MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I don't watch the show. I did get sucked into a couple of the old episodes a couple weeks ago. They were playing a marathon it seems. I was just confused...the trailer I saw for the new season didn't make me any less confused. I think I'll pass. Big Brother starts in a couple weeks and that totally eats ALL my time for the summer.

So I had a horrible week. Didn't work out, ate crappy. I was just hungry all the time and ate whatever sounded good. I think I was having some anxiety issues, then I had a migraine yesterday morning. Unfortunately, they are getting worse with each one I have. Thankfully I have some migraine meds and it did kick butt! I think that is all over though - I hope.

Today is a new day. To start it off right I peeked at the scale and it kept registering 143.2 - down 1 whole pound! However, we'll see what Wed shows. I'm hoping its still down.

I plan to hop back on the turbo fire bandwagon at week 6 - still cardio so that makes me happy. I need this. I want this. Hopefully I'll feel the same tonight when I'm supposed to workout. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Shannon, that's a great weight loss with 2 more days to go....oooo, maybe our team won't lose and I can stay in another week...either way, I'm "OK" with the 2nd Chance category. Anyway, my sister said I looked like I lost weight from the last time I saw her which was when this contest started after my trip to visit her. So, all is good for me. :smile:

Shout out to Brit....hope the move is going OK :grumble: Hopefully, all the packing and moving is not allowing you to snack. :laugh:

Debbie, hope your weekend was good. Did you decide to DVR - or not? You'll bounce back! I'm waiting for you go get some "did you lose weight" :drinker:

Off to C25K now....Week 3, wish me luck...BTW, the legs are toning up
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Good luck Kim! I'm toying with the idea of thinking I'm going to start that again...not likely but I've thought about it. You know how that goes. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Good luck Kim! I'm toying with the idea of thinking I'm going to start that again...not likely but I've thought about it. You know how that goes. :smile:

I'm finding that I like the challenge and have to push myself. I also like being outdoors and it's a quick 30 minutes with good calorie burn. I did the Jillian tape the other day and it wasn't so bad. Not like when I first started. It's a beast workout, for sure
  • nehtaeh
    Options

I'm finding that I like the challenge and have to push myself. I also like being outdoors and it's a quick 30 minutes with good calorie burn. I did the Jillian tape the other day and it wasn't so bad. Not like when I first started. It's a beast workout, for sure

It is...I gave that one away to a friend or I might try it again to see how I fared after doing turbo fire. Oh well. I don't mind the outdoors and we have a great place to be able to run, I just can't find the time in my life, not for leaving like that.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    bummed.... lady at work said I am losing my boobs. $itch
  • nisijam5
    Options
    bummed.... lady at work said I am losing my boobs. $itch

Agreed, B!tch...
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Somebody at work interrupted me.... how dare work interfere with my social networking????

I need some suggestions. We are contemplating driving to Alabama next week, 2 days in the car, 4 days there and 2 days in the car coming back. Yeah, I'm nuts. Need help for the diet and exercise ....

Saturday I can work out before we go and maybe pool at the hotel? Depending on the number of kids around. We normally take crap to snack on though. I am thinking hard boiled eggs in the morning so we don't have to stop for breakfast (hash browns, buiscuts, bacon etc) and maybe some oranges? Plums? I won't eat apples unless they are sliced. Then afternoon snacks, DH likes fritios and trail mix or nuts. How are the calories in trail mix? I know nuts are high? Any suggestions? I could pre pop some popcorn. Lunch and dinner are a crap shoot, depends on where we end up.

Sunday I can work out at the hotel before we leave. Not sure of the breakfast, depends on where we end up. Hampton usually has poached or hard boiled eggs and always fruit and cereal. Sometimes oats. Another snacky day.

Mon - Thurs should be able to walk outside if the weather is not too dang hot. No DVD so can't take the Leslie Sansone walking DVD,s. Any suggestions for indoor exercises using just my imagination? :wink: Mother and aunts eat out a lot, we will probably have to go at least twice but can cook the other 2 days.

Then 2 days back, snacky again. I needs some ideas. I don't want to go and put on a ton of poundage.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The C25K is a good workout and a great calorie burn, pretty quick & easy
    Self magazine has a tear out section of exercises that you could jump rope or jog in place and then do the exercises in between (they also have the exercises on-line if you bring a laptop)
    Olympic style sex (hubs will be happy)

Trail mix is high in fat and cals, popcorn would be better choice
    McDonalds egg Mcmuffin is a good choice (no hash browns), parfait from there is decent as well
    Stop at grocery stores instead of eating out and make stuff...talk them out of eating out and bbq instead?
    Pack a cooler full of eggs, water, lunch meats....limit yourself to 2 fruits per day (high calorie, sugars)

Can you read instead of snacking in the car?

I'll keep thinking....
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Hmmm, those are good suggestions. You could pre-slice your apples, not for the whole time but just before you go. A little lemon juice will avoid them browning (not sure how long that really lasts though). Trail mix sounds good - opt for the salt free kind. If you have a cooler you can even get some string cheese, yogurt tubes (or even yogurt cups).

Pre-popped popcorn sounds good to me - unless you don't like that. You can bring along some random seasonings to make it different. there are some really good kashi snacks that would be yummy to have on hand. Hmmm, I guess just think about what you would normally snack on and look for portable, healthier options.

As for exercise, walking sounds like a good option especially if the scenery is nice. Maybe try to do some outdoor activities, venture to a park that makes you walk.

Sounds like fun...where in Alabama? I have family in Stevenson, its at the very north of the state. My cousin actually works in Tennessee and lives in Alabama.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    lunch meats is a good idea.

Mmm, I love McDonals fruit and yogurt parfait! It's only $1 as well!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. I've been a little out of it lately. But, I peeked at the scale this morning and I'm down a little bit, so that's nice. Yesterday my husband got a cinnamon roll that I know is delicious. He kept asking me if I wanted some and I actually turned it down and didn't eat any of it. I was pretty proud of myself since my will power has been almost non-exist lately. We still have about 3 weeks left until our move so that's going slow for right now. Trying to get a few thing packed here and there so it doesn't all get left to the last week.

Debbie, good luck on your trip. You've gotten some good tips so far. I would just say if you're going to go out to eat, try to look up the nutrition info beforehand if possible.

Shannon congrats on the 2 lbs lost so far.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    keep the ideas coming....
    Kim I do read alot and nap too :laugh: But then DH gets bored and wants snacks. I guess if I talked to him more it would keep us both from snacking.
    Shannon, it's also north Alabama, Decatur and Moulton, just west of Huntsville. We are going to the space center in huntsville so that should be some walking and then another day at a water park.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Debbie, the waterpark will be good exercise if you go down the slides...walking up all those stairs is a lot...if worse comes to worse, you can duct tape your lips

My detox is going very well...actually feels good to get back on track...my liver was screaming on the inside.

Brit, my hubs was active duty Army and we moved a LOT. I don't envy you and all the stress. Keep your chin up!!
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Kim, my first husband was Navy and we moved a lot also! But they always did most of the packing, something about not insuring it if we packed it. After we divorced when my daughter was 3 the two of us moved 13 times before she got out of school, a different apartment every year it seems. Moved in 2 weeks once. Gosh I'm glad those days are over, now in the same house since 1998.

Britt, you have young kids right? How are they coping with the move? Excited or mad?
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Yay for True Blood!

Did you see it? What the heck was that? They've moved far away from the books that's for sure. I have to watch again tonight for everything I missed last night. :bigsmile:
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kim, my first husband was Navy and we moved a lot also! But they always did most of the packing, something about not insuring it if we packed it. After we divorced when my daughter was 3 the two of us moved 13 times before she got out of school, a different apartment every year it seems. Moved in 2 weeks once. Gosh I'm glad those days are over, now in the same house since 1998.

Britt, you have young kids right? How are they coping with the move? Excited or mad?

Yeah, I wish someone was coming to help us pack/move everything. A couple we knew was getting ready to move last year and he was in the Navy. They said they weren't allowed to pack anything, that someone was coming to pack up everything, move it, and unpack it. I guess that the same reason as you said.

I have a 1 year old and 6 year old. The 1 year old has no idea what's going on. The 6 year old goes back and forth. One day she is really excited, the next day she acts sad about moving. She was going to be moving schools anyways so that's not too bad but now she'll have to move again next year because their schools are split up with P-K through 1st and another school for 2nd through 5th.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, Brit, make sure you pack the scale last 'cause we have a weigh in Wednesday :wink:

McDebbie, that sounds like a lot of moving that I would not like...it's unbelieveable the crap we have all over the house.

Anyway, I just had a Jello Temptations Double Chocolate Pie for 120 calories and I ate it with blackberries and blueberries...very yummy for under 200 calories and I felt like I had dessert

The sloppy joe's I made today were a lot healthier than I thought...next time, I might try the low sodium ketchup to make it a bit healthier.

Well, signing out for now...might go kayaking with the kids tomorrow
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yay for True Blood!

Did you see it? What the heck was that? They've moved far away from the books that's for sure. I have to watch again tonight for everything I missed last night. :bigsmile:
    it was a pretty boring episode until the last 5 mins then it ended! Cause I'm an Eric fan, so hot lolol. Breaking my dessert rule tonight cause even with dessert I'm net 1000 cals. It will be a long work day tomorrow so I hope I am motivated enough to do some exercise after work, too early a start to do before work. :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Peeps,

I finished W3D1 of the C25K...3 minutes of straight running there. Today, I think I might do a Jillian DVD and some elliptical to get my hour in.

I guess it's another early dinner for me, low sodium and lots of water.

I work tomorrow morning and have not requested off. I will not be able to post my weight until the afternoon when I get home. I wish everyone good luck tomorrow.

Chipolte Rubbed Flank Steak....goods yummy and super easy to make...I'm thinking asparagus and some kind of avocado salsa

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chipotle-rubbed-flank-steak-50400000112989/print/#