Thanks, I am hoping its that.
    I have this weighing everyday obsession too, but personally I don't mind it, it keeps me focused and motivated. I think as long as you don't obsess over the tiniest gain and loss and keep in mind every day fluctuations, its okay to weigh daily. But I guess it varies from person to person, do what you are comfortable with.

Meag: Aqua Boot Camp sounds amazing, hope you have fun with that!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    The June challenge is UP! Finally! I just got home and just logged on, and now I have to get to sleep before I pass out... good luck setting your goals. I'll be back in the AM to check how things are going:bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253607-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-june-challenge
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cait-CONGRATS on completing your "hellish" workout!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for yourself this month! :smile:

Kan-I agree with Cait!!! way to turn your thought process around...you did awesome in May!! :flowerforyou:

Megan-way to get in a great burn...and all before lunch!! As for the non-scale challenge...Mariam, Aly, and Bethany are considering it!! I think that it was a great way to get my head back into the game (even if it did stress me out a bit) and I am very glad that I did it! :wink:

Aly-way to push forward....let's kill it this month!!

Mariam-way to stick to your workout schedule...even through hectic times!! As I told the other ladies, possibly interested in the non-scale challenge...it really did help! Thanks for the luck tomorrow..I of course, will keep ya posted! :laugh:

Hira-sorry bout the name thing :embarassed: as far as the weight gain...it is possible to have a gain from water weight with new strength training...just keep an eye on the scale over the next week and see if you think it's that or possibly time for a change in your cal goals!!

AFM-I of course will post my May goals and how I did tomorrow (later today)! Nervous but glad it's over!! Ready to kill it in June! :drinker:
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So where's that June thread? LOL. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. Really quick. I had a great time with the boyfriend. And I just weighed myself (while having my "friend" here) and my weight hasn't really changed. I was actually up a pound last I checked and I am back to where I normally am. After 2 weeks of late night eating, drinking every day for about a week and my weight is still stuck. ANYWAY! I'm having some rough luck. My summer internship.. well that's not going to happen so I'm anxiously applying to whatever is left still open (I need an internship to graduate) and my last final is today. So.. That's pretty much it. I got spoiled so now I miss my the company of my boyfriend even more... and have the emotional baggage / low-confidence from things not working out with my internship/job. Having a rough end of May. but that's behind me now. HELLO JUNE!
  • cokolina
    cokolina Posts: 48
    Options
    ~Meag.... your funny, I would NEVER guess you were a closet BsBer. Your so "grown up" lol. (welcome to our club!~!) Your dinner sounds awesome! I def want to try it. I have been getting bored of the same old, chicken breast with 3 veggies so I dont feel left out of the noodles. I think its time to branch out!!~!! Weird question, have you ever made your own Granola Bars???? I want to make something delicious but the only thing I can bake is Cake from a Box. So I figured if I could make up my own recipe for Graonla bars, that will give me something else to snack on!~! I am just confused at where to start???

~Allie.... LOVE your dress!~~!~!~!~!~! I was born in PINK~!~! my mom made me wear purple til I was six, so now a wear pink whenever possible!~!~! The dress is the exact style I have been looking for! Good Pick!~! Its so awesome, your going to be soooo perrrty!~!

~McBody.... I so impressed with your determination to exercise!~!~! It makes me feel like a spoiled brat being able to do all the cardio I want and NOT doing it!~!~! So, if you dont mind, I am going to do cardio until you can not. How many days a week and how long is your cardio WO. I dont think I will be able to do what you do, but I am sure gonna try. I cant get my but up for myself, so maybe doing it in your honor will give me the boost I neeed!~!~!~!

~Shannon... congratulations!~!~! you rock!~!

~Tara... Pot Luck day is over!~!~!~! Dont worry about it any more!~!

~Leela... good luck with your NSV of logging your food with your boy here. I hope you enjoy your time with him. !~!~!~!

AFM.... I got my hair done today. I like it. It is exactly what I wanted, but for some reason I am not super excited like I want to be. I need to get to the gym and have a good workout. I dont know why I cant keep motivated. Its like every other day is a rest day for me. I do NOTHING but walk. The hardest part is being depressed. I dont want to move, walk, talk, see people. I jus dont want to do anything!~!~! I know I have things to look forward to and I am proud of myself, now I just need to get my body to get up and get going.

Me and the hubby booked a cruise for July 9th. Its a night cruise and my FIRST ONE EVER. I want to be comfortable enough to walk around in my bikini and put on an awesome dress every night for dinner!~!~~! There is a gym on the ship that NEVER closes, pools basketball court and volley ball and mini golf. So there isnt really any excuse to spend too much time laying around. except of course to get the BEST TAN ever and make all my friends jealous!~!~!~! We have already planned a snorkeling excusions in Croatia and a 4 hour wilderness hike in Slovenia. The other ports are two different ports in Italy and our final destination is Venice. I am thinking Bari Italy will be a beach day and Ravenna will be a walking exploration day. We can book a tour guide but we would much rather get a map and get lost in the city. We tend to see many interesting things that way. With a tour guide we could learn stuff, but we enjoy ourselves and get some awesome experiences walking around alone!~! We figure we can learn about history in a book. In Prauge we had no idea how old the buildings were or which famous dead person walked down the center square, but we fell in love with the architecture and got amazing pitures of some random park at night. I would like to tell ppl that I stood where So and So stood, but I had more fun following the clouds around the city!~!

I hope Italy will be the same way. I am going to do a little research on which city is more walkable and which beaches are nicer. I am also trying to keep our costs down as much as possible!

Wow, look at all the rambling I did.... I will stop now!~!

I'm from Slovenija;) have you been here?did you enjoy the vacation?;)