Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers. Hope you all has a wonderfull weekend. Mine was favolouse.

Gayla I am using flicker now. or I ahould say i am leaarning to used it You don't have to mess with that IMG stuff. I don' know if I an this morning will hav to give it a try. again without Alice being here. She slso downloaded book reading site and order me a cookbook on Paleo . Oh what fun. It is kindle. I can make the print as big as I need them,

Barbie I havent look into that new site You gave us but I certainly will. My feeble old brain can just take in so much at a time.
    Deb I am sp screw up on keeping my dairy And i really dont surpose to on the plan I am on. But i so want to keep up with my carbs
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    1276625whkfo3ar2e.gif

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day and appreciates the freedom we have in this Country thanks to all who serve, served and died for us. :heart: :heart: We will be going to the parade and maybe some swimming today and will end up at my step sons. It will be a fun day for the kids and when they are happy I am happy.

Have a wonderful day, as Gayla said you are family!!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I would like to share this with our group, whether domestic or "friends", as it is self explanatory...WE ARE ALL ONE!!! :drinker:

Written by an Australian Dentist
    __________________________THANK YOU, AUSTRALIA________________________

[img][/img]1268293dwag1jwqez.gif

To Kill an American
    You probably missed this in the rush of news, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper, an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is. So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

'An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, Arab, Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans..

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than inAfghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion.. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous
    land in the history of the world..
    The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous.. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan ..
    The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001, earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.
    So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world.. But, in doing so, you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

[img][/img]1258764lk0t479j1w.jpg
    ________________________________________________[_______________________________________________________

I found this to be profoundy moving, and a re-iteration of what my generation learned in public schools as soon as we could Pledge Allegiance to our Flag! Memorial Day is a very moving Holiday for us, and I'm sharing this e-mail I received today; a reminder of who we are! Thanks for having the patience to read it!
    Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    MARIE,, fantastic picture of two happy people! ANd you both have much to be smiling about! :bigsmile:

DEE...I stand in awe of your accomplishment! Ya done GREAT ! :flowerforyou:

BARBIE; I am having so much good luck with your link (as you can see!); not so much luck with the bread! So far, holding my own, but never again will I buy that fabulous homemade CRUSTY delicious (healthy?) bread, even if it kills me to pass it by!
    Yes, please do explain once again the isegenix WOL, as I, too, do not quite understand it. Your energy level and weight consistency are pretty darn impressive!

DEB, you might want to delete your Adobe Flashplayer and re-download it again at www.adobe.com...as it is being constantly upgraded and the old versions become dangerous, anyway! Go to you Control Panel/Programs/uninstall/Adobe Flash, and then onto the ADOBE website to install the latest version.
    By the way, the bread WAS sliced; it didn't ever make it into the freezer! I still am redoing the refrigerator to see where it makes the most sense for things to be easily found! Attempting to fit all the tall stuff on the door shelf that's high. Slowly but surely it's starting to look better! The all-over temperature on this is extremely even, so nothing freezes near the walls. My "toy"!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JERI, :heart: :heart: :heart: We are here for you, dear gal! Lean on us at this time, however we can help!

SANDY said..
    ".Cheryl said Phil was in a foul mood and Babe is still cranky so it all worked out for the best."
    Isn't it nice that somehow things straighten themselves out about our worst apprehensions??? Sandy, you have great strength, and handle things so graciously. Just keep that lovely chin up!

GAYLA---what a nice story regarding Neil's decision. Obviously he feels needed and part of his new home! What an achievement, and how important for his self esteem! We are all truly happy for all of you!
    You have real courage, Gayla, for undertaking more redecorating, so you must be very pleased with your achievements so far!:wink:

OK, off to lunch, and will hold the last of the bread, I hope. So what happened to the new-found self control?:ohwell:

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Well, I never had lunch; got lost finding photos to upload and lost figuring out how to get the "restored" file to upload! Gosh, I doubt I'll remeber how I bubled my way to the few I succeeded doing! My new MAIN photo was probably '04, crossing the Rhine to visit a castle overlooking the river, where the old lords used to collect fees from the boats passing under!

[img][/img]490853w4x8a95fp0.gif

Now, I loved this picture from Barbie's link, but I cannot figure out how to put it into an e-mail! Can anyone help out? I don't want it as an attachment, and I can't figure out how to simply include it! (P.S. Forget it; I just R/clicked "Copy" and then pasted it on my email, and it worked!)

The sun is shining and it's pouring outside my window! That's Florida!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Sorry, BARBIE, but I'm getting carried away by your darn website link---no lunch---no nosh---no nothin'! Here's one I found for all you DANCE-A-HOLICS, and I finally got a moving graphic!

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif

Don't you feel like joining them? Worth how many calories burned?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Buzz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good afternoon to all. I wore my red down vest and knitted wool stars and stripes hat today first to walk the poodles in the neighborhood and later at the dog park. That tells you that we don't have summery weather :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nevertheless Jake planned a great barbecue for us. He picked out the rib eye steaks, bbq sauce, and corn on the cob and grilled the steaks on the gas grill outside. I cooked the corn on top of the stove and roasted onions, peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini in the oven.:bigsmile: We rarely eat read meat so this was a special meal for us :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, how great to hear that Neil is gaining some more independence. His choice to go back to his home rather than stay with you was another step for him in being a separate entity.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: After all the years of caring for him, it must feel strange............Isn't part of the challenge of remodeling that once you do something you start to see more things that you want to change or fix ??

:flowerforyou: Marie, one good thing about keeping up with your food diary is you can track certain nutrients. I looked at your diary for today and noticed that your new paleo lifestyle is keeping the sodium down and I know that was a problem for you for awhile.:bigsmile: I have never used a Kindle but you make a good point about it that you can make the print bigger. That sounds like something useful. I like the feel of holding a book so I haven't been interested in Kindle or the other electronic books.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I love the holiday graphic. I hope all goes well for you at your stepson's today. You are such a trooper going there week after week. I know Babe appreciates your willingness to do that.

:flowerforyou: Buzz, thank you for sharing the article about being an American. I am grateful for my country and my blessing to have been born here and for the people who have protected us.:bigsmile: Sometimes I have to detour around the bakery section in the grocery store because the bread looks so good.:laugh: :laugh: You have quickly become an expert with posting glitter graphics :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Deb and Buzz, Isagenix is a nutritional cleansing and fat burning system.........it was developed by a formulator who was trying to make something to remove the poisons from a spider bite from his body and discovered that his formula promoted weight loss. Isagenix is primarily meant for nourishing your body and cleansing out all the impurities that accumulate in the cells which in turn releases fat and helps to build lean muscle mass. Jake found out about it from his chiropractor whose mission is to help people "Think well, move well, and eat well". Jake had been wanting to lose weight (the cardiologist had been pressing him but nothing he did seemed to work and what did work wasn't something he could stick to). He decided to give the Isagenix program a try and bought what he needed for 30 days. I was skeptical but agreed to make some changes in my eating to go along with him. The program is two Isagenix meal replacement shakes and 400-600 calories in a meal and small snacks each day and a cleanse day one day a week. After just a few days before I could even notice any weight loss, Jake stopped taking his long afternoon nap and exhibited energy that I hadn't seen in years. After awhile I joined him on the program and have stayed with it for more than two years.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: The cleanse day is what cleans the impurities from your cells (it's not a colon cleanse). The products are natural and herbal. On the cleanse day we have a four ounce cleanse beverage four times a day, a nutritional drink called Ionix Supreme and some Isagenix snacks and supplements. One of the snacks is a dark chocolate called IsaDelight.:bigsmile: We use our cleanse day as a day of rest and do restful chores, relax together, watch TV, and often take a nap.:bigsmile: I have always been pretty energetic so I was amazed when I began to have even more energy and became more inclined to walk or dance rather than sit at the computer or sit and do crafts.
  • barbiecat
    Options

OMG, Buzz, this is the greatest picture I've seen:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I may have to steal it and put it in my signature :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com]1012211lx8cnekhbs.gif[/url]

Say Barbie that was pretty somple and so cute thanks
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    You can steal it, Barbie; for you, it's appropriate, you know!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marie, you're becoming the real pro!!!:drinker:
    Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Another nice day here today. We were as busy as could be. First we had to drive 5 of our grandkids to soccer because the 19 month old was sick and then took my Mom for blood tests. Finally at about 4;30pm we were able to head home.

It is good to keep busy.

Here's another photo from our trip to Ontario and Quebec.

5779095325_5679e5d85d.jpg
    Wild Flower in Rural Quebec by FancyLady, on Flickr
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers

That must have bee a lovely place Jeri The. Flowers are amazing.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! :flowerforyou:

Wonderful weekend! However, this morning I'm wringing out laundry. My washer filled and died.:grumble: Repairman comes Friday. Things could be worse. :ohwell:

I was still at goal this morning......Tomorrow's official weighin. I need to learn how to post photos on the forum so I can post the before/after. Jeri, how did you post that gorgeous flower picture?

Bandit's doing well. Meds seem to be working. :happy:

It's very hot here today. Since I'm going to the Mall to get my hair cut, I'll mall walk in the cool.

Later! :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Dee here is a site that may help you. I did me

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/26580-photo-help

Its lots of fun.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Sneakers! It's been a beautiful day here, sun very warm when it peaked out from behind the clouds, and after ,,the Library van, shopping, making a spicy chickpea and potato thing for lunch, I've spent the past couple of hours re-potting tomatoes and cucumbers and hauling them to the other end of the garden. Planting out Dwarf French beans, and planting up wall troughs with bedding plants. That's what I like in the way of exercise!
    After misbehaving badly over the last couple of weeks (calorie wise, nothing else worse luck :laugh: ) I have finally climbed on the wagon again, and Brian has agreed that we need to do something together. Nothing to do with the "fitted" shirt he bought that is a smidgeon tight you understand :wink: I'll keep mentioning the bikes he always says we're going to get.
    I haven't had time to catch up with all the posts I've missed, so do forgive me for not mentioning anyone, just I wish you all health and happines, Judi xxx
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well, I see that in my absence, everyone has learned how to get the dancers without me.....GOOD FOR Y'ALL!!!!:happy: I see a few things that I can use as well.

Also looks like everyone's loved ones are doing better, thank God for that!:happy:

It's hotter than blazes here, well....almost as hot as blazes.....:devil:

I'm going to try to get back on the wagon. I started logging my food today. Have not been on the scale, I'm scared to death. I think I'll wait till next week. Hmmmm.....I think I smell a poopie diaper on my lap:frown:

Maddie :heart:
    stinky.jpg
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marie!:smile: I don't have my pictures on a website (and there's no way I'm putting that before picture on one!), so I'll just put it on my profile. I looked for the before picture this morning and I actually can't find it. Hmmmmmm!:ohwell:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Sneakers:

I have not been MIA because this holiday weekend I was at our sailing club
    getting the boat ready with Dave. Scrubbing and polishing, scrubbing the deck and the
    inside. It is ready to sail now I just have to get some snacks and food on
    board. The weather wasn't the greatest at times and Sunday night was a major
    rain storm and the lighting would not quit.
    Monday was sunny and hot and we got a chance to finish up.

Saturday we had a buyer come and look at our old boat and did make us an offer
    and now we are literally waiting for the check in the mail. Fihgers crossed. :tongue:

The graphics on here are amazing.:smile: I am not very good at things like that. I would like
    to show you all our boat but I don't how to do it on here. I do have some pictures
    on my profile if you want to see them. Dave took some more pictures yesterday so
    maybe I can get them on too.

The weather here is finally improving and it is warm and sunny todayand I took my walk at lunch.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I thought I'd post a before and after picture :bigsmile:

BEFORE MFP

227460hncso0xtb6.gif

AFTER MFP

• LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options