Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cait-thanks girl!! and that chicken BLT sounds super yummy!! always lookin for new grill recipes for summer time!!:tongue:

Aly-for me...not weighing in (so far) has kept me on track!! I know that I am doing whatever I can to make the scale agree with me on the 1st!! It has been really difficult and the first few days were rough but as of right now it has become a fear of a gain if I eat off plan for a day or even a meal! So to put it bluntly...it is scaring me into eating healthy every day! :embarassed:

Meag-First of all...CONGRATS!! as I have said before...you have to do what makes you happy!! if that means staying part time and having more time to focus on your healthy lifestyle...or putting in that same time and effort on a possible great career?! Is there a possibility of the FT position "leveling out" after a bit??

Jennelle-I am glad that you and your bff have talked things out, and that you got an opportunity to talk to her about it! I have a friend that is in the same position; however, she knows that she does NOT want to spend the rest of her life with him...she is just scared to leave since they have been togethor for like 10 years!! I always tell her my true thoughts and feelings yet she never listens and just decides to stay miserable...what this made me realize is, that people will learn in their own time no matter what you do or do not say to them! :flowerforyou:

justbreathe-how is your WO goal going?? did you make it? glad to hear that you got in your workout still (even with TOM)!

Kandace-great job on the loss!! If you hit your May goal early I think that you should def keeping working toward your final goal!!! You could probably hit it by your b-day but I think it is great idea to do it by the end of the month...that way you have plenty of time...yet you still need to work hard!! Also glad that you enjoyed your ice cream...my grandma was 100% German and would always make us homemade ice cream....and you are right, it is to die for!!! As for the dresses...I am not gonna lie, you look super hot in the white/black one, but I think the pink lace one is totally cute too!! Super awesome about the 30 day shred, that is a tough WO! I would say if you are in so much pain that you can't hardly walk...you need a rest day, if you are just a little tight or sore then push through it! And one final congrats on you being confident enough to walk around in your bikini!!! I only hope to be able to do this one day(after my tummy tuck!) :flowerforyou:

believe-both your kettleball and you medicine ball DVDs sound great!! arms/abs are the 2 spots that I wanna work on...so I may need to Wallyworld and see what's up!

Shannon-CONGRATS on your loss (hopefully this means no more plateau for you!), and CONGRATS on beating your best mile...you are doing great! :drinker:

AFM-I still have not weighed...some days it is easy and others it sucks!! LOL but I am gonna do this no matter what!! I have been doing great on my eating (minus the potluck day and the day after it with leftovers), and I have not missed one workout or my water any day yet this month! So even though I am nervous about the WI on the first..I feel like I have/am doing what I can to see good numbers and to hit my May goal and the 100lbs lost mark!!! And as you all can see...Kandace has given me the motivation to post a pic of me in my new suit...thanks girl!! :heart:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    is this a closed group? my old group is somewhat dying off and i need a new one to help keep me on track as maintainance has been very tricky for me! still a learning curve!

im 29 (until september! LOL!) and got to goal a month ago and am now manitaining but doesnt mean that ive slacked off! im still active and am on week 3 of c25k! so if u dont mind me tagging along id love to join in! i see tara is here too!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to post very quickly here to tell those that I'm not already "pals" with that I am on a MFP hiatus once again for the weekend. Life is just way, way too hectic right now and I can't be at/near my computer enough to be present for all my fabulous ladies on here. Hope things will calm down soon, but for now I cannot commit on the weekends. Work, life, family, and everything else is just overwhelming me :noway:

On the job front, I was officially offered the full-time position Fri and my contract comes out Tues. It's pretty "mint" so I can't really turn it down. I think I'm nearly settled on getting rid of the LCBO job, now. I considered keeping them both but it will make me miserable (for certain) and it just doesn't pay well enough to sacrifice all my free time and my weekends. If I want to give up my Fri/Sat I'll just keep working at the bars (my 3rd job option) and rake in wayyyy more money. Speaking of which, I worked "opening" weekend at the beach hotel bar tonight and it was hands down the best night of work EVAR! :bigsmile: Definitely another factor weighing into my decision. Hourly, I made nearly 6 times the going rate at the LCBO. Hard to argue with that :glasses:

Maria - Absolutely not a closed group, so WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Happy to have you! All you have to do set a few goals for yourself for the rest of this month - we're all at different places here and recognize the need for individual goals - and then just jump in! There's a list of all our goals floating around somewhere. When I have time I'll find it and post it, or perhaps someone else can do it for me :huh: Just add yourself and get to work. Keep us posted, write whatever and whenever you want, and just get involved. It's a fabulous group.

Thanks everyone for your messages and support these past few days. It's really meant a lot to me :heart: Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Enjoy yourselves and have fun! :heart:
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    As far as I could tell here is the most recent goal list! Welcome to the group- just copy and past this list with whatever goals you have for the remainder of the month to the bottom!
    Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
    dodier01 - Start 30DS, loose 8lbs by the end of the month, Complete Week 4 and start week 5 of C25K and drink lots of water!
    kafoteh(Kristin)-Input ALL my meals/foods...even the bad ones. Lose 2-5 lbs. Exercise at least 3x/week
    heather_miller - spend more time on mfp and less time web surfing. no fried food, no exceptions. lose 4 pounds.
    justbreathe418 (Jess) - drink 8 cups of water daily, strength train 2 times a week, increase potassium intake and lower sodium intake, make 1 new healthy recipe a week
    nolachick-work out atleast 5x a week (which is doable since i usually do 6x). tomorrow starts my second week of bootcamp and I need to stop sleeping in and wasting money (Its quite pricey).
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    :happy: ~Meag... Congrats on being able to get through your job decision with your head on straight!~! Your such a strong willed person yet you still are honest with us about your "crazyness" sometimes. I hope to be as "together" as you are soon. :wink:

:tongue: ~Tara... Yeay!~!~!~! :glasses: 100 pounds? Holy Crapola!~!~! How can you say that I gave you encouragement???? I lost a quarter of what you have!~! You rock!~! Do you realize you lost a whole person? 12 babies. 12 newborn freakin babies you lost. Thats insane!~!~! If I didnt have ppl like you pushing me I wouldnt be here, thats the honest truth!~!

:flowerforyou: ~Maria.... welcome to our group! You are going to love it here~!

ME :tongue: ...... I had an awesome day!~! my diary is a little crazy cuz we BBQed and I snacked all day so I didnt really eat any "meal" but I didnt make a mental note to rememeber what I ate. Its soo crazy how second nature it comes for me to think about what goes in my mouth now. Meag said once that she thinks about every little thing that she eats, I was envious when I read that cuz I wanted to be that vigilant. And, I think I am getting there. I am getting my husband and my brother to eat better also. Instead of lots of carbs for dinner, I only give them a small amount to share and we have extra veggies now. (Either they havent noticed the change or they dont care... lol) Either way, they are eating better than they would like to be if they had the choice. And I have been TRYING to have fish at least once a week. I would like to have it twice a week but I figured we would start slow. Now my brother askes for it all the time!~!~! I am very happy about where our food habits are going. I cant even rememember the last time Kile (my brother) asked me to buy cookies. Today he nearly had a fit cuz I bought purple plums instead of while ones and i forgot grapes!~!~! If you think its hard to get a small child to eat fruit, try getting a 1 year old who used to be able to eat half a carton of oreos in one sitting~!~!

Wow, Sorry about that weird unexpected ramble about my family. I wanted to do a review of my goal and how I have been doing so far this month but I just totally missed that train........ lol

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Heres to a great week!~!~! :drinker:

........ oh, side note..... last thursday was my 90 day mark!~!~! 90 days no alcohol!~!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Mariam-you better believe it girl!! I have been with this group since October...and no worries about it dying of anytime soon...they are all great! Welcome and glad to have ya! :wink:

Meag-CONGRATS again on the job offer!!! And enjoy your weekend...seeya during the week when you are back :smile:

Kandace-LOL thanks girly!!! I may have lost a bit more than you did TOTAL...but it is all about how you have changed in all of the other ways...and up until recently I had only changed the outside of me...you are a true inspiration to all of us...not many (if any) could accomplish all of the things that you are/have, and for sure not all at once!! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:

AFM-still haven't weighed...today will be considered a "hard" day for me with it!! Geesh! I am eating well, and I got in another decent workout (30min advanced wii fit, and my tricep routine) but I just don't FEEL like I have lost anything this month...I have decided that I will be totally devastated if I end up with anything less then 4lbs lost for this month (I know, I know...I should be proud of what I did and the scale will catch up)...unfortunately I do NOT want to hear that right now, and I would hate to feel like I wasted a whole month if that's the case :grumble: Sorry...little dramatic over here tonight!:mad:
  • M_lifts
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome ladies! I soooo need people who are dedicated!!!!

Will post my goal for the rest of the week later as its nearly end of may! Hope everyone has a good day :) I am back at work after having a Whole week off! Boo! Lol, had an amazing time with my little one and hubby.
  • KanCrav
    Options
    ~Maria... I hope you have a good day at work, even though I know you would rather be somewhere else~~~!

~Tara... Thanks for the confidence boost!~! I know its a bad thing to KNOW you will be disapointed if you didnt loose 4 pounds but I totally understand. For the first few months I was so upset with myself cuz I was only loosing one pound a month and MFP said I would loose two if I followed what they said. Then I realized that even those one pound a week pounds add up to a pretty nice number! I dont think you have anything to worry about. Im sure you lost at least 4. Honestly, at this point for you I think it would be hard to "feel" 4 pounds. You will do great!

AFM.... its early, well 1100 for me. I am getting ready to have lunch with my sponsor (and talk alcohol stuff..lol). I finally got up at 6 this morning and did my 30DS. I have been slacking hard core in the mornings. I get so nervous after lunch if I havent done some kind of exersice, and today I finally got up and did it! 30DS Day 5 and then a 20 min walk with Cody.

I am thinking about going to spin tonight, but I am not sure. I really love the class but the woman who teaches never starts on time and never ends on time. It should start at 5 and be over at 6 but one day I didnt get out of there til almost 7!~!~! My fam was starving to death!~! Its dinner time, let us leave lady!~!~! It really sucks to get frustrated with a class I like so much. I just wish she would stay on time so I can enjoy it more.

......... I hope you all have a great monday to start off your week!~! ..........
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Mariam-can't wait to see your goals for the rest of the month :)

Kandace-thanks girl...I just get so bummed when I don't hit my goal...especially when I have done really well..I always feel like there was something more that could have been done, ya know?! Great job on getting your 30 DS in...and hopefully your spin teach makes it on time so you can get in another great workout for the day!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I'm really sorry I've been MIA. With the boyfriend here and all of my finals/projects are right around the corner, I've just been really swamped. I haven't really been tracking and if anything it's all the drinking that's going to kill me. He's here for another week and then we go off to a wedding. I can't let these 2 weeks ruin me!:frown: I promise I'll be around everyday in about 2 weeks when I'm done with school.

I hope everyone has a rockin Monday! :smile:
  • KanCrav
    Options
    ~Leela... dont worry too much about how you are doing. This isnt your first weekend trying to eat healthy, you will be fine. Just think about it before you eat it thats all!~!~! Enjoy yourself and your BF.!~!

AFM.... I am heading to spin shortly. I had a pretty good day. At the end of the day I only ate back 300 of my exercise calories, but that means I ate 1500 today, and thats GOOD ENOUGH for me!~!~! I am not hungry and I am never hungry after spin, but everything is ready for a nice family dinner. SO I have to eat!~!~! I dont want to start this week out like I did last week. I only ate dinner like 3 times last week, I just wasnt hungry. IDK.... heres to better habits this week!~!

What are you doing this week to improve your healthy lifestyle?
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Good Morning Lovies! Another beautiful Monday morning (ok its raining out but STILL!) Im in a super good mood so I am going to love it either way! Seems like it was a quiet weekend on here. I hope that means that everyone is out living and loving life!!!!1

Kan- you are making me a lil nervous that you arent eating enough (based on what you just said and your headache/diary yesterday) its really hard to find the balance sometimes but make sure you are fueling your body as much as possible! Especially with all of these kick *kitten* workouts you have been doing. Dont stress it just take care of you! You are doing such a FABULOUS job!!!! PS- I never responded about the dresses but I LOVE the black and white one (go you girl!) I dont hate the pink one I just dont think its a sexy and awesomesauce as the black and white one! just my $.02

Leela- life isnt about getting on to MFP and being perfect everyday! Its about finding the balance to be able to use this as a tool so that you can enjoy your every day life and live as healthy as possible! So ENJOY this time with the boy and just keep making the best choices you can!

Tara- as always you are INCREDIBLE!!! great great job sticking with this scale thing and doing it for the right reasons! no matter what the results are this process has been huge for you!

AFM- started blogging on here. I dont know why I havent done it regularly before because it is such a great way to get out some good thoughts. Doing a 30 day challenge for myself so feel free to check out my blog and see what thats about! So far its been a good experience! Only two days in though... haha. First real session of crossfit tonight. A little anxious but also VERY excited! Have a great Monday everyone!!!

-Cait
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Cait- I miss you too!! Hopefully I am back for good now :) Crossfit sounds very interesting. I think I need to do something similar where maybe I do one personal training session or something to help get a nice intense workout plan. I have still been slacking on my weight lifting goals, and I know that if I made a good effort I would be dropping some serious inches. Its time to make that a priority! As for my running goals today I ran a 5K on the treadmill and did it in 38:41, so that’s going to be my baseline and I am working on getting a nice strong time for when I run my official 5K in june!

Aly- I hope that you are finding balance with your eating and exercising. It does seem counterintuitive to eat more when we want to lose weight, and I find that what has really helped me is looking at the quality of the food that I am eating. Maybe one particular type of food encourages your headaches?

Jess- sounds like you made some excellent decisions at Happy Hour. Sometimes I think the hardest part of getting healthy is figuring out how to still have the social life I once had, but eating better. I guess that’s the good part about being so busy at work the past couple of weeks I haven’t had time to hang out with anyone!
    Tara- You are going so strong with the no scale challenge. I am seriously considering doing it in June. I feel like learning how to have control without checking every ounce is going to be hard, so I might as well start getting use to it now!

Leela- I’m glad your BF decided to join you! That’s a great choice on his part and hopefully seeing that what he thought the gym was going to be like, really isn’t will encourage him to keep it up!

Shannon- What is One Hour Runner? Is it a program that is suppose to help you be able to run for 60 minutes straight, kind of like C25K except that is only 30 minutes? And it certainly sounds like you are burning a tons of calories doing all that extra work!!

Kandace- your profile pic is awesome!! I would kill for my belly to look like yours!! I think that you posting that pictures shows how far you have come with your self perception! And awesome job on your killer weight loss!

AFM- After some seriously long weeks at work I took Thursday and Friday off, and had an amazing girls weekend with some college friends. The only downfall is that I didn’t just lounge and catch up on some sleep so I am still really exhausted and I think that I might be getting a little sick. I managed to run a 5k this morning on the treadmill. They have a setting where you can pick that you want to run a 5k and I did that. I ran and walked some, but mostly ran. I did it in 38:41 so that’s going to be my base measure for trying to improve my time and running. My official 5K is on June 25 so I think that if I concentrate on running that distance several times a week that I will see an improvement. Either way, the last time I did a 5k was July 4 and I did it in 45+ minutes so just getting under 40 minutes makes me feel really good. I even did some under 10 minute mill sections although not for a full mile. Now that work has slowed down I will be keeping up with all of you lovelies and actually posting every day. Yeah!!

XOXO
    Megan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday lovelies!!! Oh how I've missed you!!! :love:

Have yet to get caught up with everyone so I am not going to even attempt it. I will have to make this a selfish post for now!! :ohwell:

I think I have finally found a place for the kids and I to live. I am going tonight to pay my deposit and sign the contract. Its about 10 miles further from work but the situation seems to be perfect so I don't think I could pass this up. So now I will be busy packing and then moving. I finished school last Monday and will graduate on June 4. :drinker: I don't think it has completely hit me that I am finally done but I am sooooo glad that I can finally say that I have finished something I started and I even have something to show for it!! :bigsmile:

Food and health wise...have yet to get back on the wagon!! :sad: With everything going on, I have yet to get my meal planning and exercise routine down. But for now, my focus is getting the kids and I moved and then settled into our own place. Once, I can find some sense of "normalcy" again then I am going to pull myself back up on the wagon and staple my *kitten* to it so that there is no chance of falling off. We have already started planning the girls cruise for next January and I want to look amazing out on the deck in my bathing suit!! :noway:

Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!!

A new day...a new start!! :flowerforyou:
  • M_lifts
    Options
    Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
    dodier01 - Start 30DS, loose 8lbs by the end of the month, Complete Week 4 and start week 5 of C25K and drink lots of water!
    kafoteh(Kristin)-Input ALL my meals/foods...even the bad ones. Lose 2-5 lbs. Exercise at least 3x/week
    heather_miller - spend more time on mfp and less time web surfing. no fried food, no exceptions. lose 4 pounds.
    justbreathe418 (Jess) - drink 8 cups of water daily, strength train 2 times a week, increase potassium intake and lower sodium intake, make 1 new healthy recipe a week
    nolachick-work out atleast 5x a week (which is doable since i usually do 6x). tomorrow starts my second week of bootcamp and I need to stop sleeping in and wasting money (Its quite pricey).
    mariababe81 (Mariam): to finish week 3 of c25k by end of this week, go zumba once a week. so x4 sessions of exercise/ week .drink no less than 9 cups of water/ day and enjoy being at goal weight.
  • M_lifts
    Options
    i finally get what AFM means! as for me! doh been wondering for days!!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps, Selfish post I have too much to say and not enough time.

Well first things first our engagement photo shoot came back and it looks amazing. I of course thought I looked a little pudgy in some of them and the video was awful. But my fiance told me I looked beautiful and many others agree. I just started TOTM and was stupid enough to check my new scale this morning. It says up almost 3-4 pounds since I last weighed myself. It is frustrating because I have been tracking more than ever and I even put weight training in my workouts. I am hoping it will go down by Wednesday but if not it is not a big deal. I need to not let the number get to me grrr! Well the fridge is stocked with yummy food for the week and I have a full week of training going on.

The dress is supposed to arrive today for the engagement party and I am really hoping it fits. I am thinking again about putting the scale away for a while but I know when I do that things just seem to get worse. Sorry to be a debbie downer today.

On a happier note we decided on a location and I booked the venue for September 14th 2012. Excited to have that taken care of and not having to worry about it. I think I might need to talk to someone about our contract to make sure we don't sign something if we don't like it.

On to another day that should hopefully get better than worse. Have a great day loves, glad I have this site to vent on when days are rough.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Quick Happy Update!

My dress came and I thought it might be too snug since I have been feeling not so great lately. Well I am going to have to find a size down because it is a little loose. It will work but I want to see what the smaller size looks like. This is very exciting! Feeling better and more positive after that :flowerforyou:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Aly!! Can't wait to see pics!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Leela-stay strong girl!! I know how easy it can be to fall off track with eating and exercise while our loved ones (or family or friends) are in town and especially while they are staying with us....just remember all of the hard work that you have done, and why you are doing it! One trick that I have for helping burn some extra cals while I am out....bowling, pool, darts, or dancing!! This is your lifestyle change, and you will need to find ways to be active, even if you are having a few cocktails on the side!! good luck girly :drinker:

Kandace-way to get to spin afterall!! Was the teach on time?? *cheers(with water of course)* to healthier ways this week for sure! This week, I am really focused on killing my eating and exercise...so I can show the scale who's boss in 8 days! :flowerforyou:

Cait-as you know, I have read and commented on your blog...and I wish nothing but success for you!! You are gonna kill it for the next 28 days! :heart:

Megan-I think that not knowing what the scale says MAKES you stay on track...the first 2 days I was like "oh well, I have 3 weeks to get the number back down!" but then I realized...3 weeks is not a lot of time to not only lose what I wanted to, but it's also not a lot of time to lose that plus a gain from being bad!!! Changed my ways pretty quick (2 days like I said!) LOL :laugh: CONGRATS on beating your PR for a 5K and for setting a base time to start out with...you are gonna do great!

Bethany-way to keep a positive attitude through all of these changes!! CONGRATS on finishing school and finding a good place to live!! I am sure you will be glued to the wagon again soon...and I can't wait to see ya back at it!:wink:

Mariam-great goals for the rest of the month...you are gonna kill it!! and if you have any ?'s about abbreviations feel free to ask!! (AFM-as for me, WO-workout, PR-personal record).

Aly-first off...don't let the difference on the scale bother you...it is a new scale so it most likely is not going to match up to your old one!! I highly doubt that it is a true gain! Second off...Megan is thinking about putting the scale away in June...maybe you could partner up with her on that...it's super nice to have someone doing it with you, and holding you accountable to your challenge (THANKS Allie!!). And 3rdly....just a observation...your wedding date is the same as MY old anni :smile: And congrats on finding your venue and the dress fitting BETTER than a glove! :happy:

AFM-still No scale...and only 8 days to go!! Yeah!! Today's menu is great and even though it is my "rest" day I still got in my ab routine! Feeling pretty good about things today...let's hope it stays that way! :smooched: