One Hour Runner Thread

Options

Replies

• shannonaufman
    Options
    sooh -- that website that you provided does actually have the one hour runner program on it. Scrolling to the bottom, there is a section called "becoming a one hour runner," which is the OHR program we've been following.

Margot -- of course it's ok!! :smile: welcome to our little group. That's a GREAT 5k time. Well done!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5k race just over a week ago with my husband and did it in just under 35 minutes, so feeling really confident. I'm due to finish C25K in about two weeks so will be hanging around if that's okay!

@ Margot - Congrats on completing your first 5K...awesome time!!! Welcome to the group!..:flowerforyou:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread. I just finished C25K last week and have been jogging 3x a week. I am slow as hell, but I don't stop moving! Monday's "run" was for 42 min, so not sure if it would be backwards progress to start OHR at the beginning.

Thanks for the continued inspiration!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread. I just finished C25K last week and have been jogging 3x a week. I am slow as hell, but I don't stop moving! Monday's "run" was for 42 min, so not sure if it would be backwards progress to start OHR at the beginning.

Thanks for the continued inspiration!

Maybe start on week 4 or 5... I don't know if you'd be moving backwards. It might help with your speed somewhat. I have followed the programme closely and have managed to maintain my 10 minute mile speed even on the longer runs.
  • funfitfoodie
    Options
    W7D3 - 34 minutes

34 minutes - 3.72 miles @ 9 minute 8 second minute mile.

I've checked the route a million times and it's definitely right - it didn't feel that fast!!!
  • aab1
    Options
    32 minute run on TM full time at 6.0mph which was a good challenge for me. Felt great!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    So much to catch up on after being away for a couple of days.

Bif~ congrats on your 5k!

Jill~I'm glad you started c210k. I know how it feels to struggle to find what works for you. I would like to give it a try. I tried b210k but i found it a little difficult. I'm pretty sure I've fallen off the wagon due to lack of structure and accountability. This plan looks like something I could stick with.

Shannon~I'm glad you are feeling better and getting back in the game.

Welcome to all of the new people. Our little group is growing.

As for me~everyday's a new day! I'm having a hard time balancing work, home and exercise. It was easier when the kids were in school and I had more structure. Its hard right now because I don't have a set schedule at work. I go in as early at 7 and as late as 9. i just have to work 8 hours each day. I hate going in later because I hate staying later. I take my daughter to camp everyday at the Y. So my big plan was to workout before I pick her up. Well, that hasn't happened either. Maybe I will try working out in the morning and then work from 8:30-5 (instead of my usual 7:30-4). Decisions, decisions.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    So much to catch up on after being away for a couple of days.

Bif~ congrats on your 5k!

Jill~I'm glad you started c210k. I know how it feels to struggle to find what works for you. I would like to give it a try. I tried b210k but i found it a little difficult. I'm pretty sure I've fallen off the wagon due to lack of structure and accountability. This plan looks like something I could stick with.

Shannon~I'm glad you are feeling better and getting back in the game.

Welcome to all of the new people. Our little group is growing.

As for me~everyday's a new day! I'm having a hard time balancing work, home and exercise. It was easier when the kids were in school and I had more structure. Its hard right now because I don't have a set schedule at work. I go in as early at 7 and as late as 9. i just have to work 8 hours each day. I hate going in later because I hate staying later. I take my daughter to camp everyday at the Y. So my big plan was to workout before I pick her up. Well, that hasn't happened either. Maybe I will try working out in the morning and then work from 8:30-5 (instead of my usual 7:30-4). Decisions, decisions.

Glad to see you're back!

Just find what works best for you. I'm definitely noticing that it's a lot tougher doing C210K outside as opposed to on the treadmill. Maybe it's because it's close to an hour each time, maybe it's the hills mixed in there, who knows, but it's definitely been challenging. I've actually been running later in the evening because it's been the only chance I've had to squeeze it in the past few days, so tonight I didn't get home until 8:30. It's really hard to motivate myself to go out that late, but I'm glad I did it.

Tonight I did W4D2 of C210K, todays workout was 52 minutes including wu & cd, alternating 9 - 2 minute runs with 3 minute walks. I tried again to really push myself on the runs, most were around 5.4, but some were up around 6.0, so I was happy with that. In total I did 3.54 miles today.

Good work everyone, keep it up!
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Jill~ thats really great! You will get used to the hills in a few weeks. Way to go with increasing the speed. I'm trying to motivate myself now to run tonight.

Happy running!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I ran for 30 Min plus 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down.. 3 miles.. I am slow, but I did it. This is my first dat back running for weeks.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    I ran for 30 Min plus 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down.. 3 miles.. I am slow, but I did it. This is my first dat back running for weeks.

Welcome back to the boards. Good run!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am going to 'hop' in here since I have been following this thread for sometime. I read what you guys are doing and its informative and I can kind of gauge where I am and need to be. I am not following the 'one hour runner' to the letter, but I know its better than the interval training of b210k for me.
    This week was the first time of running for 51 minutes consecutively. I was only 40 minutes prior to that for the last 3 weeks. I just keep trying to push myself with time....no so concerned with distance now as I think that will come. I am currently between an 11 and 12 minute mile, but have a pretty hilly park.
    My goal is to run 10 minute miles and I am signed up for my first 10k on October 1st.
    I really like seeing how diligent everyone is in here with their days/runs....So I'm in!
  • aab1
    Options
    33 min on TM @ 6.0mph.

We all had an awesome & successful June with our running goals! Nice efforts, Ladies!! Let's continue the intensity in July!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Hi, I recently finished C25K and was considering starting OHR but the link to the training plan isn't working for me any more. Does someone have it that they can send it to me? Thanks!
  • funfitfoodie
    Options
    Hi, I recently finished C25K and was considering starting OHR but the link to the training plan isn't working for me any more. Does someone have it that they can send it to me? Thanks!

We posted it on Page 8 at the bottom!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options

We posted it on Page 8 at the bottom!

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that lol
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I ran on Monday after work but forgot to post it. I was feeling a little crazy and decided to see how fast I could run 1 mile. Well, I did it in 10:32 and then had to just walk for 2.5 minutes b/c I thought I was going to puke. Then I proceeded to run another 2.5 miles verrry slowwly!

While I was running that "fast" mile it seemed like I was moving REALLY fast AT 10:32/mile. I can't believe that my goal by October's 5K is to do a 10 minute mile. I can't even picture running that fast... To run that fast at this point I'd have to have the boogie man after me or something...
  • funfitfoodie
    Options
    W7D3 - 45 minutes

45 minutes - 5 miles - 9 minute mile.

Really proud of this - running a different route with quite a few inclines. Was really hot today and didn't take out any water :sad:

I'm moving into my new flat/ new city today and don't have internet until the 15th July which means a number of things

1. No MFP forums
    2. No googlemaps/mapmyrun to map our any running routes.

So I think I will probably be taking at least a week off OHR. I'm hoping that next week I will have been able to sort out the induction for the gym in my block of flats and will at least be able to continue on the treadmill (UGH :noway: ) while I get my bearings of my new home :smile:

Good luck everyone!!! You're all doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Acid~gool luck with your move. I'm not sure what I would do with no internet for 2 weeks. Yikes! See you in a couple of weeks.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I ran on Monday after work but forgot to post it. I was feeling a little crazy and decided to see how fast I could run 1 mile. Well, I did it in 10:32 and then had to just walk for 2.5 minutes b/c I thought I was going to puke. Then I proceeded to run another 2.5 miles verrry slowwly!

While I was running that "fast" mile it seemed like I was moving REALLY fast AT 10:32/mile. I can't believe that my goal by October's 5K is to do a 10 minute mile. I can't even picture running that fast... To run that fast at this point I'd have to have the boogie man after me or something...

LOL @ the boogie man! I completely agree with you about feeling like you are running SO fast! I know part of my problem is that I am carrying a lot of extra weight and I know once I get some of it off I will feel better running at a faster speed. Just keep pushing yourself and you'll get there!