Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Oh I see.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Thats what I thought but then what kim said made me think otherwise. Ah, whatever ill just wait to see the outcome.

I dont any of the 2nd chance ladies would be bad at all, like I said before. Its just a matter of who gets moved down I guess.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well, MB's, Debbie's gone. I wondering if that's going to bite her in the butt. She's going on vacation and has to come back and weigh in with them.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Welcome Heather! :smile:
  • faithikins
    Options
    We all went a bit quiet. :laugh: How is everyone doing?

I let my self go for 3 days but back on the wagon yesterday. The scale going up and up was a bit of a wake up call. I can't let myself get back to what I was after all the hard work I have put in. :frown:

Back to half hr daily exercise and keeping those cals in check. I hope you guys pull off a win his week. :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, I also had a 3 day binge and back on it yesterday...the scale goes up, up and up. I am trying to nip it now before it gets out of control. The past 2 weeks of gains have really hurt my self-esteem and motivation. I feel like giving up!!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Faith, I also had a 3 day binge and back on it yesterday...the scale goes up, up and up. I am trying to nip it now before it gets out of control. The past 2 weeks of gains have really hurt my self-esteem and motivation. I feel like giving up!!!
    I feel ya, but I know what I was doing was working and if I give up and gain it all back I'd be so depressed!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yesterday all I ate for most of the day was a cup of fruit and an apple with peanut butter. Lucky I didn't really have time to eat much more because we ended up at a 4th of July Festival and I helped eat a funnel cake then had a slice of pepperoni pizza. I guess I didn't too bad considering we were at the festival for almost 4 hours and surrounded by tasty food booths that looked and smelled delicious. Today I ate my super delicious Kashi cereal and for lunch made a "pizza" It was diced tomatoes, garlic, and shredded parmesan cheese on top of a portobello mushroom cap. I've also only had a little bit of soda in the last days which is good for me.

I decided to restart Insanity this Saturday, so I got day one out of the way. Yesterday I didn't get to do it because we were gone pretty much all day. Today.....I can barely walk my calves are so freaking sore. I don't know if it's all from the Insanity workout but it probably didn't help walking so much yesterday. That's what I get for finally feeling more motivated.

How is everyone else's weekend going?
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Hi all. Well, I was eating poorly and really not trying very hard to get a workout in. so today I said enough. I am starting week 6 of turbo fire and will follow the schedule! I really want to see its effectiveness and I cant if im taking breaks, so here we go!

We have our food until payday on thursday so I shouldnt be too bad. I did buy some more yogurt so ill be set at work.

Lets do this thing... I guess ive found some motivation finally.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Girls....

Shannon, I hope that you totally get the 1%. That would be so cool.

I am definitely not eating Pizza Hut at 9 pm post weigh-in. I think that was part of the problem last week. The scale needs to move or I am going to LOSE MY MIND :angry: I will watch the sodium very closely today.

Starting Week 4 of the C25K...here I go :drinker:

C'mon Muscles Busters final push.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Kim - I am impressed with your C25K commitment!! I know its hard and you've been doing really well!

I won't bank on getting the 1% but it would be totally awesome, wouldn't it?

Oh, Kim - we went to Pizza Hut on Saturday and I thought of you. We ordered the Pizza rollers for the girls - they give you a lot of those things - and they loved them! We'll be heading back there for wings again - they are pretty good!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I like the pizza rollers because I can usually limit myself to 2...I like the wings as well, they are good as well...I try to only eat two of those as well

Finished W4, D1 of the C25K...Shannon, thanks for noticing. I would not recommend doing in it ninty degrees...I did really good until the last 5 minutes jogging. I finished but felt like *kitten* afterwards, way too hot. :sick:

Shannon, I am so hoping that you get the 1% because we will need the advantage next week. :smile:

Brit, I am hoping that your stress results in rapid weight loss, you may as well get some benefit out of it. :wink:

Faith, I miss you...:cry:

Connie, shout out to you girl...I miss you too :flowerforyou:

Heather, tell me you lost 4 lbs this week!! :drinker:
  • faithikins
    Options
    I'm doing okish but the weight doesn't seem to be moving. I now have a head cold as well so I feel like crap and didn't exercise this morning. I can't wait until it warms up here. The cold and feeling sick gives you 0 motivation to get out of bed and exercise before work. Hopefully I at least maintain so I stay ahead in 2nd chance category.

Well done on C25K Kim. I stopped during week 4, it got brutal. I know how hard it is, so you are doing awesome.

Glad you have your mojo back Shannon, keep it up!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Oh I'm down 1.1 lbs sweet, maybe it won't be so bad tomorrow :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh I'm down 1.1 lbs sweet, maybe it won't be so bad tomorrow :laugh:

Awesome....1.9 lbs earns a 0.5 lb advantage for the 2nd chance peeps...good luck
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The word for tomorrow is "changes 7/6/11". Just hoping that everyone remembers that this contest is not about winning. It's about recognizing the successes, trying new things, making small changes here and there to be overall a healthier person. It's not about whether you win or lose the game.

I make smoothies and add ground flax seed for additional fiber and healthy omegas. I put fruit in some of my salad which reduces the need for extra dressing. We rarely order pizza anymore. I eat hamburgers on hi-fiber English muffins. I quit buying chips at the store. I don't drink beer nearly as much and switched to low carb mixed drinks. So many changes. I make sure to get the five fruits and veggies most days.

I've started the C25K. I love being outside WITHOUT an ipod and just enjoying the scenery about me. I focus on my breathing and the sound of my feet. Oh, I also get to defend my life 'cause I have a crazy, farm dog border collie who feels the need to chase EVERY car.

What changes have you made that are permanant?
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Sounds like we might do pretty well this week. I had meant to post that stuff about my possible loss here but oh well...maybe I can motivate someone anywhere to do more.

I did my workout and am done eating for the night, only water. I made banana bread and cant wait to eat some after weigh in in the morn. I really am not even hungry so thats good. I am thirsty though.

Everyone have a great night and see ya on the flip side :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Shannon, just wanted to say that you and I rocked the weigh-in today...hopefully, it will be enough to not be eliminated...I am sooo close to the 10 lb mark and hitting the 160's. This is the lowest weight I have been in a long, long time. For a holiday weekend, we did extremely well.

We will also have an advantage as a team for next week. I get a 0.5 lb advantage. I have been running this stupid contest and have NOT ever gotten a reward of any sort. I've always been the Nine Lives Award or eliminated. So, this is HUGE for me.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Yeah, I think we got this one - at least that's what its looking like so far. I saw Heather just posted, but again I'm lazy and don't know the difference from the last weigh in.

Kim, you are doing amazing and maybe you'll get out of the 170s next week! Keep up the good work and I think you just might!! I'm rooting for you :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Heather is down 2.2 lbs this week....whoosh, it's looking better...so far, we are down 5.8 lbs (without Brit's numbers). Losing Faith last week was hard.

Funny how it does seem to alternate each week on eliminations, I guess it's better than one team whomping on the other. :ohwell:

The comback person comes back in to 2 weeks...it's gonna be close because it looks like Connie found her mojo...I feel stressed about eliminations