BATTLE OF THE BULGE SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!! - Whose

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Stayed under my cals today:)) carbs??? errrm....well....tomorrow is a new day:))
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay! I didnt go over my calories today!! Im actually excited about weigh in tomorrow. Cant wait to see what the scale says :-)
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feeling good, everyone! I thought I'd just leave a message on here to share my happiness at my weigh-in result: this week, I lost 1.5kgs, which is almost 3lbs... after a no-loss week last week, that feels great :) And it motivates me to keep going! By week 10 I plan on fitting into all those clothes which don't-quite-fit any more. There's a BIG pile of them.

Hope you all do well with weigh-ins. Good luck!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challange! I'm not too late, am I??
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited about weigh-in tomorrow after I've done a lot of walking this week!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    So excited for the weigh in tomorrow!!! Keep up the good work everyone =)
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    monday.gif

MONDAY MAY 31ST - DAY 16! “START ME UP!”

WEIGHIN WEEK 2!!!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK (this is new) – This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    How many people stayed under calories yesterday?!? We have a lot of new faces starting with us this week, and this is the start of a new week! So let’s ‘start it up’ and ‘get our bodies vicious’ – today’s challenge is to ‘work on my fitness’ (thanks Fergie haha) – BURN AT LEAST 150 CALORIES TODAY!!! (we’ll start small for those partying today – you still need to burn a little somethin!!)

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. START ME UP – Rolling Stones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG2b3VhSCC4
    2. FERGALICIOUS – Fergie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0utQ-XWGY
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    Which physical activity have you done and noticed burns the most calories in the least amount of time?

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I find that the Elliptical is a great way to get exercise. It burns calories really fast. In 28 minutes I can burn up to 330 calories.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great secret-sharing idea: I don't have a HRM, so I don't know how many calories I'm burning, I just have to trust the exercise diary on here. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does. I know what I do works in terms of getting results: the 30 day shred DVD 5 days a week in the morning. Whatever I can get around to on weekends.

Today I've burned just over 200 cals with the 30DS, and I'm about to go to work to do a heap of heavy lifting...

Hope everyone's weigh-in is good!
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    I think each person burns calories differently. I use Cardio Trainer app on my phone and that is pretty accurate. It says how much you burned with fruits etc, which is cool, like it doesn't say you burned a slab of chocolate like Wii Fit.
    I found that I burned 222cal yesterday doing the Biggest loser weight loss yoga for about 40min. It is not long, but it was a great workout.
    I think that when you think of working out at something you "have" to do, it becomes hard to do.. But if you view it as something fun it is easier to do and you find yourself missing it if you don't get the chance and doing it more.
    I hope this makes sense because my flu head is doesn't always make sense.
  • momzybaby
    momzybaby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cw 157
    height 5'5"
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    My weigh in is done, and it was aweeesome!!!

I am down 4.5lbs from last week, bringing me to 162.5 :love:
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that most calories used in the least time would by zumba.
    Had trouble with internet yesterday but I have to say. I am so happy. I have met every challenge this past week, and it shows. I am down two pounds
    150 cals burned today --- I am on it.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am rotted. At one point during the past week, I was down 2.4 pounds - but for some reason - I was up a little this morning.

cw for the challenge is 203.8 - still down over all from last week but these tight rings are making me think water gain. I'll get you all next week.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am so excited!! Goal was to lose one pound but I lost two!! :glasses:

Great challenge today. I am planning a long bike ride with my boyfriend. Will burn a lot of calories, I imagine. VERY hot here today, will be almost 90. We went from cold and rainy to hot and sweltering! No spring at all.

No picnics or cookouts for me which will make eating healthy easier and make the bike ride really count!! :drinker:

Good luck to everyone weighing in today!! :love:
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Which physical activity have you done and noticed burns the most calories in the least amount of time?

For me, TurboJam has burned the most calories. But, besides that, hiking (cross country) has burned just as much it seems. I've been spending a lot of time in the woods with the family, hiking, swimming, fishing, etc and I am just as sore from that as I would be from doing 45 minutes of a workout dvd.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Only down half a lb this week, but like last week am down in inches everywhere. I guess I need to adjust something so I can lose inches and weight. Will have to consider that for a bit.

Everyone have a great Monday.
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I stayed under my calories yesterday. Today I can easily do the 150 calories.

My weight today is 164.4 so I lost 2.4 pounds this wk. WOW!!!! I am shocked with myself!! I have lost so far 3.4 pounds. My total goal for 5wks is 8lbs! I have 3 wks left. So that comes out to 1.5 a wk from now on.

WOW,.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lost 1lb this week but was really hoping for a bigger number. Really watched the diet and exercise this week. So planning on tweeking my diet and planning on revving up more exercise for the bigger number this week. :)