Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Nice burn Kim! I wanna get one of these cool-dude workout videos you all talk about but they all seem really high priced so I just stick with my generic videos and running the track at the junior high down the street:ohwell: I live in a really hilly area and thought about running some of those today but its pouring down rain... Not a sprinkle... it's pouring!

Debbie, that 5'4 and under challenge... "The Diamonds" that you told us about... I applied and they accepted me! That challenge starts tomorrow. Not really sure how it works. I know i'm teamed up with someone else within our larger team and we have to motivate each other but that's about all i got right now. We get more info tonight but I figured any challenge is gonna help keep me losing weight so why not:wink:

My daughters facebook status yesterday "Its a sad day when your mom has more motivation than you do to go out and run". She also commented that i am in better shape than her.... Love it!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, the 5'4" challenge sounds interesting and I would qualify since I am 5'4"...can you post the link so I can check it out?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kasi, thanks for the the link. I checked it out and think that I am going to wait a little bit. I've got 6 active threads that I am trying to keep up with now.

Well, I took care of that nagging hunger yesterday. I don't know what's up with that!! Anyway, I feel better today. I'm thinking I need a bigger breakfast and taper at the end of the day to prevent binging. That's what I am doing today.

Going to to No More Trouble Zones now, which I am dreading. I took some before photos and then when I am done, I will take some after. I am hoping to see a difference. If all goes well, I will do W5D3 of the C25K. It involves a 20 minute run. Well, not sure if it's really a run. :ohwell:

I went "shopping" in the closet and tried on some stuff that I didn't feel comfortable wearing d/t big tummy. I was pleasantly surprised at some of the stuff.

I still hate the scale....:explode:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Kim, that's awesome about your "shopping" trip! Everything is fitting me better now but I haven't really tried any of the stuff that got to small.

I tried to go for a run with my dog this morning. I wanted to try running up this huge hill by my house but my damn dog pulled me most of the way! I'd try to catch up to his speed and he'd just run faster! Not gonna attempt that with him again:grumble:

On side note, my cat is missing:cry: He is an outside cat and stays away most of the day but comes home for breakfast and dinner. I haven't seen him in a little over 24hours. Normally I would assume that he's just out hunting but he has a huge absess on his face and I'm really worried. My mom said her cats get those things and they just heal on their own without needing to see the vet so I might be over-reacting but damn it I want my kitty to come home!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kasi, I do the C25K with the border collie pup...yes, he propels me forward and keeps me going.

Sorry, about the kitty. Mine is an in/outside kitty too. One time, cat was in neighbors' garage for 2 days. The abcess is probably from a stratch while hunting. Our cat had to be treated for that with a cone and everything.

You should try on the stuff that's too small you will be super surprised and happy :drinker: Hopefully, it won't be outdated.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    oops!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm hoping he is just hanging out somewhere to rest. We have a little kitten that attacks him everytime she sees him so maybe he's just playing it safe and staying away from that little *kitten*.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping he is just hanging out somewhere to rest. We have a little kitten that attacks him everytime she sees him so maybe he's just playing it safe and staying away from that little *kitten*.

Hope he turns up for you.

I have a cat but she's strictly indoors and very evil.
    When she was a kitten she stole a playstation controller and buried it in her litter box. LOL I still can't believe she did that.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Erin, I can't imagine the look on your face when you went to scoop that cat box! :laugh: Our cats used to like to bring us presents of dead birds, they were just so proud of themselves. Unfortunately all 4 are gone now. Kasi, hope your's shows up soon.

I agree with Kim, try on those clothes that are too small! I found quite a few things that actually fit. And some that it will be awhile yet. :grumble: I am trying to wear the work pants that are now a little too big while I can but they are making me look dumpy.

I am up 3 pounds and can't figure out why!! Ok, Smokey Bones b-b-q on Saturday and then hot dogs yesterday both full of sodium but it should be gone by now. I would hate to get eliminated now, I need another few weeks to get into the 160's! The 170's curse is at it again.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Debbie, guzzle that water!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Erin, that's probably the best cat story I've ever heard...

Debbie, it is the curse of the 170s. I think my body just likes to be here. I have no idea why. That's how I got eliminated from the last comp. BBQ. I ate it on a Saturday and was eliminated on a Monday.

I tried to do W5D3 of the C25K...FAILED...way too hot and humid...kind of bummed about that

I did get Ripped in 30 with Jillian. Even the cover looks scary!

Well, I am :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water like crazy with hopes of a flush.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    48 hours later and my cat is home!!! I'm at work but my daughter just IM me on Facebook... She says he has all sorts of gooey puss coming outta his face but he's home... Phewww!
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Glad the cat is home.

I'm guzzling :drinker: hope it helps
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    48 hours later and my cat is home!!! I'm at work but my daughter just IM me on Facebook... She says he has all sorts of gooey puss coming outta his face but he's home... Phewww!

Glad the cat's home! Sounds like a vet visit might be in order to get that infection/abscess under control. Good luck!

Thought I'd pop in and wish everyone well for tomorrow's weigh-in! I had an AWESOME day yesterday - everything clicked and I feel like it's just what I needed to get my mojo back. I've got a new workout plan figured out (thanks to the new app I'm using) and am signed up for two intermediate races between now and my half marathon in October. The last time I weighed myself (late last week?) I was up some more, but I think I'm just going to stay off the scale for awhile - at least a month. I need to focus on re-establishing healthy habits and not on my weight. The weight loss will happen when my habits are healthy.
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Yeah, glad the kitty is home!

My cat Kiri whom I don't really consider a cat... more like a calico tabby demon... has done many strange things over the years, but that was the best. We searched and searched for that freaking controller and when we found it... LOL... never expected that. She also used to climb drywall too. You'd come out of the bedroom and she'd be hanging there like... "Hello!"

I'm having a "I feel fat" week, but it doesn't help that Aunt Flo is here. I think I might have a slight loss, but it won't be much. *sigh*
    Ah well. My goal is to be in the 150's by August 9 so that when I go to the doctor for my physical that day I can be like... "SEE I've LOST WEIGHT! My BMI isn't in the obese category anymore!" *laughs* I'll show her!!!! I'll have to tell her to take the obese off my current health issues and make it "overweight" That way I'll be driven to get that off of there as well. lol

I'm rambling. My brain is fried after counting too many nuts, bolts, snap rings and etc today. I can't wait until inventory is done with at work. UGH!

Trent, as usual I wish you luck!
    You have to do what is best for you.

I'm going to do some L2 Shred now and then some Yoga to hopefully clear my mind....
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Hope we don't get our butt's kicked tomorrow, I was still up this morning but after all the water guzzling I was doing a lot of whizzing, much more than normal. (sorry if TMI) Kicked up the treadmill tonight and did an extra 5 minutes (big whoops :happy: ) but hey, I'm an old lady!

Trent, good to see you! Kim and Kasi, hope you are kicking it out to save us this week. :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yay, the kitty is home...someday, I'll tell you how my daughter lost our new cat at the park.

That's true, Trent, healthy living will move the scale. Glad you got the mojo back.

Erin, sorry about the fat week...I like the theory on the MD visit. I bet you'll be able to do it. My hubs just did a Ways to Wellness program and lost 25 lbs..his metabolic age went from 64 to 43. His real age is 52. The change is unbelievable. I bet yours is too.

The scale doesn't seem to be moving for me either way...
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Thanks, Kim. I hope the scale starts moving for you. Wish I had some miracle tip to help you... to help us all. lol

I just hope when I go in... she notices the weight-loss on the little computer of her. If I go in and she doesn't say a damn thing... I'm going to be screaming... Well... maybe not actually. I'm normally to even tempered for that. *sigh*

I've dropped actually more than the 28 since I last saw her. My highest weight was 205. I certainly notice a difference in my stamina thought and it's great. :)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I feel really good this week! People are totally noticing my weight loss and I've been getting lots of complements lately:blushing: I should have a good number to post...Go Fat Fighters!