What's the worst thing someone has said to about being overw

Options

Replies

• Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school some jock told me I'd be really "hot" if I lost some weight. More recently, I was showing some co-worker friends my "before" picture and one guy I hadn't known for very long told a long time friend, "I bet you think you can't believe you were friends with THAT?" It stung for a bit knowing how horrible I used to look and what people probably thought and said at the time but I just have to focus on that being the past and making sure I don't ever look like "that" again.
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My dad always used to make comments about my "belly" since I hold most of my weight there instead of it spreading out everywhere. When I was 18 I dropped about 30lbs and had pretty much stopped eating, he thought it was a good idea to stop teasing me. Haven't heard a thing about it since, even though I've gained about 20 of those lbs back.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I got teased in school because I was fat, middle-class, but went to a preppy school, and wore glasses. My sophomore year of high school i had enough and hit a guy in the face. HARD. I realized I had it in me to control how people saw me. They might say yeah there's the fat guy, but they'll say there's the fat guy that you don't say $h!t to.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Once in high school we were in all being ushered somewhere in a big group the group stops and you know how when one person in a group pushes someone it's a chain reaction and everyone gets pushed, I ended up stepping on this dumb (and she really was dumb, not passing any of her classes dumb) skinny cheerleader's foot she says "God I hate fat people" my response "I hate stupid people, what's your point?" haven't talked to her since and we're cousins!! Seriously!!!

Family......they alwa ys are the ones arent they....Sheesh!
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    this came from my mom...she told me that my boyfriend would never love me with the body i have and that hes probably cheating on me with a beautiful skinny woman....and im always compared to the pretty girls skinny and that love to dress like all pretty and all im totally different compared to them (im weird, listen to the music they hate, and dress a whole lot different to what they expect)

i cried soo much and im so low on myself when it comes to looks :/..
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    My dad said lots of awful things to me before he moved out, even compared my thighs to his and said they were bigger than his (this is when I was about 9-11 years old)... One kid poked me in the stomach and said "fat!" when we were in a line at church with a bunch of other kids; did I mention he was the music minister's kid? Yep... My brother said just the other day that he didn't want me to wear his jacket because I'd "stretch it out"... I've been called hippo... But by far, the person that hurt me the most because of my weight was my ex-boyfriend. Once when I asked him if I looked good he said, "You're trying..." And then right before I left him he confessed that the only things beautiful about me were my face and personality (to him at least). Yep, I've taken quite a few beatings in my time... And there are lots more I won't list...
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    this came from my mom...she told me that my boyfriend would never love me with the body i have and that hes probably cheating on me with a beautiful skinny woman....and im always compared to the pretty girls skinny and that love to dress like all pretty and all im totally different compared to them (im weird, listen to the music they hate, and dress a whole lot different to what they expect)

O.M.G... What kind of mother DOES that??? You're gorgeous sweetie, don't listen to her!
  • lil_missfit
    Options
    My dad said lots of awful things to me before he moved out, even compared my thighs to his and said they were bigger than his (this is when I was about 9-11 years old)... One kid poked me in the stomach and said "fat!" when we were in a line at church with a bunch of other kids; did I mention he was the music minister's kid? Yep... My brother said just the other day that he didn't want me to wear his jacket because I'd "stretch it out"... I've been called hippo... But by far, the person that hurt me the most because of my weight was my ex-boyfriend. Once when I asked him if I looked good he said, "You're trying..." And then right before I left him he confessed that the only things beautiful about me were my face and personality (to him at least). Yep, I've taken quite a few beatings in my time... And there are lots more I won't list...

Wow.....that's terrible...
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

=-o That's aweful!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was a very chubby kid growing up, but didn't know it until middle school when this one girl tormented me about my weight calling my fat, lazy smelly, and even got my "friends" to turn against me. Lucky for me see moved after two years of this, but I was left with a horrible self image/self esteem.

Fortunately, I lost a ton of weight in 7th grade, but I am still built big. One of my friends, who is rail thin, was looking through my closet and said that my clothes look a lot bigger off. This stung since I had just lost 30lbs the year before.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    On a recent visit my mom and were shopping, which I will not look at clothes with her b/c of my size but she looked at me a said you gained all your weight back! I said yes I did. The next day she looked at me ans said "oh, your not as big as you were, must have been the clothes, only gained some back.

Of course this is the woman that once picked out a shirt and asked "if they had it in a non-fat size" to which my sister responded"that's my size" She looked so disappointed!
  • ladymoonlite
    Options

O.M.G... What kind of mother DOES that??? You're gorgeous sweetie, don't listen to her!

aww thanks :) that made me feel good..

a mother is always the toughest critic in my opinion... she said she was trying to give me a reason to lose weight. and also of course tryin to change the way i am. but itll nvr happen cuz thats just how i am... im just unique...
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    the things people say disgust me. some of the things ive read on here blow my mind. im sorry anyone has had to deal with that pain. i remember when i was a freshman in college i was horribly sick and lost about 10 lbs. keep in mind before this 10 lbs i was pretty darn healthy and probably only weighing 140, if that. anyways, i remember my boyfriend at the time coming in while i was showering and looking at me and he said, 'WOW! you would look really good if you stayed that size.' i instantly teared up because 1) i was SICK and 2) i couldnt believe the *kitten* comment that just came out of his mouth.
  • HaleyAlli
    Options

a mother is always the toughest critic in my opinion... she said she was trying to give me a reason to lose weight. and also of course tryin to change the way i am. but itll nvr happen cuz thats just how i am... im just unique...

You're welcome! And don't ever change who you are unless it's a healthy change! No one can choose who you become but YOU!!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The worst has been with strangers in the street shouting out things about my man boobs. That's quite humiliating. On a funnier note though, I'm able to joke with my family about it, and when I mentioned to my mother that I was considering getting a skinhead a few years back, she said to me, "Don't be ridiculous. You'd look like an egg sitting on top of a f**king globe" :)
  • ladymoonlite
    Options

You're welcome! And don't ever change who you are unless it's a healthy change! No one can choose who you become but YOU!!

i told her that!!! but shes one of those moms that is rite no matter what..and she does get mad if i defend myself...its also hurtful because she hates my bf and would say anything to make me leave him..but as well she hates lady gaga and i bumped the song born this way hahahaha
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Where to start......

I had every nickname in middle school (including stupid things like Bacon and Flubber) I was tripped and shoved. I was tortured so bad I would leave school crying... just for being over weight. I must add my school had 300 kids k-12 so it was VERY small, I was THE fat kid to make fun of (even though I wasn't the biggest)

It turned out a guy I was dating WAY back when and all of his friends would sit and make me the center of their jokes all day. kicked him to the curb pretty quick.

I wouldn't get invited to places, like pool parties, because of the swim suit factor. Awesome friends huh?

I have to say though, my family has ALWAYS been supportive and I can't ever remember a time that any of them have EVER commented on my weight. In fact, my brother got into a fist fight with one of the guys that were bullying me and kicked the *kitten* out of him. (I don't like fighting but there are circumstances where big brothers just can't watch it any more)

I have to say I am proud of each and every one of you for not letting it get you down. I have had friends who were so petite they were on the opposite end of it. One of them, people would pick up like she was a 5 year old all the time and she just wanted to be treated like an adult. It isn't just overweight that is an issue and I hope we can all be better examples for our children than what was previously taught to kids!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When a distant relative found out I was preggo and made a coment to my stepmom that she hoped the pregnancy didn't have any complications due to my weight.
  • neverdull
    neverdull Posts: 6
    Options
    My mom was signing both me and my older sister up for gymnastics one summer. I heard her talking on the phone to the instructor and asked if we would be able to do all the activities because we were both chubby. At the time, I know I was not chubby, but I sure seemed to balloon up after that comment. Needless to say, I try to be very careful what I say about my daughter and what I say about my current weight. I don't need my own daughter feeling crappy about herself.
  • lil_missfit
    Options
    On a recent visit my mom and were shopping, which I will not look at clothes with her b/c of my size but she looked at me a said you gained all your weight back! I said yes I did. The next day she looked at me ans said "oh, your not as big as you were, must have been the clothes, only gained some back.

Of course this is the woman that once picked out a shirt and asked "if they had it in a non-fat size" to which my sister responded"that's my size" She looked so disappointed!

Wow....ya know the ONLY person who has NEVER put me down for any reason has been my mom.....I am so sorry...can't imagine having to hear my mom saying something like that or the other things that ppl have shared on here that their mom has said...
    * hugs *