BATTLE OF THE BULGE SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!! - Whose

Options

Replies

• PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do not like many vegetables so its hard for me to try new things I usually just stick with what I like but when I do want to spice things up I'll use garlic powder, some I can't believe its not butter spray, salt, pepper...I keep it simple for the most part...
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Ikahr - Hitchhiking actually means: To travel by soliciting free rides along a road. Essentially people get in cars with strangers to get a ride along to wherever they're going. It's considered very dangerous these days to pick up or be a hitch hiker. Hiking on the other hand is exactly what you were thinking it was. :)

YES I did not , in anyway, mean to offend at all... i dont want anyone hitch hiking for 3 hours, trying to gain rides from strangers in vehicles... eeek... HIKING is amazing, and I love Hiking!! I need to find somewhere to hike around here!!

To spice up my veggies...Pepper (i dont use salt), a touch of rosemary, grated Parm cheese, or just plain..... I love veggies!!! also I may put them in a small flying plan with a spritz of Spray ICBINB (i cant believes its not butter), or a spritz of non stick spray, and sautee them up for a couple of minutes.... Just Delicious!!!

Enjoy your Vegetables!!!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    A great snack is just some cut up some raw veggies like: bell pepper strips, cucumber wedges, baby carrots, broccoli or cauliflower florets, sugar snap peas....etc. Use a little salsa, hummus or fat free dressing as a dip. great for a snack at my desk and my kids love it too.
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I like to "spice up" everything, especially since I heard eating spicy peppers boosts your metabolism. Last night I made a flat bread for dinner with what I had in the garden, so it had carmelized onions, 2 big banana peppers and jalapenos. Then a little bit of feta and fresh basil. Was delish! and nice and spicy!
  • rmjjohnson
    rmjjohnson Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it looks like there IS a difference between my dog scale at work and my bathroom scale. The question is: which to choose. It probably doesn't matter which one I choose, but I'd like to think that the scale at work is more accurate. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just pick one and stick with it?

Vomity this morning. I DID have a weird combo of foods for dinner, but I always eat weird. Does anyone think a filtered water bottle may be the culprit?
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Ok, so it looks like there IS a difference between my dog scale at work and my bathroom scale. The question is: which to choose. It probably doesn't matter which one I choose, but I'd like to think that the scale at work is more accurate. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just pick one and stick with it?

Vomity this morning. I DID have a weird combo of foods for dinner, but I always eat weird. Does anyone think a filtered water bottle may be the culprit?

I would use whatever scale is easier and more convenient for you to use and stick to it. I was using the scale at Publix every Friday because I like it better than my scale at home, but we haven't been biking to Publix as much and have been opting for Subway, so I switch to my one at home. There was a slight difference, but I'll be sticking to that one, since its what I started with (as of 3 weeks ago)
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If it's not to late I definitely want to join this challenge! Sounds like great motivation :-)
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't spice up my veggies. I prefer to take cayenne capsules twice a day to boost my metabolism and to cut down my hunger cravings. Keep your veggies simple and easy, raw. If I have to eat cooked veggies, I usually eat them with garlic and balsamic vinegar. I would suggest looking up natural remedies for things, like rosemary is a essential oil helps strengthen the capillaries and has a rejuvenating effect. It has been used to treat a wide range of ailments, including stomach upsets, digestive disorders and headaches. I would suggest doing a little research, You may find that your adding more spice to your life and adding so many health benefits.
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Im very picky bout the veggies i eat, i mostly eat them in a salad where i can pick and chooses what goes in, rather than a bag of frozen veggies. i usually, top salads off with light tuna, some sea salt and black pepper and a tbsp of Kraft low fat ranch dressing...

For a light dinner/meal, i season and steam a fillet of tilapia (98calories) then i mix it with a cup of raw coleslaw (you can find this in the veggie aisle next to spinach and salad mix). Simple and Delish. Add a tsp of light dressing if you want. I usually opt for Marzetti 98% fat free coleslaw dressing. Yum.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So I've been feeling really drained this week :frown: I have not wanted to exercise and i just want to pig out greasy burgers and fries and chocolate! The only thing keeping me accountable is this group. I don't want to fail or undo all the hard work I've done so far. Reading everyone's posts and thinking about the 3 lbs. I lost last week are keeping me motivated and moving! Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • azachery
    azachery Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    So I've been feeling really drained this week :frown: I have not wanted to exercise and i just want to pig out greasy burgers and fries and chocolate!

me too but I think about my progress and this next week's goal and I get up and do SOME kind of activity and EVERY TIME I feel SO MUCH BETTER and healthier after doing it!!! SO KEEP ON TRUCKIN!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! just checking in. Spicy up the veggies..........hmmm............I steam broccoli and then add a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and melt it.....YUMMY! There are different styles and flavors so have fun with it. With my exercise I just have been sneaking in walking throughout my day, early in the AM before kiddos get up, during their naps and then at night when they go to bed. You see, I have 5 and it makes working out hard. I do attend a Zumba class once a week and LOVE it! Hope everyone had a good day and is staying on track! :)
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good job again everyone!!

For spice, I love cayenne and little bits of hot sauce. Another way to spice up veggies is to roast them. For example, roast red peppers and OMG. SO sweet, spicy and delicious.

As for shakin' it this week, my hubby and I found 3 dancing games for wii and we narrowed it down to one. The winner was"Gold's Gym Dance Workout" for $19.98!!

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!! :)
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use the fat free ranch or fat free Italian dressing on some of my veggies, but I love to put lemon and a little bit of salt on cucumbers and tomatoes. I LOVE TOMATOES!!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    logo-the-biggest-loser.gif
    WEEK 1 WINNERS:
    ready4achange1 – BIGGEST LOSER with 9 LBS LOST!
    BeachGurl815 – lost the most % of her Body Weight = 3.33%!!! WTG!!!
    congrats.gif

All results are posted at www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
    (Green dot means you’re good, yellow means caution (you’re maintaining so be careful), and red means you’re goin the wrong way!) Results are sorted and ranked by lbs lost, then by % body weight lost. If you have a #value that means I’m missing info from you (for most it’s the goal weight). People without dots means I don’t have starting weights OR weighins OR both…

Wednesday-Glitters-2.gif

WEDNESDAY MAY 25th - DAY 10! "FRIENDS – HOW MANY OF US HAVE EM?”

CHALLENGE/TIP :drinker:
    They say the best way to stay motivated is to have friends to be in your corner, cheering you on and keeping you motivated. The list of ALLL the people in the BOB is out! Your challenge today is to make friends with them and check up on each other – encourage one another when someone is reaching out for help and cheer each other on when they’ve done something good!!! ADD AT LEAST 5 BOB FRIENDS!

MOTIVATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY
    I’VE GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES – Garth Brooks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPXEJYyKaM
    I’LL BE THERE FOR YOU – The Rembrandts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Nc0FAk74c&feature=related
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    We all crave certain foods that are too high in calories. Do you have a bad food you like and how do you substitute it?
    _________
    I like pizza but 1 slice is deadly…instead a take a small flour tortilla sprinkle some low fat mozzarella and 1 slice of thin salami or thin deli style pepperoni, add some garlic powder or Italian seasoning, and microwave for 30 seconds, fold over and eat…tastes just as a great as a slice of pizza and less than 200 calories!!:wink:

SHOUT OUTS:
    To our BOBers who might have gained some weight in week 1 but will definitely be the ones to look out for in the week 2 weighins because I KNOW they're goin hard this week! WATCH OUT!:bigsmile: Give them some extra encouragement this week - add them as friends!!!
    kimklapow
    tsmom1128
    afteil
    cmhughes3
    IamBrande
    kjdkjd2001
    mindeyc
    Soufsidekitho

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WOW, Kristy, what a HUGE amount of work you've put into that spreadsheet! Well done, and THANK YOU!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Ready4achange and Beachgurl; those are some amazing and definitely inspiring losses!

Mmm, cravings... Risotto! I have a fantastic Weight Watchers recipe which is more roast veggies than aborio rice, and it's delicious, only around 200 cals p/serve, and you get SO MANY VEGGIES in!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Hannahrenee86 Posts: 183
    Options
    Way to go all!! Great job.

Lets rock this week. My goals for the week are to drink more water and to really bring it to the last week of P90x. I go on vacation to my parents house for a month on Sunday.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I sent my weight, but maybe you didn't see it. CW (as of Monday) was 143. Thanks for a job well done!! :flowerforyou: