Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Debbie, good luck on quitting smoking...geez, and this comp....your are a glutton for punishment :sad:

Erin & Kasi, warrior dash is so much fun and just finishing is the bomb...the costumes are awesome and the beer is cold and wet after that experience.

I am hoping to maintain for the next month!!!

Good luck everyone, I'll just post on the main board from now on!!!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Debbie... wow, you're taking a lot on. I quite smoking a few months ago and I feel much better for it. I've always been an on again off again smoker, but I think this time I'm done. As for drinking... can't afford it as it is... can't afford cigarettes either. I honestly think the fact that I can't go out and buy fast food is helping. With out current income money is really tight and we have to stretch food as far as we can. I had to break down and sign up for Foodshare three months ago. Talk about a hit to the pride.

Either way... I'm rambling... again.

Good luck Debbie. You can do. It sucks and it's tough but you will feel so much better in the long run once you're done coughing up yours lungs for the first couple of weeks.

I was just reading an article about sweetened beverages because my soda intake has gone up... I need to start making my green tea again and stay away from the freaking soda!!!!! *sigh*

Think I'm going to go do that right now.. green tea here I come.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Kim it was very bitter sweet when I read your post this morning. I knew I was in some serious danger of being eliminated and I REALLY didn't want that to happen but i'm sorry to see you go. At least you are the leader of this comp and we will still get to talk with you.

Debbie, I quit smoking like 5 years ago. My appendix ruptured and I was in the hospital on morphine for a week then vicadin when I was released so quiting really wasn't an issue for me. I do remember not being sure what to do at those habitual times that I use to smoke like with my coffee or after eating or in the car... I didn't do much drinking back then so that wasn't really a problem. Good luck to you though. That's a very respectable decision.

Erin, good luck with your switch from soda too. I replaced my soda with water years ago. The only time I drink soda is to back my whiskey:wink: Green Tea sounds really good too though. I got a pomegranite green tea (by lipton I think) the other day and it was so delicious... Yum!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Ah, it was Erin that quit a few months ago, guess you can't help with the drinking and smoking duo then. :wink: You are right though, the price for smokes has just gotten way too high. Sorry about the money situation, hope things get better soon.

I cut out soda at the beginning of this challenge, used to drink one a day for my afternoon pick me up. After the first week I really didn't miss it. The green tea sounds like a good idea also, DH bought some GT bags not too long ago but I haven't made any yet.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hmmm.. no posts for 4 days!!! How is everyone?
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Day 1 of being a non smoker and I hate everybody, especially all the very very stupid people I have to work with. :bigsmile: So far not too bad but I just noticed that I have already drank 32 oz of water, normally don't get to the end of my first jug until 3pm or later.
    I know the cravings are all in my head but please pray that I do not kill anybody today.
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Day 1 of being a non smoker and I hate everybody, especially all the very very stupid people I have to work with. :bigsmile: So far not too bad but I just noticed that I have already drank 32 oz of water, normally don't get to the end of my first jug until 3pm or later.
    I know the cravings are all in my head but please pray that I do not kill anybody today.

It'll get better. Some people say to chew gum. I never tried it because I have TMJ with my jaw so gum is out of the question.

Glad it's helping you with your water intake though! :P
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    LOL...Just breath Debbie, you'll be okay!
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I've had headaches both days, maybe it is lack of nicotine? Other than that, just ranting and raving at the fools driving on the roads. Thank goodness nobody at work has ticked me off the last two days. :wink: I have not told them as I don't want everybody asking how's it going, yada yada.

How are you both doing this week? I'm not sure if I will have much of a loss, maybe a few oz. I was way under my calories yesterday and got one of those little warning paragraphs that I needed to eat more. Not to worry little MFP tracker, guess it did not see the ice cream from the day before. :bigsmile: Erin, did being sick help you out any?

I guess this is our last week as the Fat Fighter team, after tomorrow we will all be on our own. You both have been great competitors and you know I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you to win.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself just yet missy! Faith posted on the lush thread that she thinks she'll be out this week, Erin has been sick, I'm having issues with my lushiness, so your still in this! It makes me sad that our team has dwindled though... I join a couple of other challenges and still don't feel the bond that our team had/has. I hope everyone rejoins next round because this has been some awesome motivation!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Still sick... haven't exercised since last Thursday. I did weigh 160.2 this morning though.

I wanted to be lushy this weekend, but that wasn't going to happen for numerous reasons. I'm just happy my mom gave me 10 bucks to buy some razors so that I can shave my freakin legs. :mad:

I think I'm going to do tonight what I did last night... Theraflu and a sleep aid. *SNORES*
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well Fat Fighters, i'm very proud to have been part of this team and even more proud to say WE DOMINATED! Final 4 and 3 of us have made it! And lets face it, we all knew Faith would make it to the end so that's no surprise... She shoulda been on our team! Good luck to everyone... no matter what we are all winner! Go Fat Fighters!!!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Woot Woot!

GO FAT FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Been a wee little quiet here lately.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    guess we are all over on the other board. Wonder what April has been up to this week?
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Good point, Debbie.

Hmm.. Haven't seen kasi around.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm here! I went camping again. I got lots of exercise while I was there too! I got to go swimming, tubing, walking, somewhat of a hike.... Lots of fun! How's everyone doing?
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Yay for camping! I think DH and I may go over to the west coast of Florida next weekend for a short get away. Maybe go shelling on Sanibel Island.
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Oooh.. Shelling that sounds like fun.

I hope we can start going to camping next year with Taven (my son)... He'll be three so we'll see.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    He'd love it Erin! All of my kids had their first camping trips before they were a year old. They love being outside, getting dirty, and staying up late to make smores. We love camping!