MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Over winter, it is screwing with my exercise mojo as it is too cold to get out of bed!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Faith, I was laughing about your winter comment. You don't even get snow. :laugh

Peeps, just wondering how all are doing. I think I am in serious trouble and yesterday was not good for me. Anyway, hoping that I shed an extremity - or - figure out how to cheat by Wednesday. I've got a 0.5 advantage and collectively we've go a 1.5 lb advantage which may not be enough to beat the FFs. :grumble:
  • faithikins
    Options
    I have never seen snow in my life and am used to sunny Queensland, so this cold sucks IMO! Mind you I hate our summers too because you want to die. :laugh:
  • faithikins
    Options
    How do you guys exercise in the cold? aerobics by the fire place?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    How do you guys exercise in the cold? aerobics by the fire place?

Nah, exercising is how we stay warm :wink:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer the cold. I don't like the heat much, I don't like sweating. Ick! When its cold I can wear cute jeans and sweaters and bundle up if need be. And I don't feel like my head is going to explode when I work out when its cold.

I'm doing alright. The scale isn't moving down so far. I didn't look today and am hoping I'll at least maintain tomorrow. Getting back to the turbo fire just makes the scale stick, but that's ok. I am also donating blood tomorrow so I'm not going to starve (as if I ever really do). I'll try not to eat too late, but I need food so we'll see how that all works out.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    So, are we thinking the vibe is one of us is eliminated...

Shannon, you would maintain, I'd be up at this point. Brit, looked like you were down today. I saw the ticker come up with a weight loss. Heather, maybe??

I was really hoping to lose 10 lbs by the time I was eliminated :grumble: So, I hope I can hang in there another week.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I "think" tomorrow will be an ok weigh in for me. I've been doing really good the last few days with my diet, so I'm hoping it pays off some tomorrow. I don't think it will be a lot though :(
  • faithikins
    Options
    I've lost about .8 of a pound but went for a 1hr 50 min walk and hoping that kicks it down a bit.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I'm up .8. I attribute it to working out. I don't know what it is but I can't seem to love while I'm working out. If I stop, I can lose, but not during. I've seen this happen several times and its 4-5 weeks of steady working out, so not like my body is adjusting to something new. I know I'm toning and I guess I could be replacing fat with muscle but really, no poundage loss ever? It's kinda frustrating but not so much that I'm going to quit. I guess I'll just know for the comp (if I'm still in) that I can't lose while exercising. Any ideas why my body does this? Does anyone else?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I don't really look at what you eat. But, are you eating enough proteins and quality carbs? I think TF are pretty intense workouts from what I've heard. You would need to replace those cals, right? Anyway, replacing fat with muscle would be A-OK in my book.

I am still up today. I'm going to have a good breakfast (smoothie), drink lots of water, exercise and see if it goes down. If it doesn't, it doesn't and there's nothing I can do about it. I am completely frustrated after such a good week last week. I think Sunday did me in and I couldn't recover by today.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I posted a thread...I'm thinking maybe I don't give it enough time. Maybe I need longer than 2 months before my muscles will let go of the water. While I've done some things in the past I do feel like I was out of shape. So, maybe they are just still working and transforming and holding water. We'll see.

On a positive note - my iron was 13.5 today so I was able to donate! Woo hoo! Makes me feel good to do this. No workout for me tonight, but that's ok. I'm saving lives. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options

On a positive note - my iron was 13.5 today so I was able to donate! Woo hoo! Makes me feel good to do this. No workout for me tonight, but that's ok. I'm saving lives. :smile:

Yes, you are!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    :drinker:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I don't really look at what you eat. But, are you eating enough proteins and quality carbs? I think TF are pretty intense workouts from what I've heard. You would need to replace those cals, right? Anyway, replacing fat with muscle would be A-OK in my book.

I was going to respond to the eating. I eat a lot of carbs and try to get more protein than I had been. I know I need to eat better carbs but I am not lacking there that's for sure. Oh, and I do replace my exercise cals most of the time. Sometimes I don't, but I'm sure I make up for that on other days. I'd say I hit my goals, or come under, everyday if I average out my cals long term. I don't pay that close of attention anymore, I just try to make good choices and portion control. Eh, whatever. I lose at some point, and I am toning/changing my body, so whatever. I just am curious as to the 'why' of it all. Our bodies are incredible, I just wish I understood more about them.
  • brit1329
    Options
    So is it just down to me and you on the team Shannon? I guess we better be on top of our game this week to make sure nobody gets eliminated.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    That is pretty crazy! I will try hard. I took Tuesday night off, then Wed cause I donated blood. I will get back to the workouts tonight, although eating is where my biggest issues are. Good thing we don't have extra money right now or we'd probably be eating out. We do have a house stocked with good food though. Here we go!! Let's make it a great week! We can win this week for sure!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Brit, you way less than me and consistently lose more, what is your secret? What workouts do you do and how do you eat? I know my diet could use some work, but its not as bad as it could be. Just curious how you are so successful.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, MB...I am officially gone...but, not forgotten, I hope...I wish you guys the best!!! :flowerforyou:
  • brit1329
    Options
    Shannon: Honestly, I think the only thing I have going for me is I get lucky on weeks I go up a 1.5-2 lbs. and then just lose that weight back for the next week. I'm really hoping I don't keep that pattern next week, because we need to win this week. I know when I was doing Insanity though, I wasn't losing hardly any weight and it was driving me nuts, but I was losing inches. Maybe it's just a similar situation. I've been so stressed out I haven't worked out regularly in a few weeks. As far as diet, I kind of take a free day on Wednesday after weighing in (sometimes it lasts an extra day or two) Then I do my best to stay on track on the rest of the week. I'm trying to make sure I don't snack around through the day since that is my biggest downfall. So, three meals a day and two small snacks usually. Honestly, you are probably making more improvement to the way you look and feel than me. I've been so stressed out lately and haven't been on my best behavior health-wise recently.

Kim: Of course you aren't forgotten....good luck with the fat fighters.