200+ Summer Meltdown!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ok, I think I found what I want for my tattoo. Latin words...."sum fortis"

It means literally I am strong or I am brave. The Latin adjective fortis can be either masculine or feminine. It can refer to both physical strength and mental strength.

and let the designer make it pretty and girlie...omg I love this
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Kendal-WTG for running! And the tattoo sounds kewl! I'll get one eventually, when I have extra $$! LOL! (Which will be never with 3 kids!) But the hubby has 9, so I can just stare at his & wish! :oD

Kristina-welcome back! Hope work's not too hard on you!

And...work is boring! Busy, but boring! Blah!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Kendall, that tatoo sounds awesome and perfect for you. Yay! How are things going with your new manfriend? Have you seen him since the cooking fun? That sounds awesome.

I need new lunch ideas. I've been living off of salads and edamame for what seems like forever, and I love them both dearly but would like some variety. I made the terrible mistake of not bringing my lunch to work today, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for that.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I was on vacation last week and didn't have a chance to post. But I'm back now. My goals ate not going as well as I would have liked so far. I have gained weight. last week I had tom to deal with and my weight was 240. This week I am at 242. Grr! I haven't started c25k yet but that starts tonight. But I have been logging my food. I hope everyone is doing well. I will check in later today. Bye!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for this week is 215.2.

Going to see Thor this afternoon and then go to a BBQ for dinner. Should be good!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Sarah: Enjoy Thor!

Amber: WTG starting C25K!!

Kerry: Do you have a microwave to heat up your lunches? If so, you can make my go-to lunch standard.http://realmomkitchen.com/1087/super-bean-burritos/ Here's where I got the base recipe. I add some cilantro and chipotle pepper powder to it to give it a little kick. The recipe makes a metric butt-ton but it freezes awesomely and then I don't have to think about lunch, I just whip out the burrito filling and a tortilla (I'm a dork, I hand make my own whole wheat tortillas - you don't have to be THAT crazy) and slap a little cheese on there and nuke it till it's bubbly. Super filling and way tasty. If you don't have a microwave, have you thought of caesar chicken wraps? I used to do those before my old boss spent the bucks on a microwave for the office (he ate out every day, he didn't need one). Get a spinach wrap thingy, some pre-cooked chicken along with whatever veggies u like (tomatoes, lettuce, onions, whatevs) and then slap some light caesar dressing on there (or whatever kind of dressing you like). Here's the best greek salad dressing known to man: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Absolutely-Fabulous-GreekHouse-Dressing/Detail.aspx (you'll have to scale the recipe down as it is for a restaurant quantity - I generally make 10 servings at a time. I also do equal vinegar to olive oil otherwise it's too acidic. It's full fat but you don't need much to be happy).

Karen: I've been seeing your MFP posts on Facebook. It seems to be working again.

Kendal: That tattoo is awesome! Where would you put it?

Kristina: Hi there! I love you!

I've been lurking all afternoon but not posting. I've been telling myself I've got to do school work, and then I come back here and lurk some more. Sigh - maybe I'm too old for school and my attention span is shot.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I just whip out the burrito filling and a tortilla......and slap a little cheese on there and nuke it till it's bubbly. ....and then slap some light caesar dressing on there

Amy- you do a lot of violent things in the kitchen...whipping and slapping and nuking. I would be scared if I was a piece of food in your kitchen. BUAHAHAHAHAHA.

I don't know where I'd want to get the tattoo. I would really like to have a tattoo on the back of my neck, but something like "sum fortis" I would like to look down and see for myself whenever I needed to. Ya know? Maybe the inside of my wrist?
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    I just whip out the burrito filling and a tortilla......and slap a little cheese on there and nuke it till it's bubbly. ....and then slap some light caesar dressing on there

Amy- you do a lot of violent things in the kitchen...whipping and slapping and nuking. I would be scared if I was a piece of food in your kitchen. BUAHAHAHAHAHA.

Maybe that's how she's taking charge of her food & losing all those inches! :o)

And wrist, or ankle would be a good place, option to be covered with right accessories/clothing if needed, but still easy to see for support! :o)
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I am EXTREMELY violent in the kitchen, Kendal! HA HA

I have an angel tattoo on my left inner wrist and I LOVE looking at it every day. I definitely think something like "sum fortis" should be visible!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    BAM! 96oz down

is one "glass" of water supposed to be 8oz or 12oz?
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kendal- one glass is 8oz I beleive. I think your tattoo would be great on either you wrist or ankle.

I'm at work taking a quick break. My day is going wonderfully. I am getting things done and I have help. Yay! I have my meal for dinner planned out and a snack when I get home tonight. Well to the old grindstone. Bye!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Kendal & Nava-you're making me hungry! LOL! I might have to use my amazon gift card that I won at work (for biggest loser!) for me a Hungry Girl book! Though what I was wanting to splurge on was some Aveda hand lotion. I feel guilty buying it b/c it's SO expensive, but the stuff is awesome! But, I always get excited when I get new cook books, so I may have to go that route to get me over my hump! :-)

Hubby has ball practice tonite for church league, wonder if I can get the 2 youngest into bed & do me some Zumba! I know if I make myself move, I'll get back into it. If I sit on the computer...then I'll keep sitting! :o)

Kerry-WTG for working out when you'd pretty much done a major workout in the yard! I need me some motivation like that! :o) If you DO fill the water bottle w/vodka...enjoy it! I'm a rum girl myself! LOL!

Instead of Hungry Girl (or both!) Look at Eating Well 500 Calorie Dinners (It's not just dinners) but it is AWESOME! It uses a lot of fresh and whole food too. It's like my Bible.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yikes I hate doing this... but I am going to PASS on weighing in.... after my *kitten* kicking mountain climbing stint I did on Saturday... my weight has gone up by a lb.... either it is water weight that my muscles are holding onto.. or not sure what it is!!!!! :sad: . Since last night my calf muscles are singing a tune I have never heard before & is definitely off key:grumble: I am not a happy camper.. hope somehow somewhere my body starts listening to all the healthy food & exercise signals I am sending it:smile:

Love you all & stay healthy & happy. Just know that though i have not had much of a chance to catch up.. know you are in my thoughts & I am rooting for you:flowerforyou:

Suzie
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Christina-thanks for the book idea! I have to find things that are junk food in disguise sometimes! My kids like healthy stuff, but not all of the time, and they don't have the will power to just eat it, so I'm trying to be nice & ease them into it. The Hugry Girl had some great ideas for that, but I'll check out the other one for me! I just get tired of cooking a seperate meal! Feels like dinner takes longer & then I don't have as much time to work out! Esp once we get dishes/baths/homework/etc all in there! Times 3!!

Amy-I noticed it started working. I don't know if it was this final try to get it to work, or what. I've "undone" & "redone" it several times. Maybe this time it just took, so now FB & MFP are cooperating again. LOL! I had even gone into my FB settings to make sure it was allowing MFP!

Kendal-I count every 8oz. Most things I've read say 64oz a day, which is 8-8oz glasses, so I go by that. I have a 21oz thermos, that I figure filled with ice, counts as 2, as the ice takes 2-3 fill-ups to melt! Saving me a fortune in bottled water too! Worth my $20!

Suzie-it's just awesome muscle you've built...yeah! That's it! :oD

OK, 10 min left to work. I'm all by myself...I don't feel like doing anything productive, but I suppose I should, as we track what we do everyday, so my stats will show I did bupkiss for today...sort of. I worked hard this morning! LOL! Wish me luck on getting in my exercise tonight!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Am - I used to use Vega too. Freakin expensive but a great supplement. The one thing I didn't care for was thef act that it remained gritty, but the vanilla is pretty good if you mix it with a banana, soy milk and spinach. I am sure the Mega Greens and Spirutien combo I do costs about the same, I know it as the same amount of vitamins, minerals, etc. etc. I hope you like it!
  • psychohope
    psychohope Posts: 92
    Options
    hey girlies, hows everyone, had quite a lazy day today, just went food shopping and went with my mum to a local craft shop type thing, have also managed to volunteer myself to do the cooking for my aunts birthday tea:ohwell:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Sum Fortis would be something, IMO, that is for you to look at remind you every day of the meaning..so I vote for inner wrist. I LOVE my wrist tattoo..I'd get a matching one on my right wrist if I thought my metrosexual boss wouldn't have a heart attack. The things I give up for security. Sigh...lol.
    I need to draw it, but for my 35th birthday I am getting a pirate flag held by a mermaid ship figurehead. I am going to paint it first. It will cover the length of my lower back think, so I need to get going on the losing the weight thing lol.

As the day goes on the sorer I get. I am having a hard time lifting my arms higher than my shoulders, and the meaty muscle in my forearm? Well I can't make my arms straight. I woke up thinking I might not have pushed myself as hard as I needed to last night because I was just comfortably sorre. My abs are getting worse as the day goes too. Tongiht its Plyometrics.

What I like is that the dude continually keeps reminding you to set a goal for each move and to keep pushing past it. I need that in a serious way.

Okay well the two plus hour lucnh us girls took plus the computers being down this morning...well nothing got done. I am struggling to be doing something for the last half hour. Boo.
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Ok I have no check in sorry I am going to pass on this week’s weigh in because I have no desire to get on that evil scale after these past few days… I have finally gotten out of my fog…I want to say thank you all for your prayers and kind words…they mean so much to me….I don’t have an update on my mom but I am finally in a better place on the issue of her having cancer and now it is time to fight she needs to and I need to fight for me. So this weekend I didn’t do much of anything except share my kindle with my husband I forgot who mentioned the Game of Throne book well he read the entire first one this weekend totally stole my kindle and my book lol…its ok he deserves it

So tomorrow I am back on the wagon of my world …I am starting back um my Turbo Fire and starting my C25k so that should be interesting lol…all of yalls talk of the Warrior Dash has made me want to do it also I know all of my friends back home did it and I saw all of their pics on it crazy but fun I think we are going to do the one in Michigan trying to find one near us before hubby has to go to a school for a bit

Today was dental day meaning I was at the dentist stoned out of my mind …I have severe anxiety about the dentist so had to take valium got three fillings apparently this medicine I was on Accutane one of the fun random side effects for 1 out of who knows how many can actually cause your teeth to well I don’t want to say rot but well I don’t know from the inside out where a cavity if from the outside in so they have found some of these teeth and had to go crazy in my mouth so out of the fog into the drug fog so no fun for Tae lol….ok so I tried very hard to read everything and respond to everything since I last posted I am sorry if I missed anything at all …ladies keep up all the great work

Kendall~That is wonderful about Lane Bryant rock on girl I bet that felt so very good …how are you liking the C25K I am starting it up tomorrow fingers crossed, I refuse to measure my cream in my coffee because if it is close enough to equaling a Starbucks I might just go and get one instead of drinking it at home good on you for measuring your cream out…Sorry your high school semi reunion was not so much fun….you boy sounds super sweet …how is that going?

Kerry~Thank you for the kind words and thoughts for my family, how do you like your new hair cut? I am tempted to get mine cut it is really close to my tushy but I just want some sass to it and I have no idea what I want…I saw the picture it looks great…I am sorry about your Mom’s Aunt I hope that everyone is doing ok….I can’t stand to vacuum I don’t know why but I hate it so much I never mind cleaning the toilet until I got married because now I know I am not just cleaning my funk lol…that is awesome only 30 days away from the end of p90x isn’t it funny how when we start something it’s like 90 days how is that ever going to happen and look at you so close to the end

Nava~ You and your scale kind of sound like me and mine lol…I will weigh before and after my morning business and before I go to bed I am getting really sick of it…I actually haven’t stepped on it for almost a week now and scared to see what it will say

Karen~Thank you so much for your kind words and keeping us in your prayers…as of several days ago you had a yulky work day sorry about that, I am jealous of your big bath and I hope you enjoyed it. What book are you reading? I hope that your day got better and that your paper got turned in…As far as the stomach cramps no I have not had any unless it is around the time of the month…no I take that back pizza as I have gotten older hurts the heck out of my stomach and makes it crampy…I am also thinking about getting the hungry girl cook book well because I am always looking for new things to eat

Lacey~Thank you also for your kind words….so how is the p90x going? How did the yard sale go? You rock for cleaning out your house

Amy~How are you liking your Kinect we have one and a few games but I have yet been brave enough to use it I know we have the dance kinect and something else that uses it? Congrats about your kids at the soccer game, sorry about the wounds but that is awesome that you are so prepared ROCK ON FOR FINISHING UP THE INSANITY YIPPPEE…did you decided what you are going to do while you wait to refresh for Asylum…I have never been able to do the protein shake with just water calories or no calories…they seem to taste so much better with some form of milk in there…but I also do the same thing with hot chocolate something about a powder and water just does not make any sense to me at all….How is your groin? That is one thing that I have never pulled and honestly heard it hurts like a bugga bear hope you are getting better soon

Victoria~how did the hair turn out? I am impressed I could never let someone have that much power of my hair lol not a bad thought though….No offense Victoria but I am not sure I want to hear about your nice weather…I am a Texas girl living in Indiana and I had to turn my heater on last week in May it is hitting 70 maybe this week but man when can I bust out the flip flops without catching a cold lol

Jen~thank you for understand and my thoughts, prayers, are with you and your step sisters…Go you with your weight loss that rocks

Annette~thank you for your insight and kind words also and welcome back

Katie~thank you also for your kind words and go you one your NSV size 5 Lane Bryant Jeans who cares what size they are in other stores that rocks…I keep seeing you talk about your lean body weight etc…what does that mean?

Pam~Welcome this is a great group of ladies

Suzy ~ Go you with your NSV on the walk yippie

Crystal~Did you ever get your Tushy kicked? Or have it put back into gear cause if not I will be happy to help
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Amy, do you have a calorie count on those burritos? They look delicious. (Yes, I'm just being lazy and haven't put it in the recipe calculator.)

Tae, I had no idea about that tooth-related side effect to Accutane! Man, is that medicine nasty stuff. But it makes skin look SO NICE. Sadness.

As for lunch ideas, lately I've been a big fan of the lean cuisine pizzas. I'm normally not a fan of the frozen meals, but the lean cuisine pizzas have reasonable calories, sodium, and it helps me with my pizza cravings! The margherita is lame, but I've had bbq chicken, roasted garlic and chicken, and bacon and spinach alfredo, and those are all good. They're about 320-350 cals. I've been having one pizza and 7oz. of strawberries for lunch.

Christina, thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to look at that book. I'm not much of a cook, so it's been hard for me to get creative!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Nava yeah it has a crazy amount of side effects this is not one that I even knew about until the dentist told me and also I need to be on the look out for bone lumps in my gums now seriously...but for as bad as my skin was I will take the teeth crap because the skin made me never want to leave the house or anything ....just not a big fan of the pain killers lol