Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Maddie, love your before and after pictures, I think you were cuter before. :laugh:

Shirley, good luck with both boats, I hope the check arrives soon and your new sailing days can begin.:flowerforyou:

I had posted a post on Face book last night complaining I had a bad day. Everyone is wondering what happened so I will vent to you since if I vent on FaceBook some people who I do not want to see will read it and cause me more grief.

Zack has been good, home schooling is the hardest since I am not good in new math. We had an incident at Phil's yesterday which was stressful. I guess Zack and Marisa were playing outside while Cheryl and I were setting the table. A neighbor called to say the kids were in the street although Cheryl had seen it through the window and went out and hollered at them. Phil went out and got in Zack's face and screamed, yelled and used the "F" word to him which made Zack hysterical and he couldn't calm down, he was hyperventilating and wanted to go home. I did not take him home, although I should have since he was so upset, but Phil did go to him and apologize for MFing him. It put a strain on the day and Phil went upstairs to pout until Cheryl told him to come down and keep his dad company since I had gone in the yard with the kids. Phil wouldn't eat dinner either, so it put a strain on the whole visit. Zack was wrong and shouldn't have gone in the street especially since Marisa followed him, but Phil shouldn't have sworn at him and would be furious if someone did that to Marisa. To make matters worse later while watching TV I noticed I lost the birthstone in my ring and I just claimed a lost earring so I can't make another claim. Bad day!!! I will be fine and appreciate all those who were concerned. I now have to try and let it go because I was feeling physical sick over the whole thing.

Before that we were having wonderful day, we went to the parade where the kids got candy galore, then walked to the memorial park and had hot dogs, then Cheryl and I took Marisa and Zack to the pool. Everything was great until we went to Phil's house and if he weren't my husband's son I would prefer never to see him.

Hope your day is wonderful and stress free.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandy Sorry that Pjhile acted up and ruined the fun you all was enjoying.

Barbie enjoy your before and after picture. Cute as Can be..
    Maddie good to see you.around again.

Judi good seeing you .
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Here's MY before picture, and I hope it's an inspiration to all of you to be what you wish to be!
    [img][/img]612099rjwzc6geeh.jpg

The after pic will follow somtime in the future, if there is a future :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now, gosh SANDY, I really empathize with you; not an easy scene to swallow! Phil does sound like a super lout, and I doubt his Dad is even cognizant of his behaviour, and if he is, he's probably pretty defensive about his son, so I think you perhaps acted in the only way possible to avert a real family disaster! :flowerforyou: for holding your true feelings in bay! And vent, vent, vent to us...your other "family"...as loudly and often as you need to! Several of us are in second or third marriages, along with all the advantages and disadvantages, and we are here to support you whenever you need us!:love: And a parting shot; stay away from toxic people!:grumble:

JERI, gorgeous wildflower, splendid photography! Busy, busy lady!:flowerforyou:

DEE-good luck at weigh-in tomorrow! I think you'll do just fine, and glad Bandit's coming along well...:bigsmile:

MARIE: that link should be a great help. Is there any way to preserve it here on this board? Like I think you were going to have the birthday link below your signature, and maybe this, too? Or am I mixed up about who's doing that?

JUDI, I hope once you get your bikes, you'll do better than we did; we gave away Mike's beautiful Motobecane racer, and my glistening green Scwinn sits in the garage as a drying rack for sweaty towels! Ugh! And now I'm a bit nervous about riding it, anyway!:noway:

MADDIE, DD, how was your little vacation? I heard about the heatwave, and sympathized with the NE! Especially for those of you sniffing dirty nappies!:laugh: As for the dancing gal and her kitty, I can't remember which site I found it and I want to find some more of those! What are the moving ones called again? My Halfzeimers seems to have returned! So good to have you back, so I'm moving over to make room for you on the wagon!:drinker: By the way, WHAT is your main picture now? Can't make it out unless it's something you found in outer (cyber)space!

Hey, SHIRLEY, good luck with both the boat AND the pictures! So much to do, so little time...:wink:

BARBIE, don't know whether I like your before picture better or our dancing lady!:smooched:
    Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Working hard on my AFTER picture, and here's the proof...WHEW, exhausted!!!

[img][/img]33627qz0kw47zut.gif

:wink: Buzz
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Maddie, love your before and after pictures, I think you were cuter before. :laugh:

Shirley, good luck with both boats, I hope the check arrives soon and your new sailing days can begin.:flowerforyou:

I had posted a post on Face book last night complaining I had a bad day. Everyone is wondering what happened so I will vent to you since if I vent on FaceBook some people who I do not want to see will read it and cause me more grief.

Zack has been good, home schooling is the hardest since I am not good in new math. We had an incident at Phil's yesterday which was stressful. I guess Zack and Marisa were playing outside while Cheryl and I were setting the table. A neighbor called to say the kids were in the street although Cheryl had seen it through the window and went out and hollered at them. Phil went out and got in Zack's face and screamed, yelled and used the "F" word to him which made Zack hysterical and he couldn't calm down, he was hyperventilating and wanted to go home. I did not take him home, although I should have since he was so upset, but Phil did go to him and apologize for MFing him. It put a strain on the day and Phil went upstairs to pout until Cheryl told him to come down and keep his dad company since I had gone in the yard with the kids. Phil wouldn't eat dinner either, so it put a strain on the whole visit. Zack was wrong and shouldn't have gone in the street especially since Marisa followed him, but Phil shouldn't have sworn at him and would be furious if someone did that to Marisa. To make matters worse later while watching TV I noticed I lost the birthstone in my ring and I just claimed a lost earring so I can't make another claim. Bad day!!! I will be fine and appreciate all those who were concerned. I now have to try and let it go because I was feeling physical sick over the whole thing.

Before that we were having wonderful day, we went to the parade where the kids got candy galore, then walked to the memorial park and had hot dogs, then Cheryl and I took Marisa and Zack to the pool. Everything was great until we went to Phil's house and if he weren't my husband's son I would prefer never to see him.

Hope your day is wonderful and stress free.
    The before and after photos were Barb's. Ooops :laugh:
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Buzz, you're a hoot! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My computer is acting up, so I will be quick in case it cuts me off!
    I have taken a couple of days off work, and so far all I have done is shop, run round after the grandkids and driven my youngest back & forth to dancing! I intended to go out but no time, where does it all go?

My daughter bought The Biggest Loser on Wii and Zumba dvd. Both are great fun, so I am hoping to get a lot more exercise done. I seem to be busier now than ever before!!!

Maddie, its so good to have you back:bigsmile:

Sandy, what a %$£*II$!!!!!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sorry I did,nt mean to send that, I had'nt finished!

Buzz, Love your pics! Have'nt had a chance to follow your instructions for flashplayer yet, but I will get to it. Feel like I'm missing out:laugh:

Judi, so glad you're back. It must help when you do it together (diet I mean):wink: I know this is strange, but I have never ridden a bycycle,(only a 3 wheeler when I was very young) especially outdoors.!! My dad would never let me, nor my sisters have one. His younger sister fell off one at 16, hit her head & died. She actually died of a brain tumour but he blamed falling off the bike. So he was paranoid. He used to go mad when my kids were out on theirs. Hope you get them and have lots of fun. I would quite like a tandem, I think:laugh:

Speak later. Take carexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Hello ladies, just done a shift, my body is hurting. Started excising again now I have calmed down a bit. Sure hurts when starting from scratch again. Almost lost my back again getting into the fridge at work, way down there, the company's should stop putting freezers in them and just make a higher fridge.

Must have made it up to the 30's today, got a wind burn just walking 15 minutes.

Hope all is well here, I'm well here.

Marilyn
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bad day all around. Bad news here too. My dd just phoned to say that my two grand daughters collided on the trampoline. One knocked out 1 tooth and loosened another and the little one has a big gash in her head. This happened when my dd's husband was taking their 19 mo. old little guy to the emergency because he has been sick. Whew!!!!

I dropped my iPod today and broke it and the doctor's office phoned, but didn't leave a message. Scary!!!

Is this all a bad dream?

Hope so.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Marie, you are becoming such a champ on the computer. I know you always say that you need Alice to help you but I think you are much more capable than you realize.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Jeri, your photography skills are remarkable. What beautiful pictures :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Dee, when my clothes dryer broke, someone told me that it was a "luxury problem" because there were a lot of people my age still doing their laundry at the laundromat . You are so right that things could be worse. I'm so glad that Bandit is doing well.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Judi, it is true that doing a food plan with your spouse is great. Jake and I have been doing this together for over two years and we love it.

:flowerforyou: Maddie, sorry it's so hot and happy to see you back with us.......your great sense of humor is always missed when you are gone.

:flowerforyou: Shirley, congratulations on finding a buyer for your boat.:bigsmile: Now you can really enjoy the new one :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I think the saddest thing about all the troubles with your step son is that your husband is not able to acknowledge how toxic he is to your family.:sad: Being caught in the middle between your husband and his son is a terrible place to be:sad: I believe in supporting one's spouse, but in this case, it's pretty hard for you to do.:sad:

:flowerforyou: Buzz, that is an amazing "before" picture :bigsmile: I knew there was a playful part of your life :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Deb, your new exercise opportunities sound great......can't wait to hear how they work for you

:flowerforyou: Marilyn, be careful, we want you fit and active for a long time :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Jeri, wow, did you ever have a day full of challenges. don't read anything into the doctor's call......new privacy laws keep doctors from leaving any information (even good news) as a message :bigsmile: and what a shame about your ipod :cry: :cry: when I ran my fancy cell phone through the washer last year, I felt sad like someone had died :cry:

:flowerforyou: I have over 25,000 steps on my pedometer thanks to walking the dogs around neighborhood more than once, going on a walk with Jake that turned out to be an hour long and then going to the dog park for an hour. A friend was supposed to come over after work to walk with me and she canceled at the last minute so I'm enjoying an evening of rest :bigsmile:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I've been in the mood for old jokes today. How about this one....very old but classic....

In a small village there was a Friar who operated a flower shop. The villagers were upset with him because in his shop he had a meat eating plant. They said, "You know Friar, one of these days that plant will cause some real trouble." Sure enough, one day it grabbed a child and nearly gobbled him up before he was rescued. Now they were really mad.

The minister went to the Friar and tried to reason with him, "Please get rid of that plant." he said, but the Friar woldn't budge. Then the Mayor had a try at the Friar, but still no results. One by one the city council members and other important people of the village tried to reason with the Friar....all to no avail.

Finally they asked Hugh, the village blacksmith to see what he could do. Hugh went into the florist shop, talked to the Friar for awhile, came out and went back to his own shop. In just a few minutes the Friar loaded all his plants and other possessions onto his truck and high-tailed it out of town never to be seen again.

The Moral of This Story? Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.

Hey!!!!I I know it's bad, but I'm 71. Give me a little slack! Heheheheheheh!
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't been checking in too often. I didn't do well on the clinical trial. It kept making my blood glucose crazy. It was not fun. It kept me busy going for blood work-ups, EKG;s ECCO's. Two or three times a week I was running somewhere for some test . All that and having to go off the drug so often because of my diabetes and using insulin for the first time in my life was very trying. Besides the drug kept me half asleep all the time. I didn't realize until afterward that I was actually depressed. They finally gave up and took me off the trial. After a CT the doctor said that I was only a little WORSE than I was before I started. So much for me and a clinical trial.

I am now taking a standard chemo treatment and started feeling better after just a cople of days. I'm wide awake and enjoying life again. The final outcome of everything is always in God's hands. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm taking a page from Mariah's book. She is always saying, "Granny, this is the best day ever." I've decided to make every day my best day ever. And so far it's working out pretty well. "This is the day the Lord hath made...I will rejoice and be glad in it." How can a day the Lord has made be anything but the best ever???

I don't mean to make this all about me, but some days it's just like that!
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just wanted you to know that I am still around. Between the French Open (tennis) and working outside I have neglected you!! I have not forgotten you tho! It has been cool today and the mosquitoes visited while I was outside. I got my tomatoes and pepper planted as well as the cucumbers. Idug up all the beds, mostly. I got very whiney about the blister I got on the palm of my right hand. I put a blister pad on it after it opened up. No sympathy from Dave. The thought of him finishing digging the beds was just a dream. Sigh! I picked up my flowers but have decided my planters really do look too tired so they will have to wait until I get new ones later this week.

Sandy -- I would really like to have a chat with Phil. He should realize how lucky he is to have you. Hope you can get to your meeting this week. Hugs to zack!

Jeri -- prayers for you continue. What a day for you!

Maddie -- I want to express my sympathy to you on the loss of your wonderful Mother. I am sorry that I wasn't here to support you.

Marie -- don't worry about that small gain. It will come off.

I will touch base with the rest of yoy soon. Be well. Gayla :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Maddie, sorry about the mix up, but since you are the dancing queen, I just presumed it was from you. Barbie, sorry I didn't credit where credit was due. Whoever the heck posted it, it was hilarious!!!

Gayla, Phil never admits when he is wrong about anything. The good thing is that kids are resilient and Zack was fine today. He is missing his mom, but I think because he is bored. Today was a rest day for me, so he had nothing to do, but did keep himself entertained. Hope your hand heals so you can get those flowers planted.

Irene, your joke was so funny, thanks for sharing, I happen to love the jokes that have pun endings. It is really good to hear from you and we appreciate your update. Sorry the clinical trial didn't work for you but as you said God must have another plan. Hopefully the chemo will help but in the mean time, it sounds like you are enjoying each day for each day and spending time with Mariah must be wonderful, she sounds like such a sweetheart.

Barbie, you exhaust me with your walks and exercise, but that is why you are so thin, you follow your journey without fault. My husband does admit his son is a very unhappy person and all he talks about is himself. I guess we should feel sorry for him instead of being angry at him, but there are times like yesterday when he doesn't make it easy. I think I will find something to do Sunday so I will be unavailable to go there.

Jeri, your day will be better tomorrow, it must have been something in the air this weekend. I am so sorry about your granddaughters and hope they were baby teeth that were knocked out. Did the little one get the gash from the teeth?
    And I hope the baby is ok after his visit in the ER. Sorry about your IPod and I agree with Barbie, doctors and nurses usually don't leave messages any longer with all the new laws. Prayers going your way for a good call tomorrow.

Marilyn, take it easy on that body, after not exercising for a while it is best to start slow and light. Be careful with your back, I know mine is acting up again and I am sticking with walking for now. The 30's? Wow, it is cold there.

Deb, I had a few choice words for Phil myself, but did manage to keep quiet. There is no sense in arguing with a dry drunk as much as you wouldn't argue with a drinking alcoholic. I am so sorry about your sister and do understand why your dad was paranoid but it is a shame you never learned to ride a two wheeler. A tandem sounds fun though, go for it!!

Buzz, I love your before and after pictures you were and are one hot mama!! I do know Phil is toxic and I try to keep my distance even while at his house, but every once in while he does something that I would just love to tell him off. I do not, because I know better and so I must then find someone to vent and it is usually you lovely ladies.

Marie, thanks for the kind words. Don't worry about the weight gain, as you know sometimes salt retains fluid or something we ate a little different. You are doing well so go with the flow.

My granddaughter left Portland to start her 3 month training in Togo, Africa where she will be for the next two years. :cry:

Tired, so I better go to bed. Have a good night, sleep tight.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253627-senior-golden-sneakers-june-2011

Link for the Senior Golden Sneakers for June..................
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Sneaker Ladies,

Its Friday and day off. This morning took hubby to the car dealership for his car to be fixed.
    Then at 10:00 am I have to get my hair cut and I will look beautiful again. :wink:

They are predicting rain today and all day tomorrow. :sad:

We are having a Renaming and Non-renaming Party at the sailing club on Saturday night.
    Renaming the boat name for our friends and non-renaming our boat because we like the name and
    are going to keep it. TOUCAN It is going to be just snacks and drinks. We invited my daughter and son in law
    and friends of ours who we hang with all the time. My other daughter can't make it because she will be
    just coming back from Edmonton that night for work. The other people will be members of the club.
    Should be fun :drinker:

This is where I have the most trouble losing weight is the boating summer season. All the parties and eating
    and drinking. So I am going to take my one plate and fill it and then through the plate away. No its not
    china :noway: Wish me luck!! I am down two pounds from last weekend. The trick is to keep going.
    I will be good today and hope to drop another soon. It s a roller coaster ride :cry:

Have a wonderful Friday and keep drinking that water and do some exercise.:love:

Shirley